Are we allowed to make spin off off topic threads?

Hey Mods,

I’ve just created a thread for off topic chat for the users that frequent the MOD/FOD thread as we’re dying of boredom during covid and don’t want to continuously derail that one from the topic, obviously anyone else would be more than welcome, but it got merged into another already active thread (suspect cos I called it chit chat and that was in the title of the other one?)

Are we allowed to make off topic side rooms from main threads? I don’t want to make another and break any rules

Thank you for any advice x

admin

Tattle Staff
Staff member
Hi,

There were two threads in off topic both with almost the same name of "chit chat" so they were merged. Otherwise might get quite confusing.

It sounds like you're asking for a chat thread as a sub thread from other ones? I'm not quite sure how to implement that well, but open to ideas. Let me have a think.

Hey Admin,

Thank you for replying! Yeah I appreciate why they were merged, it felt unfair to take over their thread with 20+ of us coming over from MOD. Also, their thread is a spin off of covid 19 and in the nicest way possible I’m keen to avoid any covid chat 😂

Would I be allowed to just call it something like MOD side room and put it in there? Obviously anyone / everyone would be welcome to join us it’s not an exclusive splinter cell of tattle, but it just clearly marks us some space?

Thank you for thinking about it, mega appreciated x

admin

Tattle Staff
Staff member
Hey,

That other chat thread should be covid free, I think the point of it was to stop the non covid posts. So maybe it needs stuff moving if it's talking about covid.

Yeah I get what you're saying but at the same time it could get a bit cliquey if there are lots of side threads, so I'm really not sure.

Could you try to use the chit chat one and if that doesn't' work move to a new one? I'm sure once people get over the acronyms tattlers will all be happy to join each other. And if that doesn't work we could set up a new one? Just a bit hard to clearly define what each thread would be without looking uninviting 🤔

Danielle1

Hey,

That other chat thread should be covid free, I think the point of it was to stop the non covid posts. So maybe it needs stuff moving if it's talking about covid.

Yeah I get what you're saying but at the same time it could get a bit cliquey if there are lots of side threads, so I'm really not sure.

Could you try to use the chit chat one and if that doesn't' work move to a new one? I'm sure once people get over the acronyms tattlers will all be happy to join each other. And if that doesn't work we could set up a new one? Just a bit hard to clearly define what each thread would be without looking uninviting 🤔
Hey just thought I'd say I made the chit chat one and yes it is covid free. Its suppposed to be general chat for anything that doesn't fit into other threads but obviously people do mention that were in lockdown etc cos it's a big part of everyone's life right now and it's for everyone on tattle to post on it think people were just a bit confused when the threads were merged x

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. Please disable your adblocker for tattle

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks