Apple working with instagrammers?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I follow an Instagram account which recently posted about being #gifted a HomePod by Apple. I refuse to buy anything that has been promoted by instagrammers so I'll be disappointed if Apple has jumped on this particular bandwagon. I've searched for other accounts using #homepod and @Apple but couldn't find anything obvious - anybody any idea?

Thanks.

I follow an Instagram account which recently posted about being #gifted a HomePod by Apple. I refuse to buy anything that has been promoted by instagrammers so I'll be disappointed if Apple has jumped on this particular bandwagon. I've searched for other accounts using #homepod and @Apple but couldn't find anything obvious - anybody any idea?

Thanks.
Can you share the account? Might add some context to the discussion 🤔

I’ll be disappointed to as I’m so loyal to their products and they’re not cheap! 😂

Certainly, it's thehousethatblackbuilt. Started off as a brilliant account with lots of budget renovations and diy and sadly now is just ad after ad. A few days ago there was a story of the husband unboxing the HomePod but no grid post - today it's on the grid marked as gifted by Apple.

I'm also a huge Apple customer, I love their products but I work hard for the money I give them!

Reactions: 1
From what I know Apple refuse to gift or discount products to anyone, this might be different now however,
even head office staff didn’t get products for free a few years ago, I do know that.
😐

Certainly, it's thehousethatblackbuilt. Started off as a brilliant account with lots of budget renovations and diy and sadly now is just ad after ad. A few days ago there was a story of the husband unboxing the HomePod but no grid post - today it's on the grid marked as gifted by Apple.

I'm also a huge Apple customer, I love their products but I work hard for the money I give them!
Thank you. Will have a peek 🤔

From what I know Apple refuse to gift or discount products to anyone, this might be different now however,
even head office staff didn’t get products for free a few years ago, I do know that.
😐
I was under the same impression.

I do hope they’re not going down this path. Why would they even need to? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Might be worth an email- or post on their socials as seems to get a faster reply these days 🤭

even head office staff don’t get products for free a few years ago, I do know that.
😐
I thought this too. I remember buying an iPhone from o2 back in the days when you got an xbox or similar for taking out a contract and was told that Apple didn't allow that kind of promotion alongside their products so no free gift was available.

There were rumours they used to destroy their stock when a new model was being released rather than discount anything. 😆
I know they do token discounts on Black Friday etc, but it’s never anything major and that’s only in the last few years
I’d be really shocked if they were going down the influencer marketing route.

Surely not.
Steve Jobs would be spinning in his grave.
If I have to give up my iPhone in protest I’m done :mad:

I haven't been able to find another account that has been gifted an Apple product but why say it's been gifted by Apple if it hasn't... I'm confused.

Yel

Umm.. Apple have been doing this for years, albeit under a bit of secrecy. But they're pretty open about it these days and "working" with infuencers. I think they even acquired an infuencer company.

Umm.. Apple have been doing this for years, albeit under a bit of secrecy. But they're pretty open about it these days and "working" with infuencers I thought. I think they even acquired an infuencer company.
Thanks, I now need to decide if I get rid of Instagram or Apple!! Which one will I miss more? 😆

Umm.. Apple have been doing this for years, albeit under a bit of secrecy. But they're pretty open about it these days and "working" with infuencers I thought. I think they even acquired an infuencer company.
Well the important questions are who are they working with, and are they transparent?

If FOD starts banging on about then they’ll be getting a very terse email from me for sure! 😂

Yel

Thanks, I now need to decide if I get rid of Instagram or Apple!! Which one will I miss more? 😆
Ditch apple!

They're transparent now but they have to be, but loads were given those wanky looking earphones that are said to be a cancer risk.

I'm sure Alfie has done apple ads with his "surprising my girlfriend with a new iPhone" videos. That twerp still gets paid to promote Samsung phones.

Ditch them all. I'm on Xiaomi now 😁
Greed is not good at Xiaomi, as founder caps profit margin on its hardware business at 5 per cent
Xiaomi promises users that it will not earn more than five per cent margin on its hardware products, which range from smartphones to air purifiers

I've just been off googling Apple and influencers and I'm shocked at the shift in their marketing strategy over the last few years - I've obviously taken my eye off the ball.

I know it all comes under the marketing budget but surely there's a difference in paying for an ad where someone has had to use their skill to come up with an appealing image and a clever tag line and someone else just plonking the product on a bedside table and writing #gifted. I almost feel let down by Apple.

Off to google xiaomi...