Baby Names

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought I’d make a thread about baby names we both love and hate (no offence to anyone here). I really like SJ Strum’s baby name videos, although don’t get me started on Gabbie & her weird obsession with “quirky” names like October and Navy ?

I’ve got toddler twins & I won’t list there names here but here’s some names we loved that didn’t make it. I guess they’re pretty traditional. What names are on your list?

Girls:
Charlotte
Sadie
Natasha
Ingrid

Boys:
James
Ludo
Hugo
Sebastian

Reactions: 2
I’ve got toddler girl/boy twins and we found it really hard to decide. I’m not really a fan of the quirky names either, each to their own it is just not something I would pick for my own children. We had:

Girls
Charlotte
Grace
Amelia
Isabella

Boys
Leo
Miles
James
Thomas

In the end we went with Charlotte Grace and Leo James. My only regret (whilst I still love her name) is that everyone assumes we went with Charlotte because of Princess Charlotte, where as it’s just a name we loved.

Reactions: 5
I’ve got toddler girl/boy twins and we found it really hard to decide. I’m not really a fan of the quirky names either, each to their own it is just not something I would pick for my own children. We had:

Girls
Charlotte
Grace
Amelia
Isabella

Boys
Leo
Miles
James
Thomas

In the end we went with Charlotte Grace and Leo James. My only regret (whilst I still love her name) is that everyone assumes we went with Charlotte because of Princess Charlotte, where as it’s just a name we loved.
Hi fellow twin parent! Love the names you picked. If we had another girl, Charlotte would be top choice. I guess any royal baby name is going to cause a spike. I wonder what Harry and Meghan will go for? I can see them picking something quite American and not traditional.

Hi fellow twin parent! Love the names you picked. If we had another girl, Charlotte would be top choice. I guess any royal baby name is going to cause a spike. I wonder what Harry and Meghan will go for? I can see them picking something quite American and not traditional.
Twins are an experience, eh? ? I can see them going the more modern/American way. Shake the monarchy into the 21st century, even if only slightly.

Reactions: 1
Ooo I love a baby name list, I have so many [emoji85]

Girls:
Sadie
Thea
Shay
Nora
Sylvie
Evangeline
Nora

Boys:
Thomas
Henry
Isaac
Mason
Otto
Luca
Alexander

I also have two quirky ones but I'm not sure I'd ever actually use them...
Girl: Sunday
Boy: Maverick

I know, what the hell? [emoji23] But I'm standing by my right to like a quirky name!!

Reactions: 3
I have a girl and boy aged 2 and 3. They have quirky names, I won’t list them as it will be very outing!

We went to a party at the weekend and met another girl with my girls name, both me and her mum couldn’t believe it!

Reactions: 4
I've got baby number 3 on the way eek only found out a few weeks ago but have no idea on names. We won't be finding out the sex so need both, it's too early to tell friends and family yet and hubby is fed up of me talking about it haha! What are your top ones? My current 2 are pretty standard names

No children yet but I like -
Mila, Quinn, Elvie, Beau and Everly for girls.
Ari, Jesse, Luca, Cole, Harry and Cohen for boys.

Boys names are harder I think. But I like Ethan, Noah, Issac, Leo

Girls- Violet, Elle, Ada, Lily

Boys I like Lucas, Flynn, Harris, Leon
Girls I like Skye, Rose, River, Isabelle, Isla
I have one girl named Lucy

It is funny as I am childfree (choosing not to have children) but definitely have names picked out that I like.

Girls:
Audrey
Isla
Margot
Maud
Matilda
Vada
Harper

Boys: Theodore/Theo.
Arlo
Winston
Walter
Henry
Finley
Arthur

Reactions: 5
Am due a little girl and hopefully if I get my way haha she will be called indie. My other names are.
Summer
Phoebe
Goergie
River
Harlow

• Heart
My top name since I was a little girl has been Lydia, from a book my Mum used to read me. I’m now 33 and married but without kids. But Lydia is always the name I would choose if the time ever game. Good luck x

We are absolutely not having any more but names that I liked when I was listing for our last child were:
Amelie
Annabelle
Emily (Emmie)
Molly
Lily
Eden (Edie)
Jessamy
William
Christian
Matthew
George
James/Jamie
Angus
Freddie
Hamish

I have a Oscar
If I have another boy I like Oakley or Finley
Girls names I like are
Rose/rosie
Gracie
Nora

I have a Oscar
If I have another boy I like Oakley or Finley
Girls names I like are
Rose/rosie
Gracie
Nora
Finlay is a surname no ? It is in Ireland anyway! Haha

None yet. 2 years til I'm fully settled into my job then hopefully get a fella who can be a stay at home dad and have loads of babies with me 🤔😂

I love:

Elliot
Elijah
Jasper
Sebastian
Felix

Eowyn
Violet
Theo ( Theodora)
Blair
Maeve

Am due a little girl and hopefully if I get my way haha she will be called indie. My other names are.
Summer
Phoebe
Goergie
River
Harlow
What's indie short for? India ? So cute !! It's become popular where I am recently and especially like India rose !

Wow going through the list ya'll like your American names lol are they popular atm?

Last edited:
omg yayyy love this thread.

My daughter has a very different, quirky name and I wish I could share it here.

I have a really long list of names saved on my phone so I will just share my favourites! I have been trying to conceive for a while now, hoping it happens for us soon.

Girls -
Cleo
Nina
Maya
Pia
Margaux
Clemmie (not mod)
Lucia
Mya
Tammy
Genevieve

Boys -
Alfie
Tommy
Sonny
Louis
Don
Frankie
Barney
Sebastian (sebby for short)

That's just a small selection haha.

I have a baby girl, I gave her a very traditional strong name which was once very popular but isn’t even in the top 100 now, I like the fact that no one else in her class, or probably even school will have the name, but it is instantly recognisable and everyone knows how it is spelt, pronounced etc, not a fan of try-hard quirky names where the kid is forever going to have to explain how it’s spelt and eveything

Other names I loved were Harriet, Annabelle, Minnie, ivy, blossom, and Clara, didn’t want anything in the top 100

Boys names I found a bit harder. really loved Arthur and Theo but they have both become extremely popular which puts me off