Anyone on here have endometriosis and have had in children?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was recently diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis and a blocked Fallopian tube and was told it is next to impossible for me to conceive naturally so we have been offered help via IVF.

just wondered if there was anyone out there who can give me some positivity on this situation? Is IVF mentally challenging?
I’d like to think this question is open to all genders, as at the end of the day it takes a man and a woman to reproduce so I hope that I can have an insight from both sides!

Reactions: 1
My Mum had Endo and conceived me naturally. It did get worse though over time for her though and she ended up having a hysterectomy. I think they can laser some of the tissue away from other areas it may have spread to though but this might depend on , severity, sorry I can’t be more help! 💗

A friend of mine with endo had twins via IVF after trying naturally. It dud take a few giex with IVF though. By the way Spain is the best place to go for IVF. That is where my friend ended up going. I follow a insta blogger at Gimme Some Oven, she's American living in Barcelona and has said same thing. She did a recent post about this. My friend went to Madrid.

I was told when I was just 15 years old that I'd never have children due to horrific periods and endometriosis. I now have 2 beautiful children age 11 and 13 that were conceived naturally. We tried for just over 2 years with our first then I actually got sight while on the pill with my second. I had a hysterectomy when my daughter was 3 as still suffered horrendously but felt blessed with the 2 children we had been given

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve had three children which we had without help but my Endo was diagnosed after I’d completed my family, I will say my Surgeon was surprised I’d managed to have children . Both my Mum and sister suffered with it too and sadly my sister was unable to have children.

I ended up having a total hysterectomy and ovary removal as it was so extensive and had spread to my bladder.

Good luck with your IVF journey .

I have two babies , took a little while for baby two to be conceived but I still got pregnant! :)
I have had 1 laparoscopy previously and some of my endo lasered xxx

I was recently diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis and a blocked Fallopian tube and was told it is next to impossible for me to conceive naturally so we have been offered help via IVF.

just wondered if there was anyone out there who can give me some positivity on this situation? Is IVF mentally challenging?
I’d like to think this question is open to all genders, as at the end of the day it takes a man and a woman to reproduce so I hope that I can have an insight from both sides!
Every patient is different unfortunately. Yes you can conceive naturally though.

However I'd bring that up the next time with your consultant. Often what happens is the consultant will say you need to do it now if you ever want to convince etc.. They can tell by frequent blood tests when would be a good time !

I know many patients who have endo and have conceived naturally but the blocked tube makes it a lot more unlikely. I presume there's no way to unblock it for you becsuse they would have done it for you. And I presume the blockage was caused by endo and not previous issues like from a surgery?

IVF is the way to go ! And adoption :) We have 2 adopted children in my extended family. Well 2 so far :)

Best of luck with it. Just take your time and don't worry it will all work out in the end ♥♥

☆ Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Late day in work !

I had stage 4 endometriosis and done my first ivf last June unfortunately that didn’t work. Done me second one and am currently 20 weeks pregnant. I honestly had no problems with ivf I just got on with it. The only advice I would give is don’t Compare yourself with other people going through ivf. Everyone is different. I went into ivf with no clue what was going to happen I just trusted my doctor and that worked for me. Good luck I hope everything works out for you.

I had stage 4 endometriosis and done my first ivf last June unfortunately that didn’t work. Done me second one and am currently 20 weeks pregnant. I honestly had no problems with ivf I just got on with it. The only advice I would give is don’t Compare yourself with other people going through ivf. Everyone is different. I went into ivf with no clue what was going to happen I just trusted my doctor and that worked for me. Good luck I hope everything works out for you.
Every patient is different unfortunately. Yes you can conceive naturally though.

However I'd bring that up the next time with your consultant. Often what happens is the consultant will say you need to do it now if you ever want to convince etc.. They can tell by frequent blood tests when would be a good time !

I know many patients who have endo and have conceived naturally but the blocked tube makes it a lot more unlikely. I presume there's no way to unblock it for you becsuse they would have done it for you. And I presume the blockage was caused by endo and not previous issues like from a surgery?

IVF is the way to go ! And adoption :) We have 2 adopted children in my extended family. Well 2 so far :)

Best of luck with it. Just take your time and don't worry it will all work out in the end ♥♥

☆ Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Late day in work !

thank you for your reply
Yeah the blockage is caused by the endo. Even though they told me I only have it on my uterosacral ligament so I’m abit confused.
we are starting IVF 10th February! 😰 nervous is an understatement

Reactions: 3
thank you for your reply
Yeah the blockage is caused by the endo. Even though they told me I only have it on my uterosacral ligament so I’m abit confused.
Ah I see well the ball is rolling ! So that's good news. There's always adoption and other options ! Best of luck xxx

Thank you so much for starting this thread - I was diagnosed with endo when I was 21 and I think about my fertility almost everyday. Wishing you all the best 💓

Thank you so much for starting this thread - I was diagnosed with endo when I was 21 and I think about my fertility almost everyday. Wishing you all the best 💓
Thank you and the same to you. It’s an awful condition!!

• Heart
thank you for your reply
I had endo, which was only discovered during the scans I received when I was about to begin IVF. We had been referred for IVF due to male factor so
It was a surprise I had endo, I had a laparoscopy & then had ivf which didn’t work, we didn’t have any fertilised eggs. We did it again & had our son. He’s 3 now & we’ve done a frozen transfer & another round of IVF since he was born & They’ve not worked. Interestingly, my pregnancy completely cured the endo. I’ve never had any signs of it since. Having been through Ivf 4 times now, I have to say that it’s the hardest thing Ive ever been through & it doesn’t get any easier. The financial aspect is soul destroying too, it’s cost us tens of thousands. The thing I’ve come to realise & this is all just personal opinion, it will either work or it won’t. I’ve been pregnant before & it then didn’t work. It’s just chance, there’s nothing you can do to make it work. I’ve done some extras during our cycles just to make myself feel better though so if you feel better by eating loads of pineapple then do it.
wish you the best of luck! Xx

Not me but I follow a girl on Instagram who has had 2 children with endo. She talks a lot about it and offers really lovely advice. She is very friendly and approachable and regularly answers questions

I had endo, which was only discovered during the scans I received when I was about to begin IVF. We had been referred for IVF due to male factor so
It was a surprise I had endo, I had a laparoscopy & then had ivf which didn’t work, we didn’t have any fertilised eggs. We did it again & had our son. He’s 3 now & we’ve done a frozen transfer & another round of IVF since he was born & They’ve not worked. Interestingly, my pregnancy completely cured the endo. I’ve never had any signs of it since. Having been through Ivf 4 times now, I have to say that it’s the hardest thing Ive ever been through & it doesn’t get any easier. The financial aspect is soul destroying too, it’s cost us tens of thousands. The thing I’ve come to realise & this is all just personal opinion, it will either work or it won’t. I’ve been pregnant before & it then didn’t work. It’s just chance, there’s nothing you can do to make it work. I’ve done some extras during our cycles just to make myself feel better though so if you feel better by eating loads of pineapple then do it.
wish you the best of luck! Xx
Thank you for your reply. It’s good to get an idea of what is to come from someone who’s been through it!

Not me but I follow a girl on Instagram who has had 2 children with endo. She talks a lot about it and offers really lovely advice. She is very friendly and approachable and regularly answers questions
Il give her a follow thank you

I had endo removed during laporoscopy last May and have given birth this month to a wee boy. I had an awful time of being taken seriously and the pain and felt nobody was listening first consultant I got was horrible second one was lovely and she performed my surgery. This was my second laparoscopy I had one 4 years prior to that. Good luck x

Just seen this post. I had a lap and dye in June 2014 after trying to conceive. Was found to have endo (which explained a lot). The surgeon did a good clear out but one of my ovary was effected and my tubes were slow. So we went down the ivf route. It’s different for everyone

Hi, I've got stage 4 endometriosis and adenomyosis, it has got worse over the years but I have got a 7 year old girl 😊. Now I'm unable to conceive naturally (weve been trying for the past 5 years and had 6 miscarriages so weve stopped trying now, the pain of endo has got massively worse for me after each pregnancy) I've had 2 operations to remove it, we are saving for ivf, we cant get any help as weve already got our daughter. Hope your ok. Xx