Ashley James

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her recent story about her boobs, I honestly don’t get her at all. No one, I repeat, NO ONE gives a tit about your boobs Ashley. You are the one choosing to post them knowing you have creeps following you. Make a private story to share Alf and your breastfeeding journey on where you can control and sensor who sees this content if you don’t like the result but YOU are the one posting your boobs now, because in your own words you like how they look today. That is fine but you are posting that for validation on Instagram. If you go looking for that kind of validation and praise, there’s likely going to be other comments thrown in there too, it’s not ideal but it’s reality. Society doesn’t place shame on breastfeeding, if you’re feeling shamed then maybe look at your own intentions? No one wants your baby to go hungry, yes you absolutely should feed him in the way that suits you and him best. But the constant ‘look at me breastfeeding’ stuff is what irks people. It’s something a lot of mothers do and they manage not to make it sexual and not to make such a show of it. I can safely say I’ve probably walked past breastfeeding mothers in public and not actually noticed what they’re doing, but Ashley has to sit and video every part of it and make an argument out of nothing? Why? If she were bottle feeding or he was completely weaned would she video every second of his mealtimes? Not being horrible but as long as he’s fed and happy no one really cares??

• Heart
Reactions: 26
All that farting about to show us what she is packing for a picnic when it was really just an ad for the bag 🙄

Also, just reminding you all in case you forgot, Ashley *exclusively* breastfeeds....

Reactions: 10
I went for a walk around the local park with a friend (both have babies) and I saw a women ahead breastfeeding her 2 year old on a bench quite openly. Carried on chatting to friend and started to walk past her and could sense this women looking in our direction so I glanced back at her and the toddler had detached and her whole boob and nipple was on show and she was looking as if to say cmon say something to me. Pretty uncomfortable really. That’s what Ashley’s like these people don’t want to ‘just feed their babies’ they want to cause a show and be provocative about it all

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I went for a walk around the local park with a friend (both have babies) and I saw a women ahead breastfeeding her 2 year old on a bench quite openly. Carried on chatting to friend and started to walk past her and could sense this women looking in our direction so I glanced back at her and the toddler had detached and her whole boob and nipple was on show and she was looking as if to say cmon say something to me. Pretty uncomfortable really. That’s what Ashley’s like these people don’t want to ‘just feed their babies’ they want to cause a show and be provocative about it all
Can I just say we’re not all like Ashley. I get so stressed about feeding in public because of reactions like this but I do everything in my power to be discreet. I certainly wouldn’t let my baby unlatch and just sit there like that. I’d cover myself or put my boob away. Oddly I also haven’t shared any photos of me breastfeeding on my social media because it’s my business how I feed my baby. Initially I thought Ashley was great about making breastfeeding more normal and understood but she’s taken it too far now and I’m usually cringing at how much she shows and making it seem like breastfeeding is to cause men to look or make others feel uncomfortable 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can I just say we’re not all like Ashley. I get so stressed about feeding in public because of reactions like this but I do everything in my power to be discreet. I certainly wouldn’t let my baby unlatch and just sit there like that. I’d cover myself or put my boob away. Oddly I also haven’t shared any photos of me breastfeeding on my social media because it’s my business how I feed my baby. Initially I thought Ashley was great about making breastfeeding more normal and understood but she’s taken it too far now and I’m usually cringing at how much she shows and making it seem like breastfeeding is to cause men to look or make others feel uncomfortable 😔
Absolutely agree with you here. I’ve had to feed in public but always try my best to cover up as much as possible. Most people don’t make eye contact but I’ve had a few supportive smiles from other mums and older women. It’s not to be provocative (e.g. today I didn’t expect to need to feed in the park as baby had fed well just before we left home) but sometimes it’s necessary. And TBH, mums need to get out of the house sometimes!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And now the buggy running - 6 months isn’t just about her. All the advice on this is 6 months of age for the baby too - before that they do not have the neck control to be sufficient that it isn’t advised to run with them.....

Reactions: 4
Her recent story about her boobs, I honestly don’t get her at all. No one, I repeat, NO ONE gives a tit about your boobs Ashley. You are the one choosing to post them knowing you have creeps following you. Make a private story to share Alf and your breastfeeding journey on where you can control and sensor who sees this content if you don’t like the result but YOU are the one posting your boobs now, because in your own words you like how they look today. That is fine but you are posting that for validation on Instagram. If you go looking for that kind of validation and praise, there’s likely going to be other comments thrown in there too, it’s not ideal but it’s reality. Society doesn’t place shame on breastfeeding, if you’re feeling shamed then maybe look at your own intentions? No one wants your baby to go hungry, yes you absolutely should feed him in the way that suits you and him best. But the constant ‘look at me breastfeeding’ stuff is what irks people. It’s something a lot of mothers do and they manage not to make it sexual and not to make such a show of it. I can safely say I’ve probably walked past breastfeeding mothers in public and not actually noticed what they’re doing, but Ashley has to sit and video every part of it and make an argument out of nothing? Why? If she were bottle feeding or he was completely weaned would she video every second of his mealtimes? Not being horrible but as long as he’s fed and happy no one really cares??
This 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.