Anyone on here have endometriosis and have had in children?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi I realise I may be a bit late on this thread but yes! Me! Chronic! For years! But it was undiagnosed for a long long long time. I just suffered and my doctors wouldn’t take me seriously. Once I found someone who listened, and wanted to help me, we got treatment started and I cannot describe the effect it had on my body. I had my first baby in October 2019. I had always never dared let myself believe I could have a baby. Dream come true. I wish all the best to those who are in the position I was in.

Reactions: 1
I was diagnosed with endo & adenomyosis age 21. I was told to crack on if I wanted to have kids. I was single & at uni so no I didn’t want kids. I managed to get pregnant soon as we tried age 33. We tried for a year for our second & i got pregnant after a laparoscopy with laser & cutting it out, hysteroscopy & flushing tubes. I was nearly 37 when I had her.
Please message me if you have any questions.

Realise this is an old thread but I commented last year, since then I've managed to have a baby naturally conceived 6 weeks after surgery to remove some endo and this time we took progesterone and asprin from the start - seemed to do the trick, baby is 10 weeks old! Hope your ok stay positive x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Congratulations!

Just to add to the positive stories, my cousin has endo and chocolate cysts. At a young age, she was told she’d never have children. But at 26 she discovered she was 5 months pregnant! She had two more in her mid-30’s, all naturally. The last one was conceived with only one ovary and Fallopian tube, after an ectopic pregnancy.

Realise this is an old thread but I commented last year, since then I've managed to have a baby naturally conceived 6 weeks after surgery to remove some endo and this time we took progesterone and asprin from the start - seemed to do the trick, baby is 10 weeks old! Hope your ok stay positive x
Congratulations!

Just to add to the positive stories, my cousin has endo and chocolate cysts. At a young age, she was told she’d never have children. But at 26 she discovered she was 5 months pregnant! She had two more in her mid-30’s, all naturally. The last one was conceived with only one ovary and Fallopian tube, after an ectopic pregnancy.
Wow that’s amazing. Hoping this will happen to me eventually 😌

• Heart
Wow that’s amazing. Hoping this will happen to me eventually 😌
My friend got diagnosed at 26 after years of being ignored by her GP. She was just about to start IVF at 27 and conceived naturally. She puts it down to stopping stressing and relaxing.

My mum went undiagnosed all her life until she reached 53 and had to have an operation which sadly wasn’t successful. She conceived naturally whilst on birth control 3 times! Sadly, one ended in a miscarriage. So there is hope ❤

3 surgeries for endometriosis. Then tests for infertility. Applying for ivf and going through the testing. Conceived naturally then had a miscarriage. This led to emergency surgery and 3 blood transfusions. I’m now pregnant again which is wonderful and terrifying in equal measure

So I’ve been through a few things, a lot of which have endometriosis at their root. Happy to help support, advise where I can x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
There is another thread about endo and managing symptoms.
I'm interested to know if anyone has gone private for IVF?
I'm 37 haven't been able to conceive and funding in my area is non existent
I have stage 4 endo.
I've looked into refund packages at 15k! But they are for women who are 35 and under which makes me think the odds aren't great for anyone over 35.
Ive also looked at partial refunding.
15k is just so much money which also puts pressure on the couple.

That’s a hell of a lot of money! We did private ivf for our second child as no longer eligible for ivf on nhs once you have a child. It was expensive but nothing like that! And I was 33. What does the refund package include?

It looks like prices go up the older you are. The refund means if you don't have a baby you get your money back. I can't find many places that take women over 37 and provide packages

I have stage 4 endo.
I've looked into refund packages at 15k! But they are for women who are 35 and under which makes me think the odds aren't great for anyone over 35.
I went private as i live in canada and its not funded here. Its cost me about 17000 all in i think. I was 34 when i done mine and lucky was successful on the second go.

• Heart
I have stage 4 endo.

I’ve only got experience of nhs ivf personally but my brother & sister is law travelled to Poland for theirs 2 years ago. They had excellent care and it cost £2.200.