Arab Influencers, fakes and flakes #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I d/l Snapchat and was watching Amal Alansari’s snaps of what seems to be a girls evening outdoors but in a private garden. One of the women in her stories is freakin stunning, she looks half Far East Asian or something - does anyone know who I mean? She wasn’t wearing hijab. Very curious as to who she is because soo pretty mashAllah. Think her name was Mariam but know nothing else.

scratch that. I found her. She isn’t as pretty as I thought. Was just the filter. Pfft.

Last edited:
So I d/l Snapchat and was watching Amal Alansari’s snaps of what seems to be a girls evening outdoors but in a private garden. One of the women in her stories is freakin stunning, she looks half Far East Asian or something - does anyone know who I mean? She wasn’t wearing hijab. Very curious as to who she is because soo pretty mashAllah. Think her name was Mariam but know nothing else.

scratch that. I found her. She isn’t as pretty as I thought. Was just the filter. Pfft.
Her ig?

If it’s this girl her ig is officialmaryam6. loool and you’re right she does not look as exotic without the filter but she’s still very pretty! Where is she from?
4A4562FD-1CBD-44A1-B8B7-AA1B02A1C77C.png

Reactions: 3
If it’s this girl her ig is officialmaryam6. loool and you’re right she does not look as exotic without the filter but she’s still very pretty! Where is she from?View attachment 850675
I totally underestimated the power of filters until today 🤣🤣

She is an absolute stunner either way but the filter took it to another

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Officialmaryam6

If it’s this girl her ig is officialmaryam6. loool and you’re right she does not look as exotic without the filter but she’s still very pretty! Where is she from?View attachment 850675
That’s the one! As soon as I saw her in that clip on Snap, one of the Arab plastic surgery accounts that I follow on IG (lol) posted the same clip celebrating how beautiful she is.
People in the comment section were throwing guesses around as to her ethnicity, some saying an Afghan Jordanian mix etc but I don’t know for sure. Her IG looks like she’s Saudi and she wasn’t speaking with a Jordanian dialect in the snap so don’t know, but seems to have spent a good chunk of life in KSA nonetheless.

Did any of you watch that Siwar Shu3eib show a few years ago where he would invite Arab social media influencers/fashionistas on to roast them? Is there any show like that these days?

Khaleeji-fishing

Khaleeji version of blackfishing

We need a proper term for that

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
In all honesty, khaleeji-fishing is so common yet not talked about. You guys don’t know how many people I’ve come across in real life that pretend to be khaleeji both Arabs and non Arabs. I’ve seen a lot of shami/Levantine people (Ola Farahat included pretending to have Emirati citizenship) pretend to be khaleeji. My friend who’s Emirati told me about this guy that is Palestinian told him that he had the uae citizenship but after some background checks he did he realised he was lying. Its super hard now to get the uae citizenship so I don’t know why people lie about it. White people too. It’s so disturbing and weird then when you call them out on it they say you’re “gatekeeping” the culture. I’m not even khaleeji and I find that tit offensive.

Reactions: 7
I’m pretty sure Maryam is originally Uzbek or Tajik but grew up in Saudi so only claims that nationality

Reactions: 4
In all honesty, khaleeji-fishing is so common yet not talked about. You guys don’t know how many people I’ve come across in real life that pretend to be khaleeji both Arabs and non Arabs. I’ve seen a lot of shami/Levantine people (Ola Farahat included pretending to have Emirati citizenship) pretend to be khaleeji. My friend who’s Emirati told me about this guy that is Palestinian told him that he had the uae citizenship but after some background checks he did he realised he was lying. Its super hard now to get the uae citizenship so I don’t know why people lie about it. White people too. It’s so disturbing and weird then when you call them out on it they say you’re “gatekeeping” the culture. I’m not even khaleeji and I find that tit offensive.
Yes it's really common but not talked about. When I was at university, there were far too many Levant/Sham students pretending to be Kuwaiti. It was disturbing. They spoke kuwaiti and went above and beyond to prove that they're Kuwaiti but I never bought it. I could always tell that they were lying.

I have many examples including friends. One of my university friends looked very Palestinian/Jordanian but she always insisted that she is Kuwaiti. I never bought it because she tried too hard and was always bragging about living in Nuzha (posh, upper class neighborhood reserved for old money founding families). She got all her info about Kuwaiti families off the internet especially the arabic forums. Her last name was Saleh but she added 'Al-' to sound more Kuwaiti since there are many Kuwaiti families with the Al-Saleh last name. most of the students at my university didn't care about her nationality or question her (we have a lot of expat students at my university so it's no big deal). At the time, my cousin was a professor at the university and he knew the administration well. He confirmed her Jordanian/Palestinian nationality and the fact she's continuing her university education on charity aid. She basically spent 6-7 years lying about her nationality all for what? The other example was literally my closest friend at university. She is full Iranian but she pretends to be Kuwaiti. She refuses to admit that she is not Kuwaiti. even though we're friends and she knows that I know she's lying. She still refuses to admit the truth. What's the point in all that lying?

This issue is far too common in Kuwait and I really wish that these people stop lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes it's really common but not talked about. When I was at university, there were far too many Levant/Sham students pretending to be Kuwaiti. It was disturbing. They spoke kuwaiti and went above and beyond to prove that they're Kuwaiti but I never bought it. I could always tell that they were lying.

I have many examples including friends. One of my university friends looked very Palestinian/Jordanian but she always insisted that she is Kuwaiti. I never bought it because she tried too hard and was always bragging about living in Nuzha (posh, upper class neighborhood reserved for old money founding families). She got all her info about Kuwaiti families off the internet especially the arabic forums. Her last name was Saleh but she added 'Al-' to sound more Kuwaiti since there are many Kuwaiti families with the Al-Saleh last name. most of the students at my university didn't care about her nationality or question her (we have a lot of expat students at my university so it's no big deal). At the time, my cousin was a professor at the university and he knew the administration well. He confirmed her Jordanian/Palestinian nationality and the fact she's continuing her university education on charity aid. She basically spent 6-7 years lying about her nationality all for what? The other example was literally my closest friend at university. She is full Iranian but she pretends to be Kuwaiti. She refuses to admit that she is not Kuwaiti. even though we're friends and she knows that I know she's lying. She still refuses to admit the truth. What's the point in all that lying?

This issue is far too common in Kuwait and I really wish that these people stop lying.
If people are assholes they’re not going to treat you better based on your fake nationality so there’s no point in lying. Also unlike some of my friendships I noticed that khaleeji girls get really attached and treat their friends like sisters for life so what’s the point of lying in that sort of relationship lol I’m sure you feel betrayed/ annoyed when you find out

Reactions: 6

I get mistaken a lot for khaleeji by shamis and Iraqis because of the way I look, my Arabic accent, the way I dress and because I’m from a tribal family but I’m actually just a southern Iraqi and that area has a huge khaleeji influence. I’m from Nasiriya and we have similar accent if not the same to Kuwaitis BUT I would never ever pretend to be khaleeji because that’s just weird and I’m happy and proud about where I come from. I have many khaleeji friends that I adore and just thought of lying to them about being one is just too weird. I’m sorry I’ll never understand people that lie about this tit.

If people are assholes they’re not going to treat you better based on your fake nationality so there’s no point in lying. Also unlike some of my friendships I noticed that khaleeji girls get really attached and treat their friends like sisters for life so what’s the point of lying in that sort of relationship lol I’m sure you feel betrayed/ annoyed when you find out
Exactly! There’s no point to it. You should be proud of who you are and where you come from. Lying always backfires. How can you create genuine relationships if you’re lying about your ethnicity?
If you’re doing it for marriage, tribal men will always ask about that stuff. You can’t lie about it because you have to know your roots!

Reactions: 6
@q8gamer I have a question for you. I have a friend she claims to be from Kuwait but I find her whole situation strange and a lot of us doubt she’s Kuwaiti. Give me your thoughts. Her last name is Fahad and idk how common that is in Kuwait. She lives in government housing where I’m from which isn’t weird they’re decent in my countryand not necessarily for poor people but wouldn’t she be better off in Kuwait if she’s actually from there? Her family had 8 children in that home and they literally hate the west so if they have Kuwaiti citizenship they would go back right? And one of my friends is friends with that girls family and when I ask her about her background she says she’s from Najaf, Iraq and their families are from the same region. But the Fahad girl denies anything related to Iraq. Her brother and a bunch of other guys were involved in gangs and some of them were stabbed and in the news they said they were of Kuwaiti decent but literally none of them have Kuwaiti last names and the boys all got buried in Iraq...surely a Kuwaiti parent would take their kids back home if they started acting up and joining gangs and stuff that’s completely unheard of...Kuwaiti diaspora tend to stay conservative compared to other groups...never involved in gangs and drug dealing...also why weren’t any of them buried in Kuwait?

My friend tried to apply to uni in Kuwait and they wouldn’t give her a scholarship I thought school if free for citizens...and she tried get into Kuwait during the whole covid thing and they rejected her and when we asked about it she said they do it to everyone because they don’t want covid cases to go up but likeee who rejects their own citizens lmfao💀🧐🧐

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.