Are tumble dryers a good investment?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks all for the comments and answers! We’ve gone for a condenser one which is arriving next week. I didn’t think I was that bothered but I am actually quite excited about having one now 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wouldn’t be without mine. Use it all the time. I dry outside when weather allows but that’s more so to do my part environmentally. Anything that can be tumble dried is.

Thanks all for the comments and answers! We’ve gone for a condenser one which is arriving next week. I didn’t think I was that bothered but I am actually quite excited about having one now 😆
I’ve recently bought a condenser tumble drier myself (never had a dryer before) and it is already proving to be a godsend. I like to get washing out on the line as much as possible but when you’re living in Scotland there isn’t much chance for that throughout the year. I hate having damp clothes hanging over radiators or airers as our house is not the most spacious.

This is what i plan to do, i am hoping to invest in a tumble dryer next month and aim to use it purely to finish off the clothes after being outside🥰 I am very intrigued as to the dog hair comment, we have a German Shepherd so i feel your pain 🙈 does it really work and where does the hair go? Thanks x
There's a little filter thing you empty occasionally which is where all the lint, pet hair and human hair goes that's sucked into it as the clothes spin around. I wouldn't be without my tumble dryer either - I know they have a reputation for being power guzzlers but most nice things in life cost money 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There's a little filter thing you empty occasionally which is where all the lint, pet hair and human hair goes that's sucked into it as the clothes spin around. I wouldn't be without my tumble dryer either - I know they have a reputation for being power guzzlers but most nice things in life cost money 🤣
Fab thanks, I can't wait to get mine now 🥰

Reactions: 2
I have twins, and they seem to go through about eight outfits a day (and they aren't babies!). I would be lost without my tumble!

Sorry to jump on this - does anyone here keep theirs outside in a shed? I have no space in my kitchen so this might be my only option and I just wondered if anyone else does this?

Sorry to jump on this - does anyone here keep theirs outside in a shed? I have no space in my kitchen so this might be my only option and I just wondered if anyone else does this?
Mine is in the shed I have condenser one but i always leave the door ajar when it’s on

Reactions: 1
Parents used to do this, don’t leave it on over night or when you aren’t at home and obviously don’t store anything flammable near it (paint/oil/petrol etc etc) but yeah, you absolutely can have one in the shed

I'm the same , the only space I've got is in the out house . I'd leave the door open and stick the vent out there. I don't think it's good for them if it gets too cold in the winter .

I just can't see myself trailing out there when the weather is crap

Reactions: 2
My neighbour has his in a concrete shed vented through a normal vent in the back wall. Never an ounce of trouble with it.

This is what i plan to do, i am hoping to invest in a tumble dryer next month and aim to use it purely to finish off the clothes after being outside🥰 I am very intrigued as to the dog hair comment, we have a German Shepherd so i feel your pain 🙈 does it really work and where does the hair go? Thanks x
Sorry, I’ve only just seen your reply! In the filter. And yes it’s fantastic for getting dog and cat hair off stuff like fleeces etc that it sticks to. I have pedigree british shorthairs too (like the Sheba cat) and they’re double coated and the undercoat is horrible fluff that won’t hoover or anything. I imagine GSD hair is similar.

• Heart