Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a question about alcohol. What happens if you drink a lot when using this?
I don’t drink on a daily basis is but have a wedding coming up.

Reactions: 2
Finally been brave enough to do the first injection and didn’t feel a thing. I’m the type who faints at injections or getting bloods done. This didn’t start until my mid thirties. I’m not scared so I’ve no idea why it happens.

Anyway I hope to be able to report some reduction in the numbers on the scale soon!

Did you keep doing the injections on your week off? Am I right in thinking you’ve not upped your dose either, or was that someone else?
I kept on them and after a conversation with London Slimming Clinic I upped my dose to 1.8

I have a question about alcohol. What happens if you drink a lot when using this?
I don’t drink on a daily basis is but have a wedding coming up.
I found I didn't want to drink as it was defeating the point with liquid calories...but when I did I got a banging headache which put me off again

So official weigh in day Thursday and I'm bang on 13st so I've lost 2 stone 4lb ...very pleased. I'm on 1.8, the only side effect is constipation ( sorry tmi)

Reactions: 4
No. I’d tell them to get professional help.

My sister is a recovered bulimic, I know how life changing getting the right help can be. I’d recommend people address the cause of their relationship with food, not inject themselves with god knows what. The likelihood is that when they stop taking the injections their food issues will still be there... I recommend addressing the cause not the symptoms.
Maybe they have tried to address the “cause” and simply their body still wants more? Maybe you shouldn’t stick your nose in where it’s not wanted or needed. People are shamed for being fat and people are then shamed when they look into solutions like this. It is perfectly safe and administered by doctors. For people like myself with an actual condition - polycystic ovaries, you have an uncontrollable need to eat. Despite what diet or exercise you do your body still wants more. Something like an appetite suppressant is seriously helpful in this case. It also helps you balance out your insulin levels as with PCOS you have a resistance to insulin which in turn causes you to be fat and crave more foods. Hate when people like you tell people like me to “address their issue with food” or “do some exercise and have a calorie deficit” you have no idea what we have tried and no idea what we have to go through on a daily basis, and the last thing we need are your idiotic comments!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m aware of that. But if you lose 2lbs of fat by dieting and then spend a fortnight jogging and lifting weights, toning your muscles you could put on 4lbs. Fat doesnt turn into muscle or vice versa but toning muscles ana developing them makes them denser so they’ll ultimately weigh more and make it look on scales that you’ve put on weight

I’m aware of that. But if you lose 2lbs of fat by dieting and then spend a fortnight jogging and lifting weights, toning your muscles you could put on 4lbs. Fat doesnt turn into muscle or vice versa but toning muscles ana developing them makes them denser so they’ll ultimately weigh more and make it look on scales that you’ve put on weight
But generally people will lose fat much quicker than gaining muscle, especially when starting out or if you’re not super toned/fit already

After MONTHS of deliberating I decided to give this a go....I started on Thursday 15stone 4lbs which im ashamed to admit 😔 , today Sunday 14 stone 9lbs 😲 although on Friday I felt a bit nauseous, there have been no other side effects ( to date).
Has anyone else used this and what were your experiences
Oh just noticed you started on a Thursday, me too.

I just took my second one earlier. I have been drinking lots of water and felt slight, very slight, nausea. Nothing else to report except I did eat very little yesterday.

Reactions: 1
I think I read once that the average loss before people start noticing is something huge like 4 stone 😂

Your jeans will tell you first.
Depends on your height. For me as someone who isn’t even 5ft tall, losing a stone people do tend to notice the loss.

Of course it works the other way around too. It’s really noticeable when you gain a few lbs too.

Depends on your height. For me as someone who isn’t even 5ft tall, losing a stone people do tend to notice the loss.

Of course it works the other way around too. It’s really noticeable when you gain a few lbs too.
True

An elderly relative and I were looking through a friend’s wedding photos. My friend said.., she’s like you, short, so every pound shows. Gee thanks 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i've started noom at the recommendation of my pcos and endocrine docs - lost 1.6kg / 3.5lbs in 9 days (even at that time of the month)! i'd say it's going well but keeping an eye on this thread just in case i hit a bump in the road. my mum is a dress size bigger than me, same height, bigger bust but weighs 10kg less - presuming this is down to the difference between muscle and fat. knowing the side effects of the jab was super helpful when looking at weight loss options so thank you all for sharing !!

Reactions: 3

I need another stone and half to get to 4 stone but I'll carry on lol

• Heart
Decided to get one more pen and give it my best shot before giving up.
Has anyone heard or done the second nature 12 week plan? I think it’s a similar concept to noom, I’ve just signed up it seems good so far, lots of emphasis on how to stop emotional eating etc which is really good for long term sustainability, I’d be interested to know if anyone’s heard of it or done it.

Reactions: 1
Morning...back to Thursday weigh in. Today 3lb loss so 2.5 stone altogether!! Chuffed

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.