Autmazing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a newish channel which I quite like. I like Cammie, she and all of her kids have autism. One thing I have noticed though is that she seems to ignore the boys and doesn't have much time for them. She clearly favours the girls, especially Tessie and Maggie. Has anyone been watching?

Reactions: 1
This is a newish channel which I quite like. I like Cammie, she and all of her kids have autism. One thing I have noticed though is that she seems to ignore the boys and doesn't have much time for them. She clearly favours the girls, especially Tessie and Maggie. Has anyone been watching?
I used to watch it but she films her kids shamelessly now. #kidscantconsent

Could someone else please go check out Autmazing latest vlog on YouTube? Cami is going on about it being autism awareness month, and the negatives of some groups and symbols that make life harder for people on the spectrum. I think it's a bit hypocritical as Cami films her children for content.

I really really despise this family vlogger who films all of her autistic children, herself and her husband both autistic shamelessly exploiting their kids for content. They are with extremely naive or extremely stupid or they just don't care that they are exploiting their children on YouTube for all to see. I did enjoy watching them initially. I got sucked into the cuteness. But his dare I ask Cami about her motivations to film her kids for content without their consent! Then the beast awakens in her! If you have watched her recently she seems to have been going through some sort of hair breakdown. She cuts all their hair. The girls get the same cuts and the boys get the same cuts it looks so twee. Normally she cuts hers same as girls but started dying it different colours every week. Then she cut it from a Bob to a pixie and she looks deranged. I now am questioning her mental health as she just looks like she is losing the plot! I think cps should get in there and check are her kids okay and is mum okay?
Maybe she can't handle her youngest not being a baby anymore and is losing her identity? I just don't know. Someone needs to check in on them imho.

I really really despise this family vlogger who films all of her autistic children, herself and her husband both autistic shamelessly exploiting their kids for content. They are with extremely naive or extremely stupid or they just don't care that they are exploiting their children on YouTube for all to see. I did enjoy watching them initially. I got sucked into the cuteness. But his dare I ask Cami about her motivations to film her kids for content without their consent! Then the beast awakens in her! If you have watched her recently she seems to have been going through some sort of hair breakdown. She cuts all their hair. The girls get the same cuts and the boys get the same cuts it looks so twee. Normally she cuts hers same as girls but started dying it different colours every week. Then she cut it from a Bob to a pixie and she looks deranged. I now am questioning her mental health as she just looks like she is losing the plot! I think cps should get in there and check are her kids okay and is mum okay?
Maybe she can't handle her youngest not being a baby anymore and is losing her identity? I just don't know. Someone needs to check in on them imho.
I've been watching her for quite some time just to analyze her as a parent and person. I think being shut in with all 5 children for over a year has gotten to her. They've been doing virtual/"home"school, but it's just 15 minutes per child per day which is NOT good. She gives her youngest free reign to utterly destroy all of their furniture under the guise of it being a stim (it may well be but it is NOT okay to just let children destroy things at will). The boys have been placated with a Nintendo so there's no focus on them. Maggie is getting older and louder in her vocal stims. I feel absolutely horrible for sweet Sadie. She is the oldest and though she does have a very functional form of autism, she's 12 and is stuck at home, without her outlets of basketball/sports/dance, with her younger and very loud siblings with little to no ability for privacy.

Cammie is not stable...she has devolved over the past year with her dramatic hair changes (hair cuts are FINE, but her changes reek of instability). She shaved her boys' hair to the scalp. Children (esp. ones with special needs) need and desire routine. There is no routine in that house. It's a chaotic mess.

She 100% favors Maggie and Tessie over all of the other children

She exploits her kids just as bad as Fathering Autism, imo. I have watched her early videos and they seemed a lot more natural then, she was doing a lot more simple "day in the life" videos, but shifted into pumping out all this content. She seemed obsessed with getting ALL her children autism diagnoses, it's weird. Maybe because she herself and her husband have autism. But she takes it so far as to actually having "Autism" in the title of almost every video! Is that really necessary?

Her older daughter, Sadie seems to have a more milder form of Asperger's. But she is quite often left out and I do feel bad for her. Tessie and Maggie need a lot of attention I can understand but none of them can consent to constantly being filmed! I really wish she would have not had so many children. It looks like she struggles to handle them all, especially when they are all out in public together as one group. Covid did nothing good for them, having them all stuck in the house together. At least all the kids are back in school now.

Tessie has now become the main focus of the channel, and I think it's for a variety of reasons. She's the youngest, and that tends to draw a larger audience when they're young and tiny. She can't speak. She's still cute to watch and easy to film. Maggie has become a bit harder to handle, is louder now, taller, older. Sadie, at 13, seems to have asked to be off camera more, which I am grateful for. She needs her privacy. The boys...seem to just be utterly forgotten about.

I don't even mind if I'm the only one here to vent on this channel. Her most recent video is about the difficulties of going to the doctor's office as an autistic person and not being believed.

I'm just going to say it. She's a hypochondriac. She states that her O2 stats drop to 81 at night constantly. I'm sorry. That isn't realistic. Her hands and feet would be blue and cold. There would be a HOST of other issues if her O2 stats were that low. She's basing it off of her Apple watch readings. Those devices aren't medical grade.

She states that the urgent care doctor once scolded and yelled at Maggie when she was brought in for an appointment, and Cammie thinks it was because he wasn't aware of her level of communication....oh I don't know Cammie...maybe make that the VERY FIRST THING YOU TELL THE OFFICE. "My daughter has severe autism and is mostly non-verbal. She cannot answer your questions so please direct them to me."

I can't with her.

I don't even mind if I'm the only one here to vent on this channel. Her most recent video is about the difficulties of going to the doctor's office as an autistic person and not being believed.

I'm just going to say it. She's a hypochondriac. She states that her O2 stats drop to 81 at night constantly. I'm sorry. That isn't realistic. Her hands and feet would be blue and cold. There would be a HOST of other issues if her O2 stats were that low. She's basing it off of her Apple watch readings. Those devices aren't medical grade.

She states that the urgent care doctor once scolded and yelled at Maggie when she was brought in for an appointment, and Cammie thinks it was because he wasn't aware of her level of communication....oh I don't know Cammie...maybe make that the VERY FIRST THING YOU TELL THE OFFICE. "My daughter has severe autism and is mostly non-verbal. She cannot answer your questions so please direct them to me."

I can't with her.
Yes she's ridiculous. Probably also has a mild form of Munchausen's syndrome. She states she didn't feel looked after when sick and went to "so many doctors" over the years and not feeling believed/told to suck it up and that's a big sign which may lead her to seek out medical attention more what is normal.
The doctor also may have been rude but why assume people know things and get irritable about it when they don't. It is up to her as a mother to be her non verbal child's advocate and voice as soon as she gets there, or even before the appointment, diagnosis or not.

OT but what's with all the eyeliner all of a sudden? I don't recall her usually wearing that much makeup.

Reactions: 2
OT but what's with all the eyeliner all of a sudden? I don't recall her usually wearing that much makeup.
[/QUOTE]

Munchausen's seems more plausible, to be sure. The hair, makeup, etc could be related to being on YouTube. I've noticed a lot of YouTubers start to "glam up" when on camera. It's not her best look. It makes her eyes looked crazed. Her nervous laugh drives me up a wall.

She does this fake "gasp" when talking to the kids that grates on my nerves. There are a lot of adults that do it when they speak to children and it just comes off as fake, patronizing, and irritating.

Patrick once again gets less attention than any of the other children. Short pre-birthday vlog where he's barely the center of attention. In her "What I Got My Kids for Christmas" vlog for this year...80% of the gifts are for Maggie and Tessie.

She does this fake "gasp" when talking to the kids that grates on my nerves. There are a lot of adults that do it when they speak to children and it just comes off as fake, patronizing, and irritating.

Patrick once again gets less attention than any of the other children. Short pre-birthday vlog where he's barely the center of attention. In her "What I Got My Kids for Christmas" vlog for this year...80% of the gifts are for Maggie and Tessie.
I find her voice/accent in general really grating. I know, I know, she can't help it but I find the way she's always saying "Maggie" really irritating. She draws out it weird. "Meeggie" and I don't know, it just sounds ugly.

Tessie is quickly becoming the centre of attention in the family. I wish the boys and Sadie were paid more attention to.

We get it, Cammie! You're all autistic! You don't have to slap the word autism on every video.

I know shopping starts early but it seems a little early for a Christmas present vlog.

Watching this vlog, I think I see what's going on with poor Patrick. His siblings' louder and more physical stims really seem to make him anxious and upset. He's trying to enjoy his pre-birthday song, but James is shrieking, Maggie is going after his candles, and Patrick is just looking upset saying, "Stop! Maggie!!" The song just tapers off into nothing and has none of the excitement given to his brother and sister's songs in the past. It's like everyone's just over birthdays by the time they get to him and that's not okay

He would benefit from quieter activities...something that's his alone. I have a soft spot for sensitive children.

Watching this vlog, I think I see what's going on with poor Patrick. His siblings' louder and more physical stims really seem to make him anxious and upset. He's trying to enjoy his pre-birthday song, but James is shrieking, Maggie is going after his candles, and Patrick is just looking upset saying, "Stop! Maggie!!" The song just tapers off into nothing and has none of the excitement given to his brother and sister's songs in the past. It's like everyone's just over birthdays by the time they get to him and that's not okay

He would benefit from quieter activities...something that's his alone. I have a soft spot for sensitive children.
I think you're exactly right. TBH, I don't quite understand where stims start and just purely obnoxious behavior begins - I get the girls are extra high-needs and all, and that's totally fine, but they're also all (girls plus James) allowed to act like feral beasts a lot of the time. I really feel for Patrick. Cammie seems to think that the entire family being autistic is just the coolest, cutest thing ever and either cannot put boundaries on the kids because of her own issues or will not because AUTISM!

Reactions: 2
I think you're exactly right. TBH, I don't quite understand where stims start and just purely obnoxious behavior begins - I get the girls are extra high-needs and all, and that's totally fine, but they're also all (girls plus James) allowed to act like feral beasts a lot of the time. I really feel for Patrick. Cammie seems to think that the entire family being autistic is just the coolest, cutest thing ever and either cannot put boundaries on the kids because of her own issues or will not because AUTISM!
I completely agree, I hate how Cammie lets the kids run amok, just because they have autism doesn't mean you can't teach them boundaries and discipline them. I imagine they can be a nightmare when they're all out together, just based on how most of them act at the grandparents house.
So many times when they're somewhere like at a pumpkin patch Paul will end up with the other kids because she's too busy filming Maggie.
She made a whole rant video about ableism and not using a disability as an excuse but that's exactly what she seems to do with her own children's behaviour.

I completely agree, I hate how Cammie lets the kids run amok, just because they have autism doesn't mean you can't teach them boundaries and discipline them. I imagine they can be a nightmare when they're all out together, just based on how most of them act at the grandparents house.
So many times when they're somewhere like at a pumpkin patch Paul will end up with the other kids because she's too busy filming Maggie.
She made a whole rant video about ableism and not using a disability as an excuse but that's exactly what she seems to do with her own children's behaviour.
I have seen videos where she just LETS Tessie destroy furniture. I mean actually destroy it. Ripping the bottoms out of the couches, stacking them precariously to climb on. Tessie broke that massive 3-tier bunk bed in record time. It's their house. If they're okay with is being demolished/drawn on then good for them that they can replace things so easily, but it's just reinforcing behaviors that could and should be limited, autism or no.

Attachments

Last edited: