Asha Pinder - the woman who faked having terminal cancer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have we talked about her yet what the hell was that all about from having a huge following attending events, ads, gifted, friends with insta royalty and the whole time she was conning her family and faking cancer?!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
She is In prison for her wrong doi gs. I fe sorry for her grandparents and what she did to them was shocking and horrid.

I missed most of this whole story. I just saw the aftermath of other bloggers all saying how shocked they were etc.

What did actually happen?

I missed most of this whole story. I just saw the aftermath of other bloggers all saying how shocked they were etc.

What did actually happen?
She duped and conned her friends and family and left her grandparents stranded abroad and penniless, those poor people have nothing left to enjoy their retirement, are I’m sure are left feeling betrayed and heartbroken

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Typical mum blogger started getting bigger and more popular attending the channel mum events meeting big names etc. Basically played everyone faking cancer writing goodbye letters to her two year old son. Obviously whole insta community rallying raised money, the skin care guru Caroline hirons met up with her as that was one of Asha's bucket list wishes. Worst thing was the friends she lied to she'd become very good friends with several fairly popular insta mums and they totally believed her and thought their friend was dying was just sick. I'm surprised this has been moved to general chat as she was a big name with a big following and was doing #ads etc! Also someone gifted her a vintage Chanel scarf for her bald head ( obviously shaved it herself) it was just the most revolting thing playing out for all to see. If you look at her name hashtag on insta you can find her so called apology

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Interesting thread. Whenever she was mentioned on MN, you’d get posters saying we should feel sorry for her because she was obviously mentally ill. Personally, I didn’t. It’s takes a particular kind of scumbag to lie about something like this and I hadn’t realised she’d conned money out of her GP’s. She’s despicable.

Reactions: 7

To be fair, I wasn’t happy to slate her potential mental state initially, having family members that have been very unwell. But the court case is pretty damming.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yeah, there’s being a compulsive liar (a recognised mental condition, according to her ‘apology’) and then there’s conning your grandparents out of £130k. I think she actually came on the MN threads at one point too. She’s got some front, I’ll give her that. I think the MN threads were too busy condemning her friend, Natasha Baillie (?), who’d been Bff’s with her, but then dropped her like a stone once she found out about the lies (can’t blame her for that, tbh). Out of the two, I think Asha was by far the worst.
Talking about mental health on Mumsnet is a strange thing. Some posters will excuse any behaviour if someone claims to mentally ill.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, there’s being a compulsive liar (a recognised mental condition, according to her ‘apology’) and then there’s conning your grandparents out of £130k. I think she actually came on the MN threads at one point too. She’s got some front, I’ll give her that. I think the MN threads were too busy condemning her friend, Natasha Baillie (?), who’d been Bff’s with her, but then dropped her like a stone once she found out about the lies (can’t blame her for that, tbh). Out of the two, I think Asha was by far the worst.
Talking about mental health on Mumsnet is a strange thing. Some posters will excuse any behaviour if someone claims to mentally ill.
It’s so difficult with mental health though, I’ve personally really suffered and others have not been aware (suicidal) so I tend to err on the side of caution.

It’s so difficult with mental health though, I’ve personally really suffered and others have not been aware (suicidal) so I tend to err on the side of caution.
Oh I totally agree and I’m sorry that you’ve been through that. I just think it’s easy for someone like Asha to jump on it and use it as an excuse for crappy behaviour. Just like cancer, it immediately elicits a sympathetic response which I don’t think she deserved. And again, just like cancer, it makes a mockery of someone who’s really suffering.

Reactions: 6
Oh I totally agree and I’m sorry that you’ve been through that. I just think it’s easy for someone like Asha to jump on it and use it as an excuse for crappy behaviour. Just like cancer, it immediately elicits a sympathetic response which I don’t think she deserved. And again, just like cancer, it makes a mockery of someone who’s really suffering.
Yeah I wasn’t trying to get sympathy, it is what it is. But I think people with real mental health problems can, not be noticed or taken seriously.
Asha seems to have been a complete twit though.

Reactions: 3
how absolutely disgusting, I'm glad she had to account for her awful crimes. I WISH my nan was still alive, and to know she treated her grandparents like that is awful. Never trusted her or her story either.

I genuinely felt so sorry for her when she came forward a year later all apologetic and blaming it on her mental health. Then the court case happened and I realised what a manipulative, evil cow she is and once again she’d sucked everyone in. I live with mental health issues every day and I personally felt like it was a cop out for her to use that and totally unfair on people who do suffer from it. Not once have I shaved my own head and claimed cancer. She’s right where she deserves to be!

Reactions: 14
I genuinely felt so sorry for her when she came forward a year later all apologetic and blaming it on her mental health. Then the court case happened and I realised what a manipulative, evil cow she is and once again she’d sucked everyone in. I live with mental health issues every day and I personally felt like it was a cop out for her to use that and totally unfair on people who do suffer from it. Not once have I shaved my own head and claimed cancer. She’s right where she deserves to be!
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I feel sorry for her young son and hope he's doing okay. Also she was telling us he had autism and now I wonder if that was true. 😕

I forgot all about this. Whatever came of the court case then? Mental health or no mental health, you still know right from wrong surely and not to steal from your own family whilst pretending to be dying from a cruel disease which has effected so many. The fact she shaved her own head just proves how invested she was in the lie

Reactions: 1
I forgot all about this. Whatever came of the court case then? Mental health or no mental health, you still know right from wrong surely and not to steal from your own family whilst pretending to be dying from a cruel disease which has effected so many. The fact she shaved her own head just proves how invested she was in the lie
She got a few years in prison, it’s her son I feel sorry for, he must have no idea what’s going on the poor little thing

Reactions: 1
She got a few years in prison, it’s her son I feel sorry for, he must have no idea what’s going on the poor little thing
Probably better off without her though surely? Hopefully he’s with family who can teach him some morals