Australia - bushfires, mining, tourism and Kylie's matesong

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Kylie, but someone that was desperate to leave Australia is promoting said country to encourage Brits to fly the longest possible flight and being paid a fortune no doubt from Australian tax payers. In the middle of a bushfire crisis and their government is in quite a state and divided over climate change and opening the biggest coal mine on earth. Mess!!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
The model brothers in the video, who say they’ll tuck you in at night, if that’s was true I’d be on the first flight down there. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm not a huge fan of fireworks - surely CG fireworks would be just as impressive for TV viewers like China did for the Olympics. But it's a bit late to petition to stop the Sydney Nye fireworks. They would have been ordered nearly a year ago and already paid for and in place. They can't just change their mind and get back £3 million.

Reactions: 2
I LOVE Australia, favourite place on earth! We often talk about selling up and moving to Perth. But that advert... if anything it put me off!

Reactions: 3
I'm not a huge fan of fireworks - surely CG fireworks would be just as impressive for TV viewers like China did for the Olympics. But it's a bit late to petition to stop the Sydney Nye fireworks. They would have been ordered nearly a year ago and already paid for and in place. They can't just change their mind and get back £3 million.
I wonder how much the fireworks in big cities bring in money wise I know people always justify the royal family as bringing tourists to London which I’ve always cynically wondered about but there’s always loads of people at the new year celebrations.

having said that, I do wonder if we are coming to the end of these kind of big events- security costs, insurances etc must be so expensive now and if people are starting to be turned off

Backyard cricket... the Austrialian PM did that today while the country's burning... SMH

Backyard cricket... the Austrialian PM did that today while the country's burning... SMH
Aussie here, our PM is just SMH full stop.
Just saw the Kylie ad. She doesn't even live over here anymore so isn't the best person to promote Australia. So strange. I do love Kylie though

Aussie here, our PM is just SMH full stop.
Just saw the Kylie ad. She doesn't even live over here anymore so isn't the best person to promote Australia. So strange. I do love Kylie though
Not sure which area you're in in Australia... it's such a catastrophe! Wish there's more everyone can do to help

It so sad what happening in Australia :( I understand these bushfires are part of nature - but this is something else! It is so scary and sad.

IMG_20200104_191247.jpg

It's so sad everyone's who have lost their homes and their animals
And the wild animals

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Not sure which area you're in in Australia... it's such a catastrophe! Wish there's more everyone can do to help
I'm in Queensland so not anywhere near the fires, but it's so heartbreaking :( just feel so sorry for all the people and animals effected.

It’s dreadful, even more so because it didn’t have to get this bad, if only the Australian government was more focussed on prevention. I have family in Melbourne, also friends in Sydney, they’re all ok but the health hazard of smoke inhalation alone is crazy. I just don’t understand how can politicians be this irresponsible? Anyway, I donated what I could, Australian Red Cross, Salvos a a few others are asking donations, but it’s a bit late for all those who have already been harmed (That poor Joey, omg 😰 ) Imo Australian Aborigines should be in charge of Australian environmental policy, they’ve been successfully managing these conditions for thousands of years. But no, let’s have highly flammable hedges in the cities, so that little teenage arsonists can cause a disaster every summer, ugh.

Absolutely heartbreaking. I follow adriansteirn and paulnicklen on Instagram both extremely talented wildlife photographers. They have listed websites for anyone that is able to donate. The photos just finished me off so be warned.

Unfortunately our government listened more to global warming activists instead of indiginious Australians and refused to do any back burning and controlled bush fires, which could have prevented this tragedy.
Having said that, it's been so dry for so long, that the conditions for fires is perfect. We desperately need rain (we had some on Christmas day in the sunshine coast, was beautiful). Unfortunately though it's just so hot and dry and we are getting many dry storms, so the lightning from those is causing many of the fires too....as well as bloody arsonists (it was teenage arsonists who'd caused the fires in noosa near where I am).
Our PM is as much use as a chocolate teapot, even now he's still trying to save face like he's on a wild PR promotion rather than help. Thankfully other countries are sending their fire fighters to help us, because lord knows what'd happen otherwise. And the amazing generosity from across the world has bought many of us Aussies to tears. We can never thank you enough ♥
Where I am, we aren't even suffering direct impact from the fires, but seeing what is happening further south is devastating. I feel so inferior and helpless. I just want to open up my home to the people and the animals.

But honestly, for all of you donating, raising awareness or even just having Australia in your thoughts, we do thank you. It's currently 4.30am on Sunday morning, I'm watching the news as am having bad Braxton Hicks (or is this real labour?!?) and our news reporters are crying live on air because of the overwhelming generosity of the gorgeous people in the world who hold our country in their thoughts ♥

Reactions: 10
Unfortunately our government listened more to global warming activists instead of indiginious Australians and refused to do any back burning and controlled bush fires, which could have prevented this tragedy.
Having said that, it's been so dry for so long, that the conditions for fires is perfect. We desperately need rain (we had some on Christmas day in the sunshine coast, was beautiful). Unfortunately though it's just so hot and dry and we are getting many dry storms, so the lightning from those is causing many of the fires too....as well as bloody arsonists (it was teenage arsonists who'd caused the fires in noosa near where I am).
Our PM is as much use as a chocolate teapot, even now he's still trying to save face like he's on a wild PR promotion rather than help. Thankfully other countries are sending their fire fighters to help us, because lord knows what'd happen otherwise. And the amazing generosity from across the world has bought many of us Aussies to tears. We can never thank you enough ♥
Where I am, we aren't even suffering direct impact from the fires, but seeing what is happening further south is devastating. I feel so inferior and helpless. I just want to open up my home to the people and the animals.

But honestly, for all of you donating, raising awareness or even just having Australia in your thoughts, we do thank you. It's currently 4.30am on Sunday morning, I'm watching the news as am having bad Braxton Hicks (or is this real labour?!?) and our news reporters are crying live on air because of the overwhelming generosity of the gorgeous people in the world who hold our country in their thoughts ♥
I hope you and your baby are doing well and staying safe, Sandra, and that the rain comes soon ❤💧☔

• Heart

I also live on the Sunshine Coast! What a crazy small world!

The fires are horrific and don’t even get me started on the prime minister! Terrifying to imagine how much worse it can still get, it’s just so dry.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I also live on the Sunshine Coast! What a crazy small world!

The fires are horrific and don’t even get me started on the prime minister! Terrifying to imagine how much worse it can still get, it’s just so dry.
Fellow local tattler ♥ this has made me happy!
Hopefully we will get some more rain soon. The stuff we had at Christmas was a god send but we definitely need more hey XX

Fellow local tattler ♥ this has made me happy!
Hopefully we will get some more rain soon. The stuff we had at Christmas was a god send but we definitely need more hey XX
I was back home in England for 3 weeks over Christmas so I missed the rain here, but I honestly can’t remember the last proper rain we had. The bit of hailstone (or rather large, depending on how you look at it) that hit in December is the last bit of ‘rain’ that I remember! My phones telling me that in Aroona we have a 50% chance of rain from 1am-9am tomorrow, so fingers crossed!!

If there’s one thing that I’ve learnt from these bushfires, it’s that Aussies really do come together when they need too!! I’ve never seen more positive fund raising from a community, I’ve seen various donation collections that have reached over $1,000,000, with some reaching over $10million!! Seeing as the government and ScoMo aren’t doing anything (having a country that’s ran by climate change deniers is a recipe for disaster), it’s good to see that the people of Australia are!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Oh Sandra this is so emotional.... please stay safe and I wish you all the very best with your labour and wee baby. Good luck 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 1