Australian Influencers #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a tired and dated look now. A bit like long kaftans and cowboy boots. Spell is losing their way.
But that is and always has been their way??? They aren’t instagram cool anymore. It’s far too associated with Covid lockdowns and boho Karen’s. Let’s just not go slamming people for not following the trends. Spelly has been pretty consistent.

Subscribe is wild. Even my personal account has the option. Is this the way instagram is moving? Pay to see your mates show off?

Reactions: 3
But that is and always has been their way??? They aren’t instagram cool anymore. It’s far too associated with Covid lockdowns and boho Karen’s. Let’s just not go slamming people for not following the trends. Spelly has been pretty consistent.
Huh? Tired and dated is and has always been their way?

I’m not commenting on Spell for not following the trends; they used to set the trends.

Besides, it’s Tattle and I can comment on whomever I like. I think Isabella looks a hot a mess most of the time and Spell clothes are overpriced and derivative.

Reactions: 14
Kaftans, cowboy boots and hot mess have always been their vibe. I wouldn’t say they set trends, more recycled a 70s style. But carry on ak, tattle is a free for all, I’m not trying to police you 😂

Reactions: 5
The “style” she is wearing is hideous and looks like something a toddler would pick out of a dress up box and insist on wearing everywhere they go 😂

Reactions: 5
Possibly. Might be way too early to tell. Given it’s over in WA there is an element of isolation to that, given Perth is the most isolated city. If a legal gag order is placed, I’ll delete this post
I don’t think it’s a problem for us to discuss but it will be hard for a jury to stay offline and not look up anything. Those who already know of the case would have to remove themselves from the jury.
I saw the thread on Perth reddit and a lot of comments were asking ‘who?!’
That last comment about him not being alone in planning this is intense. If Gracie was really involved she should also face consequences but once again, the kid needs at least one parent.
If this isn’t proof of how toxic social media is- I don’t know what is….

Reactions: 10
The way Tully Smyth films every moment of the weddings she attends drives me crazy (including posting the entire ceremony on her stories). Is she literally just on her phone the entire time?

Reactions: 15
Yeah Courtney Mangan yesterday…. Yikes. The rant after one DM…. And I’m sorry but you can’t pull out the I have cancer card as an excuse/defence for everything (say this as a cancer survivor myself). It really grinds my gears. Nobody has asked her to not take a day off Instagram since 2019. That tirade was so uncalled for. I mostly enjoy her content… all the recent stuff with her family has made things a bit PG/harmless… but there’s not a hope in hell I’m subscribing to it

Reactions: 12
The way Tully Smyth films every moment of the weddings she attends drives me crazy (including posting the entire ceremony on her stories). Is she literally just on her phone the entire time?
I noticed this too! Plus most ceremony’s these days are “unplugged”, so she really shouldn’t be on her phone (unless the couple didn’t care I guess)

Reactions: 6
Yeah Courtney Mangan yesterday…. Yikes. The rant after one DM…. And I’m sorry but you can’t pull out the I have cancer card as an excuse/defence for everything (say this as a cancer survivor myself). It really grinds my gears. Nobody has asked her to not take a day off Instagram since 2019. That tirade was so uncalled for. I mostly enjoy her content… all the recent stuff with her family has made things a bit PG/harmless… but there’s not a hope in hell I’m subscribing to it
I've never seen her so....irate?? Gross overreaction. She used that one DM to further justify why subscription was necessary, to protect herself from mean DM's. It was someone who she's interacted with multiple times and they just expressed their disappointment that she was looking at doing a subscriber account. She's had it good if that's a bad DM. She's deleted all those stories now and hasn't shared any of the feedback from her Q&A box. The rant was bad PR I guess. They were in between her cooking with Courtney stories and the pantry clean she did to release her stress over the DM. The time she has put into her SM was her choice and it has served her well! She has multiple successful businesses, which she has repeatedly said were built on the back of her SM.

This is why the subscription thing is a con. These people make a living because of SM. Instagram isn't charging them commission for the income they make from using their platforms, so why do influencers expect the people who line their pockets to fill them up further for literally providing the same thing they already do!?

• Wow
I enjoy Courtney’s content too, but I’m not sure why she hasn’t taken a day off Instagram since 2019 🧐…..especially since she hasn’t really monetised her account (except for a small number of collabs) and her income is from Spin and Co and other business ventures. The argument that paying for her subscription means you won’t be affected by the Instagram algorithm and will actually be able to see her posts/stories - surely if you’re that keen you just go to her account? For free….

I've never seen her so....irate?? Gross overreaction. She used that one DM to further justify why subscription was necessary, to protect herself from mean DM's. It was someone who she's interacted with multiple times and they just expressed their disappointment that she was looking at doing a subscriber account. She's had it good if that's a bad DM. She's deleted all those stories now and hasn't shared any of the feedback from her Q&A box. The rant was bad PR I guess. They were in between her cooking with Courtney stories and the pantry clean she did to release her stress over the DM. The time she has put into her SM was her choice and it has served her well! She has multiple successful businesses, which she has repeatedly said were built on the back of her SM.

This is why the subscription thing is a con. These people make a living because of SM. Instagram isn't charging them commission for the income they make from using their platforms, so why do influencers expect the people who line their pockets to fill them up further for literally providing the same thing they already do!?
Wow all the stories really are gone 😮

Reactions: 8
Yep yep yep!!! I already fund your lifestyle, and you want more?!? What do you actually do?!

There’s a whole world of accounts on Insta that provide actual value, run by experts. Influencers? Not so much. We’ll all be fine without you, thanks.

Reactions: 9
This made me laugh. Oh the irony!!!

I think I've seen mum lyf stickers naked body more than my own!
Isn’t she the ones who’s always dancing around on her stories. I barely know her account but I’m sure I’ve seen her (and her sister?) half naked!! Lol

And further to the subscription talk I’m barely getting by with my own bills and life so get lost if any of these influencers think I’m going to find their own! The app is free and they aren’t entitled to anything.

A person who’s an ex of a Tiktok star is charging $57 per month for their new Patreon. Lol started at $25 ish has been slowly creeping up as I keep checking 😭 6 followers so far.

* $53 per month

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I don’t think it’s a problem for us to discuss but it will be hard for a jury to stay offline and not look up anything. Those who already know of the case would have to remove themselves from the jury.
I saw the thread on Perth reddit and a lot of comments were asking ‘who?!’
That last comment about him not being alone in planning this is intense. If Gracie was really involved she should also face consequences but once again, the kid needs at least one parent.
If this isn’t proof of how toxic social media is- I don’t know what is….
If Gracie was involved then she should face the full consequences of the law, regardless of her child.

I find it super ick when girls say “finally” when their partner proposes. Maybe in private, but publicly 🤢 she said in this clip “finally, finally, finally” and he goes “thanks for wearing me down guys this is all for you”

D6DBD17B-0958-48AA-B082-B5CA4253C3AD.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.