Autism moms and advocates

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she’s off to the Serengeti and going to do a live BUT you have to pay to see it?? Wow talk about 2 fingers to anyone who has already donated!! I’m got to see there’s only been €20 donated since she put up the target up to 30k hopefully people are getting wise to her 🙄
Forced myself to watch through her latest stories. Who in their right mind will pay €10 to watch her on her jollies 🤔 Like you said, it's a big 2 fingers up to all who donated previously. I'm tit sick of her now, constantly moving the goalposts and tapping the same people for donations. Enough is enough 😡

Reactions: 1
Forced myself to watch through her latest stories. Who in their right mind will pay €10 to watch her on her jollies 🤔 Like you said, it's a big 2 fingers up to all who donated previously. I'm tit sick of her now, constantly moving the goalposts and tapping the same people for donations. Enough is enough 😡
The charities supposedly on the receiving end should disassociate themselves if they want to retain any credibility. Where is all the money collected being spent. ??

I can’t get my head around how she said that their flights were changed and so they decided to add in the Serengeti trip, ‘they got the money together for it’ but yet a few months ago she had the bowl out to bring the daughter when the others dropped out??

I can’t get my head around how she said that their flights were changed and so they decided to add in the Serengeti trip, ‘they got the money together for it’ but yet a few months ago she had the bowl out to bring the daughter when the others dropped out??
I do not understand this at all, and this is not me targeting Lenore, this is just me looking for clarity and transparency on a fundraising drive, as I am entitled to do!
The other people dropped out of going, I do not blame them there is a global pandemic and I get The feeling they wanted to do this purely to raise the money, unlike Lenore who does wish to holiday there. There was a huge panic as Lenore was now to travel on her own and it was just before Christmas, I know all of this because I went back on my family group chat as we were discussing how to help.
So we raised money to send the daughter on the trip so miss Lenore was not alone, she did a skydive to raise this, breaking COViD regulations at the time which was not nice, which again I think was more of an experience for her.
But! The reason we were all urged to raise these funds was because the balance of the daughter's trip was due a few days before Christmas and Lenore has 6 children and could not come up with the funds on such short notice, so surely if money was found since then, the daughter could pay her way and the fundraising to into the amount raised, instead of another holiday experience for Lenore?

Lenore takes all of this as a personal attack, but all charity endeavours must be open and clear, ego cannot take over, no matter how much you raise!

Reactions: 2
Lenore takes any questioning as a personal attack. As this thread has raised valid questions again , it’s only a matter of time before there will be a post on Instagram about trolls etc.

Lenore takes any questioning as a personal attack. As this thread has raised valid questions again , it’s only a matter of time before there will be a post on Instagram about trolls etc.
That is something i am coming to realise about her, it is very sad that she would behave like this. If you are raising 1€ or 100000€ you should be open and clear.
People are supporting her fundraising and donating prizes, money and buying raffle tickets etc, if they have a question it should be answered, not this ego trip and aggressive stories, it's not nice at all

I do not understand this at all, and this is not me targeting Lenore, this is just me looking for clarity and transparency on a fundraising drive, as I am entitled to do!
The other people dropped out of going, I do not blame them there is a global pandemic and I get The feeling they wanted to do this purely to raise the money, unlike Lenore who does wish to holiday there. There was a huge panic as Lenore was now to travel on her own and it was just before Christmas, I know all of this because I went back on my family group chat as we were discussing how to help.
So we raised money to send the daughter on the trip so miss Lenore was not alone, she did a skydive to raise this, breaking COViD regulations at the time which was not nice, which again I think was more of an experience for her.
But! The reason we were all urged to raise these funds was because the balance of the daughter's trip was due a few days before Christmas and Lenore has 6 children and could not come up with the funds on such short notice, so surely if money was found since then, the daughter could pay her way and the fundraising to into the amount raised, instead of another holiday experience for Lenore?

Lenore takes all of this as a personal attack, but all charity endeavours must be open and clear, ego cannot take over, no matter how much you raise!
Are the Gardai by law supposed to oversea donations? People can’t just take money without proper committee managing donations.

Exactly and can’t afford to take kids to school but yet endless spending on travel itinerary. The charities at least will be getting minimum 100k each at least , looking forward to seeing the cheque handovers in the paper and all the ‘lucky’ prize winners being presented with their prizes.

Are the Gardai by law supposed to oversea donations? People can’t just take money without proper committee managing donations.

Exactly and can’t afford to take kids to school but yet endless spending on travel itinerary. The charities at least will be getting minimum 100k each at least , looking forward to seeing the cheque handovers in the paper and all the ‘lucky’ prize winners being presented with their prizes.
I do not know about the laws but I do hope that the charities have guidelines or they may be in trouble with people collecting in their name for the wrong reasons, now of course I am not saying Lenore is collecting for the wrong reasons and I do trust her that all monies raised in the name of the charity will go to the charity.

I am just so disappointed in her that when there are questions about one of her fundraisers, instead of taking the time to explain what happened, she instead chose to go with her ego and insinuate that the money she has raised speaks for her conduct, it is very bad behaviour and it is opening my eyes to a lot of her past behaviour, it's a shame

I do not know about the laws but I do hope that the charities have guidelines or they may be in trouble with people collecting in their name for the wrong reasons, now of course I am not saying Lenore is collecting for the wrong reasons and I do trust her that all monies raised in the name of the charity will go to the charity.

I am just so disappointed in her that when there are questions about one of her fundraisers, instead of taking the time to explain what happened, she instead chose to go with her ego and insinuate that the money she has raised speaks for her conduct, it is very bad behaviour and it is opening my eyes to a lot of her past behaviour, it's a shame
There’s no issue with WiFi coverage over there, that’s a fact. A group of doctors have just returned and blogged their whole journey every second so it was totally transparent and everyone knew they completed the trek. No one was asked to pay for access and no one was shown Cleverly posed inserts or questionable posts.

There’s no issue with WiFi coverage over there, that’s a fact. A group of doctors have just returned and blogged their whole journey every second so it was totally transparent and everyone knew they completed the trek. No one was asked to pay for access and no one was shown Cleverly posed inserts or questionable posts.
When she started this fundraiser, she was full of enthusiasm, please help her and she will take us all along on the journey but now you have to pay extra? I was shocked when I saw this on WAI, I think people are completely over her now, so much has been done to support her and, instead of doing this live as a thank you she instead expects them to pay yet more money?
What about the mammies who have donated as much as they could, bought raffle tickets , and to be honest another 10€ as they are struggling with sending children back to school is a bit much?
It's very bad form indeed.

When she started this fundraiser, she was full of enthusiasm, please help her and she will take us all along on the journey but now you have to pay extra? I was shocked when I saw this on WAI, I think people are completely over her now, so much has been done to support her and, instead of doing this live as a thank you she instead expects them to pay yet more money?
What about the mammies who have donated as much as they could, bought raffle tickets , and to be honest another 10€ as they are struggling with sending children back to school is a bit much?
It's very bad form indeed.
I actually admire Lenore so much and have always supported all her fundraising endeavors and feel her heart is in the right place but as someone who has definitely donated over 100e at least to her fundraising over the past couple of years I feel very cheated now to he asked to fork out even more money for the live. By all means set it up as a fundraiser but allow people who have donated previously have access for free. Very upset over it actually and even though I would love to see the live, on principle I won't donate another single penny.

I actually admire Lenore so much and have always supported all her fundraising endeavors and feel her heart is in the right place but as someone who has definitely donated over 100e at least to her fundraising over the past couple of years I feel very cheated now to he asked to fork out even more money for the live. By all means set it up as a fundraiser but allow people who have donated previously have access for free. Very upset over it actually and even though I would love to see the live, on principle I won't donate another single penny.
I was the same as you, I loved her stories and thought she was doing amazing work. I and my boyfriend's family have donated so much time and money to her drive and would keep going on but the raffle where her best friend won the main prize really got us thinking and then to see Lenore's awful ego trip where she kept reinforcing how much she( with all of our help but that was not said!) Had raised to date so it was like a middle finger up to us.

That live, where all of the wonderful people who have supported her along the way, the actual people who donated the money, it was not money from Lenore's pocket, would love to get something back as a thank you for all of their generosity, the people who have donated money, shoes, school supplies, bought raffle tickets, is now yet again an excuse for Lenore's ego being stoked by raising more money.

Lenore may say that she does not need to do this live, and she is right but it would be more fair to either do it for everyone who has supported her or else not bother and save her precious bandwidth for the few that she feels she should communicate with.

All of these add ons to her trip would go so much further if she was humble and donated the money ( as she wishes us to do at every opportunity) and also the money that was donated to pay her daughter's way now that more money has been found

Does anyone else find Sharon from our wheely big journey to be a dose? Sorry now, I know she’s extremely sensitive so I won’t say too much in case she reads here but them stories this evening spouting shite about not wanting to answer someone’s question about what Noah’s diagnosis is, first of all it’s out there and very easy to find 🙄 second of all, she doesn’t want it to ‘define him’, load of bull it’s such a rare and not widely known syndrome that 99.9% of people aren’t going to define him or make presumptions about him based on it, as they are completely unaware of the details of the condition. Why doesn’t she just tell the truth, she wants the page to be all about Sharon and her aspirations of being a blogger, she has 0 interest in raising awareness of Noah’s condition or the reality of life in Ireland as a young boy with different mobility needs. People may hate on me for this lol, I find her sooo self absorbed

Reactions: 9
Does anyone else find Sharon from our wheely big journey to be a dose? Sorry now, I know she’s extremely sensitive so I won’t say too much in case she reads here but them stories this evening spouting shite about not wanting to answer someone’s question about what Noah’s diagnosis is, first of all it’s out there and very easy to find 🙄 second of all, she doesn’t want it to ‘define him’, load of bull it’s such a rare and not widely known syndrome that 99.9% of people aren’t going to define him or make presumptions about him based on it, as they are completely unaware of the details of the condition. Why doesn’t she just tell the truth, she wants the page to be all about Sharon and her aspirations of being a blogger, she has 0 interest in raising awareness of Noah’s condition or the reality of life in Ireland as a young boy with different mobility needs. People may hate on me for this lol, I find her sooo self absorbed
Nailed it.
Remember the campaign for raising awareness about carers?!.. I saw straight through it as a campaign for her to up her numbers. She was meant to be getting a petition she was asking for signatures for sent into government... we never saw any follow up on it!

Reactions: 3
Nailed it.
Remember the campaign for raising awareness about carers?!.. I saw straight through it as a campaign for her to up her numbers. She was meant to be getting a petition she was asking for signatures for sent into government... we never saw any follow up on it!
Yesss i remember that, it was all about growing her numbers with her. She seems to feel very entitled to followers and it’s embarrassing how she can’t even disguise her irritation when she cops that people have unfollowed her. I’d hate to break it to her, but Sharon herself hasn’t really the type of character that people will want to watch every day, nor does she have a niche or USP, so she’s only setting herself up for more frustration with now not wanting to do any awareness around disability at all, which is what her page was supposedly started for. She’s like a petty child. ‘No no don’t look at Noah or show an interest in him, look over here at me I’m the interesting one!’ 🤢
And all the tagging of places they plan on visiting looking for freebies is seriously cringe. I’d know of both her and her husbands families. They have plenty money although she likes to let on they’re like everyone else, not true at all. It’s funny when she lets the ordinary, average income family mask slip sometimes when she can’t help bragging about things. She actually really annoyed me recently, she said something along the lines of after getting hair, nails and waxing done, essential bank holiday prep. Like what average stay at home mother can afford that as essential ? Does that mean any woman who can’t afford to get all those done the same day are walking around looking like bags of shite cos the essentials aren’t done 🤔

Reactions: 4
Thank God someone else has seen through this dose. You’re absolutely spot on. Uses the kid for free stuff totally. Another one that got a free dog from canine companion and dog only used then as a pet and never brought out for purpose she was trained and intended for. I’m sure a genuine family would have benefited so much from the skills they dog was trained for at a cost of 10k.

Yesss i remember that, it was all about growing her numbers with her. She seems to feel very entitled to followers and it’s embarrassing how she can’t even disguise her irritation when she cops that people have unfollowed her. I’d hate to break it to her, but Sharon herself hasn’t really the type of character that people will want to watch every day, nor does she have a niche or USP, so she’s only setting herself up for more frustration with now not wanting to do any awareness around disability at all, which is what her page was supposedly started for. She’s like a petty child. ‘No no don’t look at Noah or show an interest in him, look over here at me I’m the interesting one!’ 🤢
And all the tagging of places they plan on visiting looking for freebies is seriously cringe. I’d know of both her and her husbands families. They have plenty money although she likes to let on they’re like everyone else, not true at all. It’s funny when she lets the ordinary, average income family mask slip sometimes when she can’t help bragging about things. She actually really annoyed me recently, she said something along the lines of after getting hair, nails and waxing done, essential bank holiday prep. Like what average stay at home mother can afford that as essential ? Does that mean any woman who can’t afford to get all those done the same day are walking around looking like bags of shite cos the essentials aren’t done 🤔
Her in laws are really decent folk everyone likes but she’s very unpopular.

Reactions: 4
Thank God someone else has seen through this dose. You’re absolutely spot on. Uses the kid for free stuff totally. Another one that got a free dog from canine companion and dog only used then as a pet and never brought out for purpose she was trained and intended for. I’m sure a genuine family would have benefited so much from the skills they dog was trained for at a cost of 10k.

Oh really 😮 I didn’t know their dog was from canine companion 😮 she’s definetly not being used for purpose, and to think they’re are families in genuine need waiting on a dog where it would actually improve their lives so much

Oh the dog really bugs me! I have seen first hand how beneficial these dogs can be, and to see one used as a family pet is so frustrating!

Imo she's too fiery for social media, she let's minor things get to her and then explodes, the big deal she made over getting messages over selling second clothes, she set herself up for that, how she thought anyone would buy a pair of littlewoods v by very Jeans for €15 and then pay between €5-€9 for postage is beyond me. Have to say they are brilliant parents to Noah, admire them, it can't be easy.

Imo she's too fiery for social media, she let's minor things get to her and then explodes, the big deal she made over getting messages over selling second clothes, she set herself up for that, how she thought anyone would buy a pair of littlewoods v by very Jeans for €15 and then pay between €5-€9 for postage is beyond me. Have to say they are brilliant parents to Noah, admire them, it can't be easy.
I couldn’t fault her parenting. Just her own personality wise, for someone who wants to make it as an influencer, her ego often makes for awkward watching and unpleasant outbursts when she gets questioned on anything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.