Ash Mama Reid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm new, and noticed there's no thread for Ash/mama reid.

I've been watching her for a while, but lately there was just something I couldn't put my finger on about her that was putting me off...
Anyone else?

Also, if anyone knows where her curtains and blinds were really from I'd be very grateful ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Yes! 100% been following her from the start thought she was a down to earth Glasgow girl like my self? but coming across very very try hard, all the smokey eye every day is too much, her style and taste is very tacky! What definitely turned me off we’re the sneaky discounted or gifted house items for her new home she did not declare! Also she shops at primark but is supporting a Canada goose jacket and a prada bag??? second thing I find a major turn off, she treats her little girl like a dress up doll!! And not in a good way! Her kids are constantly eating junk! All she does is pap them infront of films all day. So that she can go get pampered or keep her house insta worthy she doesn’t just let them be kids or really do kid related activities with them

Reactions: 6
Yes! You've just summed up what I've been thinking but put it more eloquently than I could!

Also, when she was having a mini rant about people slagging her off for letting Ella have a double bed...
All I could think was, i don't think it's about the double bed? The kids rooms don't look like kids rooms ifyswim? Where's the princess/superhero tat? Don't they ask for Pikachu or Shopkins bedding like mine do? It's like the kids aren't allowed to just be kids ? And what bloody washing powder does she use, honestly, she should have a #daz sponsorship for how white the kids clothes are. Do they not get dirty?

Reactions: 5
Herself and her children are immaculate! There have been parts of her channel and instgram that Iike buy because we're just fundamentally very different I don't relate to lots of it. So I really like how much she talks to her children. That sounds so obvious but I really notice it with her and they both seem to be great little talkers. But then I'm not on the same page with the clothing side of her. I love her cleaning routines and organisation and how some of the past videos were a bit creative and crafty, but then I don't share her interior design style so I've not been watching so much recently whilst she's getting their new home ready.

I agree something has seemed different I recent months but I guess she has had a lot on (wedding and move) plus I think they had some sadness too in the family?

She did some cookery ideas on insta stories recently that were good. Hope she does more and doesn't get sucked into the pressure of being pristine and glossy all the time ?

Reactions: 2
I think at the start she was great you could tell she was just genuinely just being her self! I don’t know if any you are local to Glasgow but I think there’s a certain social scene she is trying desperately hard to break in to and trying very hard to copy

Reactions: 3
Yes, I subscribed because I liked her cleaning and organisation videos, she actually had some good cleaning tips.
I've never really noticed how much she talks to the kids, but now that you mention it I suppose she does. Definitely more than Mrs M who gets annoyed at hers and rolls her eyes and tries to shuffle them off ?

Reactions: 1
@Shaza78 not local I'm afraid. What sort of scene do you think? Golf clubs and scones, or the new money type of scene?

Also, does anyone know what her husband does for work? I don't think I've ever caught what his job is and I'm curious/nosey....

I really like Ash. I think that she is hugely relatable and very down to earth. She has such a lovely, normal relationship with her kids and shows that its not all insta-perfect without in any way embarrassing them. I agree, she talks to them loads and in a way that seems totally genuine.

She almost seems embarrassed by the haul videos lately and there is no need to be at all, I like seeing her decorate the house etc. Its good to see her out and about actually buying things, in contrast to some of the others who seem to blag everything. I think thats why the Remnant Kings #AD jarred a bit with me - because it was not the norm for her and it was waaaaay too gushy!

@Shaza78 I live in Glasgow, but not sure of what scene?! Just curious!

Hey! I've recently been following the Mrs Meldrum thread and saw you started one for Ash. I can't warm to her at all. The remnant kings thing was very cringe. She has lively kids and seems to be a fab mum but there's just.... something! I really can't relate to wanting to put your life on the internet!!!

See, I think she is relatable in some ways, like when the little one has a melt down, she mentions it (I think that she left the swimming baths with him because he was over tired?) And I think "thank God she deals with this too!" Most YT'ers just pretend their little ones are perfect all the time.
Completely agree about remnant kings, I was quite disappointed as thought she usually does ads quite well, and she never actually mentioned they were gifted to her until that last video. If she'd just said from the start, I don't think anyone would have minded so much. But she didn't, and they came across quite cheesy and in your face, which is quite unusual for Ash.

Does anyone think all these insta stories getting facials and treatments at lips and lifts are gifted or discounted for promotion? Just curious to know as a vlogger who posted on the Mrs M thread said that the only motivation to heavily promote co
I really like Ash. I think that she is hugely relatable and very down to earth. She has such a lovely, normal relationship with her kids and shows that its not all insta-perfect without in any way embarrassing them. I agree, she talks to them loads and in a way that seems totally genuine.

She almost seems embarrassed by the haul videos lately and there is no need to be at all, I like seeing her decorate the house etc. Its good to see her out and about actually buying things, in contrast to some of the others who seem to blag everything. I think thats why the Remnant Kings #AD jarred a bit with me - because it was not the norm for her and it was waaaaay too gushy!

@Shaza78 I live in Glasgow, but not sure of what scene?! Just curious!
If she feels embarrassed then why post it? Think of some original content that you feel completely comfortable and confident posting. The sofa also I think was maybe not completely gifted but definitely some sort of discount for promotion arrangement.

I found her channel during her moving vlogs and enjoyed watching her home come together etc. But the undisclosed Remnant Kings ad was outrageous and insulting to her viewers, she uploaded a video about 20 mins long showing the many pairs of curtains being installed and never once mentioned the fact they were gifted and specifically stated in the description box that the video was not sponsored. At a guess I'd say the retail value of her gift had to be worth a least a few thousand pounds and RK certainly got significant airtime on her channel, how can she possibly claim that is not a sponsorship/ad??

Also she seemed to do a lot of her new home shopping at Matalan, at the very same time lots of other CMs were doing ads or had received gift vouchers from Matalan. Coincidence or another undisclosed gift?

Reactions: 6
I found her channel during her moving vlogs and enjoyed watching her home come together etc. But the undisclosed Remnant Kings ad was outrageous and insulting to her viewers, she uploaded a video about 20 mins long showing the many pairs of curtains being installed and never once mentioned the fact they were gifted and specifically stated in the description box that the video was not sponsored. At a guess I'd say the retail value of her gift had to be worth a least a few thousand pounds and RK certainly got significant airtime on her channel, how can she possibly claim that is not a sponsorship/ad??

Also she seemed to do a lot of her new home shopping at Matalan, at the very same time lots of other CMs were doing ads or had received gift vouchers from Matalan. Coincidence or another undisclosed gift?
Yep the curtain thing made me unsubscribe an unfollow, as previous to the actual house move she done a vlog where they all went in to the remnant King shop to choose fabrics and was talking about how great there service was and how they come to your house to measure up. At that point she did not mention once she was infact promoting the business, it was all done in vlog style to make it look as if oh hey we just popped in to look at a few bits.

I feel she’s very shallow & materialistic, it’s all about image with her.
She’s obsessed with her looks. Apparently she’s only 25 but has had tooth veneers, face peels, lip fillers & possibly Botox. And her hair at the monent - wtf is that top bun with the sides hanging down?!
Queen of Remnant Kings!

Reactions: 4
I can't believe she's only 25?! I thought she was my age...29. She's a very pretty girl, but speaking as someone who's in the beauty industry, I hope she doesn't go over the top with fillers and Botox. Botox just isn't necessary for cosmetic reasons until at least 30/35.

I thought she was older as well. A very pretty and well looked after older but older as in early 30’s.

She does seem to have a a lovely lifestyle and the new house is nice. Have to admit I could get quite envious of the beauty rooms/offices. I’d love to have space for all my make up and accessories and stationery but have to make do with sharing a cramped bedroom and wardrobe space with my other half.

Can't watch her vids because of her accent. She has the most gorgeous kids Ive ever seen though

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.