Aoibhe Devlin #3 Back for the swipe ups, she knows her followers are schmucks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I asked in Aoibhe’s last question box about why she would associate with someone sharing conspiracy theory youtube videos and who bends the restrictions to suit herself.. (Nikki whelan /little bow pip) She never replied. I unfollowed today. Sad to say. I loved her, told all my friends to follow her but honestly I feel this association just feels wrong, it feels like someone she would have spoken out against before. Her job, her husbands job has been effected, her best friend was on tv condemning the fact she would have to give birth and have scans alone, then why have an anti vaxx, conspiracy sharing whack on your zoom?

Reactions: 9
I asked in Aoibhe’s last question box about why she would associate with someone sharing conspiracy theory youtube videos and who bends the restrictions to suit herself.. (Nikki whelan /little bow pip) She never replied. I unfollowed today. Sad to say. I loved her, told all my friends to follow her but honestly I feel this association just feels wrong, it feels like someone she would have spoken out against before. Her job, her husbands job has been effected, her best friend was on tv condemning the fact she would have to give birth and have scans alone, then why have an anti vaxx, conspiracy sharing whack on your zoom?
Are you really that she does what suits her? She’s changes so quickly don’t believe a word she says

Reactions: 1
Gals I received my order today from Betty and buddy x aoibhe, am honestly shocked just the necklace on a piece of card that says betty&biddy with plastic over the top of it. No thank you card, no invoice or return label. Ya know the normal stuff. No mention of aoibhe any where . The chain is cheap shite. It was the 2020 coin necklace that I ordered. It seems ok, little bit smaller than I expected. Honestly it has turned me off the company all together . Not aoibhe biggest fan but thought it would have been a lovely gift for a friend who started her new job in the south in 2020 as a little keepsake.
In the past I found a lot of Betty and Biddys stuff was also available on Ali express. Turned me right off them

Reactions: 5
I worked for Aer Lingus until very recently & had 2 pregnancies while there. You don’t get 100% of your pay as a lump sum- they pay you the difference between what you would have earned & what social welfare has paid you in maternity benefit. Out of what you get you have to pay back pension payments & some other deductions that may have accumulated while on maternity leave so don’t end up with a much of a ‘lump sum’ at the end of it.
Agree though that there was a voluntary redundancy offered & quite a few left so she will probably be fine, no talk of mandatory redundancy at the moment.
Oooh I wonder if we’d recognize each other. I also worked in the airport, not EI but we possibly would’ve crossed paths a lot 🧐

Lads what’s the craic with the influencers serious lack of spelling when it comes to their posts? Have ye ever seen Audrey Hamilton’s spelling on her stories? It’s atrocious. I still wonder how she’s managed to make a career out of her art. I’d say there are some really amazing artists out there who put years in to their work and to see her grow just by other influencers. Shameful

Reactions: 3
News just in... Aoibhe says that influencers are going nowhere anytime soon! I dislike her smarmy posts! She is fuelled by greed this one! Ok I hit preview on this message by accident and realised that it’s being moderated! Are we not allowed to “hate” something anymore? the word “h***” has been replaced with “dislike”. Seriously????

Reactions: 8
I see a new #collab with the Hut Group who own My Vitamins and My Protein. A UK based company whose trustpilot reviews speak volumes as does their Glassdoor/Indeed reviews for staff working there.
Influencers might not be going anywhere soon but 2021 I hope will be the year that brands start to realise that picking the wrong influencer can do monumental damage and that consumers realise that the 67% vitamin discount or the 47% mattress discount offered via these influencers are a bit of a swizz and a marketing ploy that allows the influencers to be paid a nice little sum. Not quite the big discount they are being made out to be. Finally given that the economy won't have bounced back fully I also think 2021 could be the year that the Revenue finally take a proper look at earnings/gifts/pr drops/sponsors/collabs etc. 2021 might even be the year that consumers do a little research themselves and stop being ripped off for by companies who are buying mass produced AliExpress tat and marketing it as exclusively designed. Followers will also remember who has been transparent and who has been preaching about health guidelines but then breaching them themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
STOP! We had her booked for our wedding, I saw all the 5 star reviews and foolishly thought she must be great - biggest regret ever!!! She doesn't show you her work at all unless you can come into the studio, that was IT for us when we saw what her work actually looks like. Absolutely bland, boring to the core. She just takes the pictures and sends it somewhere to be processed, no wonder she has time for all those baby shoots as well. Our wedding was cancelled due to COVID and even though she's rolling in money she wouldn't even consider giving us our deposit back. Just to get something for our (massive) deposit we asked to transfer it to a baby shoot, and at a push she would transfer about one quarter of the amount as credit towards it. Her prices are amongst the highest we came across, and we contacted a lot of photographers after that. I know you don't want to get started on her but I wanted to put this out there for any brides who don't know better. She was the only photographer who we contacted who doesn't personally respond to emails as well, we were always dealing with her assistant.
I was at a wedding fair a few years ago and I went up to Jenny's stand just to enquire about dates and prices . Her pics were nice but I wasn't blown away given how half of the wannabe celebs use her. So I asked what her basic starting off prices were for prints and albums as we knew we wanted to buy a house and try for a baby so wasn't going OTT on photographer. She seemed taken aback and gave a sarcastic laugh and look when I asked, I got the impression off her that if you have to ask you cant afford me type of crap!!!! In the end I didn't even leave contact details with her or call her back, she was so smug and condescending. By the time I had finished talking to her she was at around €4,500 mark, OH told me to cop on to myself and move along.....LOL!! I thought to myself if I could bottle that confidence I'd be a rich happy woman!!! I think she's coasted along nicely the past few years on the back of her husband's name and connections.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was at a wedding fair a few years ago and I went up to Jenny's stand just to enquire about dates and prices . Her pics were nice but I wasn't blown away given how half of the wannabe celebs use her. So I asked what her basic starting off prices were for prints and albums as we knew we wanted to buy a house and try for a baby so wasn't going OTT on photographer. She seemed taken aback and gave a sarcastic laugh and look when I asked, I got the impression off her that if you have to ask you cant afford me type of crap!!!! In the end I didn't even leave contact details with her or call her back, she was so smug and condescending. By the time I had finished talking to her she was at around €4,500 mark, OH told me to cop on to myself and move along.....LOL!! I thought to myself if I could bottle that confidence I'd be a rich happy woman!!! I think she's coasted along nicely the past few years on the back of her husband's name and connections.
Thank you, I so agree! I watch her stories sometimes and the way she's giving out tips about taking wedding photos, it's annoying! I follow lots of other photographers (who clearly know their stuff) and they're never like that. She has this know-it-all air about her and now she's getting more of a following she's becoming a bit of an influencer with things being gifted to her. My OH knows a thing or two about photography and was disappointed by what we saw of her previous work (when we were eventually shown it). From what she says she just picked up a camera, photographed a family wedding, then Martin bought her a camera and off she goes... The weddings she does are always a bit flashy, clearly the people who book her have a fair bit of money, the bride often has two dresses, and the table decor is always out of this world....even when hair/makeup wasn't allowed her brides were always perfectly made up... apparently she had 60 weddings booked for 2020 (obv only a few weddings actually went ahead this year) but that multiplied by a min of £3k ... :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She seems to be focusing more on the family which is actually great I think. Seems like she did actually grow alot during her break!
She has had to reign in the showy, obnoxious bullshit more like. She got completely called out on her lies and exaggerations so has changed her tune. Let’s face it neither her or Juan Corr have exactly been clocking up the air miles. Life looks a lot more boring without a boarding pass 🙄

Reactions: 9
But November was like a shopping channel and now absolutely zero in what should be the busiest week of the year for these morons...v odd

Reactions: 2
Advertising Sweet King and the likes and in
Musgraves herself days later with that Jenny from the block wannabe buying tubs of sweets at a fraction of the price she was advertising them at😂 The support irish speel she went on with also and when she shows the stuff she actually spent her own money on are actually asos and amaazon #af link

Reactions: 7
I thought this too, ads to beat the band last month and now nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️
she could be just finding it hard with 2 kids under 2. Or sitting back and watching what’s being said and choosing what she puts up next and letJenny take the heat for a little while

Reactions: 2
Lily is 2 1/2 now but yes it is hard with two kids and it is probably a shock to her as all she did with Lily was leave her with someone else to mind. Never saw anything like it for a new mum
Don’t get me wrong it’s very important as a mum to get time to yourself and for you and your partner but she was leaving her for weekend breaks since she was 6 weeks old

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.