Ariana Grande

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I saw that a couple of 20 second snippets leaked, not the whole thing (because I was looking to see why the fans were going crazy)
The entire songs leaked a few hours ago. If you search “Ariana grande album leak” you should be able to find it.

The entire songs leaked a few hours ago. If you search “Ariana grande album leak” you should be able to find it.
Aah thanks! I was looking this morning. Where abouts did you look cos I was looking on twitter and the fans were just spamming with the word leak so it was hard to find anything

Aah thanks! I was looking this morning. Where abouts did you look cos I was looking on twitter and the fans were just spamming with the word leak so it was hard to find anything
It should be the top link if you search that. I listened to the first three songs in full then skimmed through the rest. I’ve seen mixed opinions but I actually think it’s a solid album. Definitely not my favourite but also not the weakest in her discography. Out of the collabs the one with Doja is my favourite. I’d say the only skippable song is Shut Up.

I can see stan twitter trying to cancel her for the Nasty intro though.

It should be the top link if you search that. I listened to the first three songs in full then skimmed through the rest. I’ve seen mixed opinions but I actually think it’s a solid album. Definitely not my favourite but also not the weakest in her discography. Out of the collabs the one with Doja is my favourite. I’d say the only skippable song is Shut Up.

I can see stan twitter trying to cancel her for the Nasty intro though.
Ive listened now. Urrrm yeh not that impressed. Ill probably listen to my hair, pov and love language again. Positions definitely the best on the album imo.

"Positions" isn't a good lead, that background sound throughout is like a cross between a cicada and a siren. Unlistenable for me with headphones.

Even "focus" with the Samsung #AD wigs and fuh fuh focus on me was a better lead.

But the album will probably be good, as they always have been.

Reactions: 2
"Positions" isn't a good lead, that background sound throughout is like a cross between a cicada and a siren. Unlistenable for me with headphones.

Even "focus" with the Samsung #AD wigs and fuh fuh focus on me was a better lead.

But the album will probably be good, as they always have been.
Lol I can’t stand it when music videos have ads in them!

Having listened to the album a few times now, I’d say positions is the obvious lead. I’m interested to see if you and any others on the thread think there’s a track on there that could’ve worked better when you listen to the album. Positions has the most commercial appeal I think.

Lol I can’t stand it when music videos have ads in them!
They were pretty bad a few years ago, a bit of product placement is fine but when they go way overboard on showing the brand it doesn't really help sell and the artist looks grubby.

At least avril's team got her to parody it with her "oh my new sony phone" rock n roll video after years of her videos shamlesslly plugging brand after brand :LOL:

1603889913145.png

1603890004781.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They were pretty bad a few years ago, a bit of product placement is fine but when they go way overboard on showing the brand it doesn't really help sell and the artist looks grubby.

At least avril's team got her to parody it with her "oh my new sony phone" rock n roll video after years of her videos shamlesslly plugging brand after brand :LOL:

View attachment 291004

View attachment 291007

Hahaha id never seen that Avril one.

This is the absolute worst for me!

Attachments

• Haha
What does everyone think of the collabs? I find it interesting that most people seem to like the Ty one the most out of the three when I thought it was a snooze fest lmao. The collab with The Weeknd was pretty underwhelming imo too, especially given how good their first collab was 😕

Reactions: 4
I feel so out of the loop, I can never bring myself to listen to leaks and I’ve pre-ordered the *CD*!! 😆. Sounds like the overall first impression isn’t too bad though.*
When Sweetener first came out I actually didn’t love it straight away (other than the singles), it was only through repeated listens that it all sunk in. Now it’s one of my all time favourite albums. Its like a comfort blanket to me.

Speaking of lead singles, what do you guys think was her best/strongest? My favourite was No Tears Left To Cry, it was an instant wow-moment for me. But I think her strongest so far was Thank U Next, the timing, the lyrics, the video, it just had such a big cultural impact!

*ETA I posted this before I saw your comment @whatstheteab , maybe more like “mixed reviews”! 🤣

Last edited:
What does everyone think of the collabs? I find it interesting that most people seem to like the Ty one the most out of the three when I thought it was a snooze fest lmao. The collab with The Weeknd was pretty underwhelming imo too, especially given how good their first collab was 😕
Me too! I don’t understand why people think the Ty one in particular is so good. It’s just boring to me, but I don’t listen to any of the artists that she collab’d with so I’m not the best judge. I guess I’d choose the Doja one, but even that isn’t amazing. Tbh I don’t like many of her collabs from the last couple of years - rain on me is the exception!

I feel so out of the loop, I can never bring myself to listen to leaks and I’ve pre-ordered the *CD*!! 😆. Sounds like the overall first impression isn’t too bad though.*
When Sweetener first came out I actually didn’t love it straight away (other than the singles), it was only through repeated listens that it all sunk in. Now it’s one of my all time favourite albums. Its like a comfort blanket to me.

Speaking of lead singles, what do you guys think was her best/strongest? My favourite was No Tears Left To Cry, it was an instant wow-moment for me. But I think her strongest so far was Thank U Next, the timing, the lyrics, the video, it just had such a big cult impact!

*ETA I posted this before I saw your comment @whatstheteab , maybe more like “mixed reviews”! 🤣
I will have to try sweetener again. I got pretty bored when I first heard it and thought tracks like the light is coming were just not my style. The ones I listen to all the time are TUN and my everything.

Agree with you on NTLTC and TUN as the best leads. I do think 7 rings is a better song (though it has its problems), but the whole TUN roll out and video were perfect. That album is a banger!

I will have to try sweetener again. I got pretty bored when I first heard it and thought tracks like the light is coming were just not my style. The ones I listen to all the time are TUN and my everything.
I’d recommend it, it’s such a nice feeling when an album grows on you. Honestly I was underwhelmed when I first heard it, but it’s like a different album to my ears now. Imo it works so well as a full album, it’s kind of like an emotional rollercoaster. I’ve caught myself trying not to cry in public when to Breathin comes on, but then with NTLTC straight after it’s feels it picks you up again!

My Everything is such a classic! So much variety of pop bangers and r&b gems. I LOVE Only 1. TUN is just something else, in a good way! Another emotional rollercoaster, the fun songs are such highs and the emotional tracks are truly devastating. And yes, 7 Rings was such a *moment*!!

btw, I’m sorry for rambling so much, but I’m really glad this thread is here. I always feel like I’m so much older than her typical fans, so I never usually get involved in the fandom or have a chance to chat about her music with other people!

Reactions: 3
I’d recommend it, it’s such a nice feeling when an album grows on you. Honestly I was underwhelmed when I first heard it, but it’s like a different album to my ears now. Imo it works so well as a full album, it’s kind of like an emotional rollercoaster. I’ve caught myself trying not to cry in public when to Breathin comes on, but then with NTLTC straight after it’s feels it picks you up again!

My Everything is such a classic! So much variety of pop bangers and r&b gems. I LOVE Only 1. TUN is just something else, in a good way! Another emotional rollercoaster, the fun songs are such highs and the emotional tracks are truly devastating. And yes, 7 Rings was such a *moment*!!

btw, I’m sorry for rambling so much, but I’m really glad this thread is here. I always feel like I’m so much older than her typical fans, so I never usually get involved in the fandom or have a chance to chat about her music with other people!
I'm listening to it now :) I'll probably enjoy iy more this time cos I know more of the songs from 'k, bye for now'. I need to try DW again too. And please keep rambling, I feel the same way. The twitter fandom is crazy everytime I look on there!

• Heart

Speaking of lead singles, what do you guys think was her best/strongest? My favourite was No Tears Left To Cry, it was an instant wow-moment for me. But I think her strongest so far was Thank U Next, the timing, the lyrics, the video, it just had such a big cultural impact!

I totally feel you on not loving Sweetener at first. It wasn’t until I listened a few times that I actually started to appreciate it. It truly has aged like fine wine. I’m just worried that because Sweetener was so good, she might not be able to top it but then again everyone said the same about Dangerous Woman.

• Heart
Ok having listened to positions again today, it’s definitely a grower. I had it on while I was working and I did really get into it, and have some of the songs in my head now.

Once the lyrics come out and I can actually understand what she’s saying, I think I’ll really enjoy it as background music.

Not sure there’ll be many songs I specifically play, but as an album it works.

Her enunciation is so bad in this song, I can’t make a word of what she’s saying. Definitely her weakest lead single.
Too many Ari songs sound like a drunk girl singing but not knowing the words 🙈
“Dah dah dahdahhh dah dah POSITIONS something something FOR YOU
FOR YOUUUUUUU”