Asian Skincare

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't see another thread for this topic, so I started one. I really wanted to be able to chat to others about this because other places like Reddit are so restrictive about what you can and can't ask in a particular thread and it gets a bit much.

I've hit 30 recently and I'm reevaluating my skincare, which has never really been that good except for in my early 20's. My skin has had so many changes and ends up SO dry, but it also won't absorb many moisturizers even after exfoliating. The only things that have helped me are cold creams.

Sooooo, I'll start off by asking if anyone is into any Asian skincare brands and their cleansing balms? I see the Banila Co. one has hundreds of reviews, and is really popular on YesStyle and SokoGlam, and then there's the Then I Met You one. I've also been extremely interested in the I'm From Fig CB.

I'm also really interested in trying out Soon Jung products, as I like that they seem scent free and don't have any odd ingredients that might cause reactions.

Another thing that intrigues me are centella based moisturizers, but I can't seem to find one that isn't super oily and thick/ never soaks in.

I break out really easily and so I'm a little worried to order something and not even be able to use it, though. So does anybody have any experiences with any of these?

Please share your experiences :)

The only one I have any experience in using is Tatcha (Japanese) which is amazing but very pricey where I am. I received a tiny little jar of night cream that lasted for about three nights, and my skin lapped it up (as it always does with new products).

I have heard younger friends rave about South Korean brands (sorry, can't recall which ones).

If you are keen to try a couple of different brands, I'd suggest you buy kits containing travel sizes (or, if you can find a beauty therapist who uses the products, book in for a facial and ask them to write down what they use on you - wait and see how you feel a couple of days after your facial before buying them). I wouldn't buy just based on others' recommendations - even if a reviewer sounds as if they have the same skin type and complaints as you, there's no guarantee you'll get the same results.

Reactions: 1
I use loads and buy from eBay. Favourite brands are hada Labo, COSRX, Banilla.
there are also a few more independent bloggers out there like Snow White and the Asian Pear who havegood info.

• Heart
The only one I have any experience in using is Tatcha (Japanese) which is amazing but very pricey where I am. I received a tiny little jar of night cream that lasted for about three nights, and my skin lapped it up (as it always does with new products).

I have heard younger friends rave about South Korean brands (sorry, can't recall which ones).

If you are keen to try a couple of different brands, I'd suggest you buy kits containing travel sizes (or, if you can find a beauty therapist who uses the products, book in for a facial and ask them to write down what they use on you - wait and see how you feel a couple of days after your facial before buying them). I wouldn't buy just based on others' recommendations - even if a reviewer sounds as if they have the same skin type and complaints as you, there's no guarantee you'll get the same results.
Yesss! Thank you, I didn't think about booking someone to try. I feel the same way about peoples' recommendations or rave reviews. I have fallen for it before thinking it sounds like my exact skin type and I've still had issues. Very good mention.

I use loads and buy from eBay. Favourite brands are hada Labo, COSRX, Banilla.
there are also a few more independent bloggers out there like Snow White and the Asian Pear who havegood info.
What region are you in? I just wondered if they all had to ship from a specific country or region from ebay and how long it usually takes?

thanks!

If you're in the UK I highly recommend PureSeoul for Korean skincare and make up: free and fast delivery over £30 and you always get a few free samples. I've used one Soon Jung product (a foam cleanser) and it's good but nothing to write home about. It is unscented and doesn't strip my skin but I feel like I have to use a lot of product to get a good wash.

• Heart
Have you guys tried etude house? They do an amazing cleanser which I love. Leaves my skin feeling so clean

If you're in the UK I highly recommend PureSeoul for Korean skincare and make up: free and fast delivery over £30 and you always get a few free samples. I've used one Soon Jung product (a foam cleanser) and it's good but nothing to write home about. It is unscented and doesn't strip my skin but I feel like I have to use a lot of product to get a good wash.
Ahhh thanks for this input because I was just about to order that foam ( whip?) cleanser but I might continue to think it over. Are there any other kskincare cleansers that have worked for you without stripping?

Have you guys tried etude house? They do an amazing cleanser which I love. Leaves my skin feeling so clean
Is it the whip/ foam cleanser?? I was really debating on that one. Also their 2x barrier cream and gel and cica balm really intrigue me.

Reactions: 2
Ahhh thanks for this input because I was just about to order that foam ( whip?) cleanser but I might continue to think it over. Are there any other kskincare cleansers that have worked for you without stripping?

Is it the whip/ foam cleanser?? I was really debating on that one. Also their 2x barrier cream and gel and cica balm really intrigue me.
it is this one! It turns into a nice consistency, I can’t explain it 😂 I have dry skin so cleansers often leave me feeling “stripped” but this one just leaves me feeling so clean

Attachments

it is this one! It turns into a nice consistency, I can’t explain it 😂 I have dry skin so cleansers often leave me feeling “stripped” but this one just leaves me feeling so clean
omg! never seen this one, thank you so much!!

• Heart
That was the first one I've tried sorry! 😅 My favourite gel/foam cleanser I've used is Glossier's milky jelly. I love trying out new products though, it's fun.

Reactions: 2