Anyone been through accelerated possession order?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm currently going through this after section 21 (no fault eviction)was served. I have somewhere to move to but the housing association are keeping me waiting!

I'm just wondering how long it takes to get the outright possession order. Yesterday was the deadline for me to submit a defence. I've had legal advice but I have no legal grounds for defence. The landlord is perfectly within his rights (even if he's being unreasonable). I have explained to the letting agent that I have been offered a housing association property but they are keeping me waiting.

I just need a rough idea of the timeline as I've ordered Carpets so I'm hoping the outright order won't be served until the beginning of next month.

Last edited:
Hi. I’m a solicitor. You will be waiting ages. I would say another 4-8 weeks from now you’ll receive a possession order giving you 14 days to leave. But this could be longer depending on how busy your local court is. You can stay in the property after the date for possession, and your landlord will then have to apply for a warrant of eviction which is when the bailiffs will attend the property to change the locks. This will take another 6-8 weeks but the whole process may be a lot slower depending on the court.

I’d say you definitely will be there until next month and likely a lot longer than that!

Also be aware you will be ordered to pay costs within the same order as the possession order.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi. I’m a solicitor. You will be waiting ages. I would say another 4-8 weeks from now you’ll receive a possession order giving you 14 days to leave. But this could be longer depending on how busy your local court is. You can stay in the property after the date for possession, and your landlord will then have to apply for a warrant of eviction which is when the bailiffs will attend the property to change the locks. This will take another 6-8 weeks but the whole process may be a lot slower depending on the court.

I’d say you definitely will be there until next month and likely a lot longer than that!

Also be aware you will be ordered to pay costs within the same order as the possession order.
Thanks for replying, yeah I've been advised I have to pay his costs.
As soon as housing association hand me the keys and I've painted the house I'll be out of there. I work in a school so really hoping to move during half term. The house is still managed by the letting agents so do I just tell them when I finally have my moving date and will they refund any rent if I have overpaid?

Last edited:
He should pay it back but speak to the agent and see if you can pay weekly.

Reactions: 1
How are you getting on?
I've not yet had anything back from the courts and still haven't got keys to my HA house, hopefully I'll get them this weekend. It's been delayed because the contractors are slow at handing back void properties . It's incredibly stressful as I really need to move out during half term as I work in a school. Thanks for asking ☺

Reactions: 1