Anyone doing Dry January?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not me!!! 😂

We are trying to do a “no spend January” partly because....duhhh it’s January! And partly just trying to be more mindful about spending on crap we don’t absolutely need.

Reactions: 3
I'm not , my boyfriend is but I give it 2 weeks max , that's how long he lasted for go sober for October 🤨🙄😂

• Haha
Yea but only because I haven't made any plans so thought I might aswell.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been doing it for a couple of years and I stay teetotal up til around Easter, no particular reason other than I’m a bit of a lush the other 9 months and like to give my body a rest.

Reactions: 7
I am and I’m really struggling which is ridiculous! I’m starting a new job on Monday and want a clear head.

No I’m not doing it. Usually I rarely drink but I’ve had a few gins daily since before Christmas! I’ll do dry February instead 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I am and I’m really struggling which is ridiculous! I’m starting a new job on Monday and want a clear head.
Do you have a ‘witching hour’ where you would normally have a drink? , is that where you’re struggling?

Honestly , it gets easier and if you stick to it this time next week you’ll feel much better.

Stick with it and good luck with the job 😊

Do you have a ‘witching hour’ where you would normally have a drink? , is that where you’re struggling?

Honestly , it gets easier and if you stick to it this time next week you’ll feel much better.

Stick with it and good luck with the job 😊
Ah thanks! My friends are just too social and I live in a house share with 6 people that all LOVE a drink so I’m being super antisocial and avoiding them ... I think I need to get a hobby 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ah thanks! My friends are just too social and I live in a house share with 6 people that all LOVE a drink so I’m being super antisocial and avoiding them ... I think I need to get a hobby 🤦🏼‍♀️
I can see why you’re struggling, that would test any of us 😁. You can only give it your best shot but starting a new job is a good incentive to avoid the wine for a week or two at least , good luck!

• Heart
Nope. This will sound bad, but I find it surprising that some people struggle to even go one month without alcohol. I've never been a big drinker though, even as a teenager, I think because people in my family had alcohol issues so it put me off.

No but I'm cutting down. I'm only 19 and have been on the verge of becoming an alcoholic. So far I've not drank since New Years Day...I'm meant to be going on a night out on the 13th so trying to stay sober till then. It's so hard though and I know thats bad to say that :cry:

Reactions: 4
I've got about 10 bottles of wine for Christmas. I just cant leave them alone. Also alot of bottles of beer and chocolates. Zero will power here 😫
Have to say both times I've been pregnant I've not had an issue giving the wine up, I'm just a greedy chuff with zero will power.

We’re doing it because we just can’t help ourselves usually. Never just a “couple of drinks” with our friends. We just need to do it to try and be a bit healthier, have a clearer head and save a bit of money! We’ve decided to hibernate and binge on Netflix.