Anyone get ‘sore skin’ after over eating ?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a weird one but does anyone get a large appetite and graze all day (usually on a hangover) and get terrible sore skin as though your whole body is bruised (painful to put even a bra on and to touch) feeling foggy and hazey in the head, puffy face and body, bad digestion/gas etc that lasts anytime up to at least 24 hours?

I know one other person who gets this and I’ve read others get it online but no one knows why?

Reactions: 3
This is a weird one but does anyone get a large appetite and graze all day (usually on a hangover) and get terrible sore skin as though your whole body is bruised (painful to put even a bra on and to touch) feeling foggy and hazey in the head, puffy face and body, bad digestion/gas etc that lasts anytime up to at least 24 hours?

I know one other person who gets this and I’ve read others get it online but no one knows why?
Yep! The only way I can describe it is like my body feels sunburnt?

Reactions: 1
I get this after too much booze. Like my skin and scalp will be sore to touch and I feel like I’ve been battered! Obviously my body’s way of saying too much!! Haven’t had it for a long time cos no of hardcore nights out.

Reactions: 4
Yes I get this off drinking alcohol, I have no idea why, I have regular acupuncture for other issues and she says I’m quite sensitive to things compared to other people - I can’t use anything perfumed on my skin day to day x

Could be the booze. I get really bad blocked nose with red wine, bad with white wine, semi bad with beer, none with vodka.

A friend of mine who’s a nutritionist said she’s never heard of anything like that and said it sounds like an intolerance but it happens with sugary foods/dairy/carbohydrates when I eat a lot of those food groups separately so don’t know which it could be 😩

When I only have a few glasses of wine in the evening and don’t over do it I don’t have any reaction, it’s literally just the next day when I’m grazing throughout the day. I wondered if it’s water retention? Insulin spiking ? Stomach inflammation?

Who knows 😒

A friend of mine who’s a nutritionist said she’s never heard of anything like that and said it sounds like an intolerance but it happens with sugary foods/dairy/carbohydrates when I eat a lot of those food groups separately so don’t know which it could be 😩

When I only have a few glasses of wine in the evening and don’t over do it I don’t have any reaction, it’s literally just the next day when I’m grazing throughout the day. I wondered if it’s water retention? Insulin spiking ? Stomach inflammation?

Who knows 😒
You could be intolerant to a number of foods, doing an elimination diet would tell you.

Blocked/stuffy nose after wine is a common sigh of intolerance. I get this.

It sounds like when you have flu and your skin gets tender to touch. Could be an inflammation reaction to the toxins you've poisoned yourself with, which is basically what a hangover is.

When I over eat the wrong kinds of food I do feel awful. Bloated, sore stomach that is tender when i press on it, lethargic but I wouldn't say my skin is sore to the touch no.

I used to be a binge/purge eater in my younger days and I always used to get the sore skin after I had pigged out. I'm skinny and assumed my skin was tender because it had been stretched from overeating. It made me feel ashamed at my pigging out, and was the trigger for the purge cycle beginning 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Sounds like you’re flaring up due to alcohol intolerance. Also if you’re binging are you having a lot of salt? That could make you puffy.

when I was at uni drinking all the cheap booze night after night and eating chips and pizzas my skin would be really itchy after a night out. Normally a hot shower and lots of water would fix it along with some anti histamines. I used to be convinced that I’d become allergic to fake tan as my skin all over mybody would be uncontrollably itchy. It turned out it was a correlation between wearing tan and the occasions where I drank lots and ate crap...

puffy face and body
I totally get this! Even puffy fingers and wrists! Puffy gave is the worst for me - it's so bad even my eyes look smaller 🤣 that's if I've had a really bad food day! Like TruffleTrifle says, I think it's water retention due to the salt plus all the sugar causing inflammation. Xx

I used to be a binge/purge eater in my younger days and I always used to get the sore skin after I had pigged out. I'm skinny and assumed my skin was tender because it had been stretched from overeating. It made me feel ashamed at my pigging out, and was the trigger for the purge cycle beginning 😩
I’ve had to call in sick to work some days it’s been so bad! Can’t even function or use my brain properly, it’s so odd

After too much alcohol yes, I'm very intolerant to alcohol. Don't even drink anymore it's that bad the next day.

I get this after drinking and not even heavy drinking. I can only describe it to people as feeling like I’ve been beaten up - I feel bruised all over!

Reactions: 2
Interest a lot of others have it after just drinking. In my original post I didn’t mean I thought the alcohol causes it, i meant on a hangover I usually eat a lot throughout the day that seems to cause it as the days I consciously try not to, I don’t get the pain and the puffiness etc