Anyone been on a game show?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting I was just reading this thread on reddit last night, someone asked the same question! Loads of people that have been on the chase and deal or no deal. So interesting to hear their experiences

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes! I was on a BBC show "No Win No Fee" presented by Paul Ross. I got through to the 2nd round, and then lost out. It was in 2001, so before social media. I told nobody except my Mum and the in-laws. I went into work the next day, and this guy said to me Morning and winked at me. I thought he was being very friendly! He then said he had taken a day off sick the previous day, and was watching daytime TV; and up I pop on the TV. I said I am so sorry, after 3 years and your first sick day and you want to forget about work, and my ugly mug pops up on the TV! Another colleague was on maternity leave, and saw me! It was all round the company in no time. My cousin also saw me, said she was changing the duvet at the time, obviously did not want to say she was watching daytime TV with a cuppa and a biscuit! Just recently came across the recording during my clear out.... It was a fun experience!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Didn't manage to get on but my sister and I made it to the final auditions for Coach Trip (either 2nd or 3rd series, I can't remember now).

Reactions: 4
No. But I’d be great on that music thing Rochelle and Marvin do on bbc 1😂 always know the answers 👏

Reactions: 7
I was on Fifteen to One a few years ago (the Sandi Toksvig reboot, not the William G Stewart one). They filmed three episodes and day and it took a loooooooooong time, Sandi was given a chair each time they went to a break or had to change cameras etc but we had to stand behind our podiums the whole time when not in between whole episodes. The other contestants were really really nice and it felt mean to have to nominate! I didn't get into the final for any of the three episodes I was in, which is probably a mercy.

When I worked in Selfridges beauty halls. I was approached to be on Blind date. I said no... But one lady who was quite a character agreed and she appeared on the show. That's the closest I've ever got :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes! "The Generation Game" many, many years ago. I was quite young at the time and the whole experience was just something else. My mates were well jealous and we featured in a local paper.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not quite on one but we went to see Gladiators be filmed twice when I was about 8/9. We were always down at the front so were on camera a few times and got to meet all the Gladiators. I was a Jet fan and my brother a Wolf fan. They were so nice!

On my OE I worked for a lady who was a career contestant (appeared on everything) and won big. She went on a show called Deal or No Deal, and then Wheel of Fortune, within a year of each other (what are the chances?!), and took the top prizes. Then she won the Oz Lotto as part of a syndicate and gifted her employees a week to Las Vegas with $5k spending money! She was so lucky. Sadly, she committed suicide a year or so ago.

• Sad
I am desperately trying to get onto who wants to be a millionaire

Yes I have. It was called Fanorama and Claudia winkleman was the host and my team captain was David Mitchell. This was just before Peep Show. I was 18 and so awkward and not forgetting dressed as Britney in full baby one more time outfit.
We didn’t win but they gave me the prizes anyway.

Not me personally, but the Scottish guy who was on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and there was the whole hoo-haa with the ibex questions (Jermery Clarkson told him he was correct when he wasn't) is my best friends brother-in-law. His friends and family have never let him live it down and he's often given daft ibex related gifts like calendars and mugs 😂

It was so weird seeing him on TV. He's a really outgoing and charasmatic person, but you could see he was riddled with nerves! Ever since, his Facebook profile pic has a still on his shocked face the moment he realised he was wrong.

Attachments

• Haha
Did anyone else desperately want to go on Fun House as a child? Or am I showing my age?! :unsure:😬

• Heart
Reactions: 15