Bad In-Laws Stories.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went to meet an X boyfriends mum for the 1st time . We had a roast dinner....after it was finished she picked up her plate and licked it clean . I kid you not . I was mortified.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
The first time I met my mother in law she told me I wasn’t good enough for her son! She comes from a quite traditional Indian background, and even though that’s not how much husband was raised she wasn’t happy at him dating a white girl....even though she married a white man!

Even now, 3 grandchildren later, we’re not on great terms. She likes to belittle me and take over with my children - luckily we don’t see her that often!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
My FIL constantly bashes his other (ex) daughter in law for not breastfeeding, says it’s the reason the kid always has colds etc... I breastfeed my 7 month old and he’s constantly asking when I’m ‘taking him off draught’ 😷
Not your tits, not your concern 🙃😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
My FIL constantly bashes his other (ex) daughter in law for not breastfeeding, says it’s the reason the kid always has colds etc... I breastfeed my 7 month old and he’s constantly asking when I’m ‘taking him off draught’ 😷
Not your tits, not your concern 🙃😂😂
no uterus - no opinion ! 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Mine told me I should of aborted my son whilst I was pregnant. Her words were literally “if you’d had an abortion he wouldn’t be tied down” 😳
Needless to say I avoid her at all costs.
She’s homeless now and I have never grinned so hard.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Mine told me I should of aborted my son whilst I was pregnant. Her words were literally “if you’d had an abortion he wouldn’t be tied down” 😳
Needless to say I avoid her at all costs.
She’s homeless now and I have never grinned so hard.
Wow, that's unbelievable! Some people 😲😲😲

Reactions: 3
My ex's mum used to kiss my bf, his twin brother and older sister all on the lips and would ring him to say good night if we were out 🤣

My husband is a orphan so lucky escape there for me but to be fair all his siblings are lovely so I imagine his parents would of been to, although his brothers partner told me I needed to work on my tummy exercises, 5 days after giving birth and having had sacral dysplasia during labour!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm so lucky mine are just simply lovely. Can't believe some of these...the licking plate one..... 😂

Reactions: 15
my (now ex) in laws got angry at me because I didn't visit with my son on my MIL's birthday.
He'd literally just come out of hospital the day before after a round of chemo. I thought it would be a given that we wouldn't be there but I got a phone call later on in the day from MIL saying she was really disappointed and angry at me because she wanted to see her grandson on her birthday. I really shouldn't have been as surprised as I was, they were assholes

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
My Mil told my children and all the other grand children not to call her nan or gran but to call her Mum like my husband because she's too young to have grandchildren.... She's 53 😔

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
My mil doesn’t have anything to do with us, refuses to acknowledge our baby together. Didn’t want to know anything about the pregnancy at all but she idolises her daughters kids 🤨. All because my husband stopped running round for her when we got married. The miserable witch was fuming all day on my wedding day and left early without a word spoken to me or her son! The day she dies will be the day I have a party

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
My partners parents passed away before we met but his sister is a nightmare.

I had quite a major breakdown which led to a sectioning or two, I'm also a very private person so it was on a strict need to know basis. She got bitter and posted about it on Facebook for all to see, all the nitty gritty details.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
i love my in-laws but I’m having to start drawing the line with them as they keep trying to invite themselves on every holiday we take🤕. We’re planning on emigrating later this year and haven’t told them yet in fear that they’ll try and stop us going or invite themselves along too😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The problem I have is my FiL treating my son and daughter differently. When daughter passed driving test & went to uni he gave her some money to help out. When son reached these milestones he got nothing. Obvious difference in cost of birthday and Christmas presents in fact this year son got nothing.
I feel so hurt for my son but he just shrugs it off but I know it must hurt him. I know its only money but I just don't get why he does it. I've not said anything to prevent an argument but I dont have much to do with him as I feel so bitter.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I cannot stand my mother in law and I have tried really hard to like her! She smokes like a chimney and constantly stinks which she then tries to cover with cheap perfume making it ten times worse!
When she comes to stay she never helps in the house and it takes me days to get rid of the smell after she’s gone. She also loves to give sly little digs about “in her day” 🙄
However the absolute worst thing about her is that she farts constantly. She either doesn’t know she’s doing it or just doesn’t care. I’ve told my husband to tell her off but he treats her like a china doll since she turns on the waterworks at the least little thing. It honestly revolts me.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
My mil doesn’t have anything to do with us, refuses to acknowledge our baby together. Didn’t want to know anything about the pregnancy at all but she idolises her daughters kids 🤨. All because my husband stopped running round for her when we got married. The miserable witch was fuming all day on my wedding day and left early without a word spoken to me or her son! The day she dies will be the day I have a party
This.
Old cow hasn't seen our son for nearly 5 years (he is 5!). Told my husband not to marry me. Had random 'health scares' when I was heavily pregnant which meant my husband being called to her at all hours. No cards for her son or grandson, no acknowledgement. I try to have time for everyone no matter what, but shes an absolute vile old woman. I took her live in help away from her and boy she never forgot it. Her loss, better off without people like this.

Edit to say she sat with a face like thunder at my wedding too, refused pictures.. the lot! However she was up dancing, drinking and grinning away at his brothers wedding.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
This.
Old cow hasn't seen our son for nearly 5 years (he is 5!). Told my husband not to marry me. Had random 'health scares' when I was heavily pregnant which meant my husband being called to her at all hours. No cards for her son or grandson, no acknowledgement. I try to have time for everyone no matter what, but shes an absolute vile old woman. I took her live in help away from her and boy she never forgot it. Her loss, better off without people like this.

Edit to say she sat with a face like thunder at my wedding too, refused pictures.. the lot! However she was up dancing, drinking and grinning away at his brothers wedding.
Yes my mil was happy as a pig in tit at my bil’s wedding🤨. I know it’s hard when you see your child being left out but it’s her missing out on your child x

Reactions: 2