Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband does not know I’m taking it, he wouldn’t approve. However, it is my body and my choices.

Reactions: 4
Ooooo ok I didn't realise this. I thought it had to be permanently refrigerated

Making it quite tempting then. I often go to bed before him or am awake after he is so could easily administer in the bedroom without him knowing
Mine came with cool packs so just used those to keep it cool until I used it.
i explained it’s available from Boots and it just suppresses hunger so no one seemed to care.
No one would bat an eyelid if it was an oral drug. The process is no different than taking insulin really.

I admit when I first read about a skinny jab I was horrified, and then I read dramatic stories about influencers taking it. But looking into it properly, it seems safer to me than a lot of things I’ve done in my past to lose weight 😩 no offence to this thread title but I think it’s a terrible nickname for it.

wish I had ignored all that because I would have started it so much sooner. It’s been amazing at controlling my eating especially my binges when I’m stressed or on a weekend when I want to treat myself. It’s really made me take a look at my relationship with food.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
My pen comes tomorrow… told my partner and he was not happy 🙈 thinks it’s dangerous Im being silly etc etc. anyone else had this ?
My partner was a bit worried because I think people's minds go straight to the diet products you get on the black market and that give you kidney failure or something 😅 When this thread first started, some people were comparing it to the diet coffee that was fashionable decades ago and ended up making women really ill or infertile or something like that.
Maybe give him the name of the drug so he can do his research and see that it's "legit"? At first he thought I was planning on taking drugs that are prescribed to patients with diabetes and he was really unhappy, but I was fully transparent, gave him the name of the drug and he felt better after having a look at the Patient Information Leaflet, some studies and the NHS website (mind you, he is a healthcare professional so he enjoys reading on the topic anyway). I promised to let him know if I was feeling "anything untowards" as he called it and he ended up giving me my first injections because I was too much of a chicken to do it myself 😂 He still wishes I was kinder to myself and didn't feel the need to lose the weight, but at least he is on board now. As others said, it's your body, your choice, but I personally like that he knows. I would want to know if it was the other way around.

Reactions: 2
My partner was a bit worried because I think people's minds go straight to the diet products you get on the black market and that give you kidney failure or something 😅 When this thread first started, some people were comparing it to the diet coffee that was fashionable decades ago and ended up making women really ill or infertile or something like that.
Maybe give him the name of the drug so he can do his research and see that it's "legit"? At first he thought I was planning on taking drugs that are prescribed to patients with diabetes and he was really unhappy, but I was fully transparent, gave him the name of the drug and he felt better after having a look at the Patient Information Leaflet, some studies and the NHS website (mind you, he is a healthcare professional so he enjoys reading on the topic anyway). I promised to let him know if I was feeling "anything untowards" as he called it and he ended up giving me my first injections because I was too much of a chicken to do it myself 😂 He still wishes I was kinder to myself and didn't feel the need to lose the weight, but at least he is on board now. As others said, it's your body, your choice, but I personally like that he knows. I would want to know if it was the other way around.
Yes mine is the same issue, he just wishes I could stop picking my weight apart!

he’d be horrified if he knew what was in contraceptive and all those side effects!! That’s a whole other story

• Heart
Starting on this tomorrow. Ordered mine from Asda had to send pics of body and scales🥴 Do you have to put a new needle on every day and do they come with needles. What is the best place to inject. Watched a few youtube video's and one women puts it onto her upper arm?
I was on metformin years ago so from what I have read the side effects sound similar.

Starting on this tomorrow. Ordered mine from Asda had to send pics of body and scales🥴 Do you have to put a new needle on every day and do they come with needles. What is the best place to inject. Watched a few youtube video's and one women puts it onto her upper arm?
I was on metformin years ago so from what I have read the side effects sound similar.
i started tonight and went for stomach!

Needs to be an area you squeeze some fat I tend to do hips area
Alternate each day don’t do the same area
Wash your hands first and ensure the area is clean

Hi all, my BMI doesn't qualify for Saxenda, does anyone have any recommendations for other jabs or pills please?

Hi all, my BMI doesn't qualify for Saxenda, does anyone have any recommendations for other jabs or pills please?
i upped my BMI slightly as I was just nearly on the cusp of being accepted (silly I know)

can anyone create a new thread?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.