Anyone else suffer from TMJ?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have suffered from TMJ for around 15 years now, but since Thursday my jaw has been locked on one side and nothing is easing it up!

Luckily I can still open my mouth wide enough to eat, but it's painful and annoying.

I've tried hot/cold compress, I've tried ibuprofen, I have a nightguard I've tried but it makes me tense my jaw even more!

Anyone had any luck with this sort of thing and can help a gal out please?

I suffer with TMJ

I had the same happen a few years back. It eventually went on its own after a couple of days.

All I can suggest is pain and soft food

I have one side of my jaw that is rarely slack, sometimes to the point I can't manage a banana or over filled sandwich. Could you book in for a neck/shoulder massage? This sometimes helps me. Hope you feel better soon.

Like someone suggested above, massage also eases my pain (usually neck and shoulder). A friend of mine has mentioned once that a head massage really helped soothe her jaw tension.

Has anyone had botox in their jaw for TMJ?
I wear a mouth guard at night but it isn’t helping so not sure where to turn next..

I wear a mouth guard at night but it isn’t helping so not sure where to turn next..
I have, but I couldn’t smile properly for weeks. It didn’t even help massively. Won’t get it again.

I have tried Botox mainly to reduce jaw muscles and didn't think it helped but now I stopped getting it, I've definitely noticed the difference, woke up a few times grinding my teeth and my jaw definitely feeling tighter. Didn't have any issues with smiling with Botox really.

However it is quite expensive so it's not really sustainable for me

I don't but my friend has TMJ for years and she had a bit of an overbite, got that fixed and it helped tremendously so if you have an over or underbite it could be a possible cause.

I don't but my friend has TMJ for years and she had a bit of an overbite, got that fixed and it helped tremendously so if you have an over or underbite it could be a possible cause.
That’s interesting I do have an overbite on one side!

I used to have tmj really bad to the point I was considering botox. After a hospital visit and many relaxant drugs later the only thing I have found to ease my tmj is taking a strong magnesium supplement. Barely have any pain now and haven't had a flare up in around a year or so!

Reactions: 2
Recently I've had some weird stuff going on with what I think was my jaw. Like for a couple days whenever I was moving fast, e.g. walking or running, I felt weird clicking sensation in my mouth/head and I'm pretty sure it was my jaw 😑does that sound like tmj?