Anybody else have issues with Hermes delivery?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made an order on Saturday for next day delivery. It was supposed to be delivered between 1-3pm, then they cancelled and said it was rescheduled for 5-7pm yesterday evening, but never came. They then sent a message to say 'we tried to deliver but nobody was home' or something like that. It was obviously BS as I was home all day. They said they would deliver next working day, which is today, but the message has remained the same and no update on the tracking service. I ordered from ASOS. Should I contact Hermes or ASOS for updates on parcel and find out what's going on?

Reactions: 1
I made an order on Saturday for next day delivery. It was supposed to be delivered between 1-3pm, then they cancelled and said it was rescheduled for 5-7pm yesterday evening, but never came. They then sent a message to say 'we tried to deliver but nobody was home' or something like that. It was obviously BS as I was home all day. They said they would deliver next working day, which is today, but the message has remained the same and no update on the tracking service. I ordered from ASOS. Should I contact Hermes or ASOS for updates on parcel and find out what's going on?
Contact Hermes.

have you got the Hermes app on your phone? It’s handy. You can see the status of the delivery etc

Contact Hermes.

have you got the Hermes app on your phone? It’s handy. You can see the status of the delivery etc
No I don't have the app. Can I just download the app and enter tracking number? Been trying to track via the email I received, but nothing has changed. Odd.

Hermes are the worst. Constantly delivered to wrong addresses for my home so I won’t do home delivery now if I know they’re the courier.

I ordered two things for click and collect last week to a local parcel shop, one from ASOS and one from beauty bay. They were delivered on the same day and the ASOS one was delivered to the right shop but for some reason the beauty bay one was taken to a different parcel shop and the tracking didn’t show this so I didn’t have it for the day I wanted it as it took me a couple of days to track it down. No clue why they “couldn’t” deliver it to my chosen parcel shop but could deliver the ASOS one there 🙄

Reactions: 2
Yea, download the app and put all your details in and check the tracking for the parcel.
Ok, so I went via Hermes but they have no contact number. Their only contact number is for sending parcels. On my email I have tracked it and the same thing. I don't understand why their customer service Is so limited.

Hermes are the worst. Constantly delivered to wrong addresses for my home so I won’t do home delivery now if I know they’re the courier.

I ordered two things for click and collect last week to a local parcel shop, one from ASOS and one from beauty bay. They were delivered on the same day and the ASOS one was delivered to the right shop but for some reason the beauty bay one was taken to a different parcel shop and the tracking didn’t show this so I didn’t have it for the day I wanted it as it took me a couple of days to track it down. No clue why they “couldn’t” deliver it to my chosen parcel shop but could deliver the ASOS one there 🙄
Is it worth contacting ASOS? I've paid out nearly £60 for no delivery. Taking the piss.

Occasionally. Bugs me when you’re not in so they just dump it somewhere random (like a wheelie bin that’s out for collection) or lie and say they gave it to you.

I had a Next delivery whilst I was at work a few weeks ago so no one was in the house yet the Hermes driver said the parcel had been handed to a receptionist 🤣

I would contact ASOS. It’s almost impossible to get through to a real person at Hermes!

Ok, so I went via Hermes but they have no contact number. Their only contact number is for sending parcels. On my email I have tracked it and the same thing. I don't understand why their customer service Is so limited.

Is it worth contacting ASOS? I've paid out nearly £60 for no delivery. Taking the piss.
Hermes outsource the delivery to local courier companies, that’s why they don’t bother with an actual customer service number etc

it will probably arrive tomorrow. If not, contact ASOS and complain?

Never have a problem with Hermes but the lad in our area is decent. It will probably turn up next day.

Hermes outsource the delivery to local courier companies, that’s why they don’t bother with an actual customer service number etc

it will probably arrive tomorrow. If not, contact ASOS and complain?
I contacted ASOS and they chased it up. they basically said that it's out for delivery today, so see what happens. I usually get my stuff from stores that use DPD as they are reliable, so never dealt with Hermes before, as far as I can remember anyway.

Hermes are an utter disaster, although I have to give credit where it's due. Our current driver is great. I still won't order from anywhere that use Hermes as their courier though.

Reactions: 3
I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago (asos order too). It was eventually delivered four days after it was originally out for delivery and left in my safe place. No idea wtf happened but my guess is that the courier didn't actually bother trying to deliver it during the days they claimed they did (got the "sorry you weren't in" email three times) or ran out of time for the day so sacked it off until they could be arsed to do it.

Hermes support is awful and they'll fob you off. Go directly to asos and they will investigate or sort it out themselves. It should turn up, just not ideal when you've paid for next day delivery.

Reactions: 3
OMG - Hermes. Don’t get me started. They’re a nightmare. Every time I see a parcel is coming with Hermes I let out a huge sigh. You know it’s going to be a balls-up.

I had a £400 laptop stolen once. Another parcel was 4 days late this week.

Today I was expecting some clothing. They didn’t give me a time slot. It’s Sod’s law that it arrived when I was out. Hermes refused to leave the parcel and said there wasn’t a safe place to leave it.. uhhh? The driveway? Behind the wheelie bins? Chuck it over the fence? 🙄

I don’t want to jinx myself but my Hermes man is amazing 😬 I’m in N.I though...not that it should or would make a difference

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago (asos order too). It was eventually delivered four days after it was originally out for delivery and left in my safe place. No idea wtf happened but my guess is that the courier didn't actually bother trying to deliver it during the days they claimed they did (got the "sorry you weren't in" email three times) or ran out of time for the day so sacked it off until they could be arsed to do it.

Hermes support is awful and they'll fob you off. Go directly to asos and they will investigate or sort it out themselves. It should turn up, just not ideal when you've paid for next day delivery.
Yeah it's ridiculous isn't it. The most reliable delivery company for me is DPD. They are always great.

We had a Hermes driver for a while who was really good - she would come within the given time bracket and try a neighbour or come back if we were out. We got chatting around Christmas and she looked and sounded awful - she was under so much pressure to deliver, she was getting abuse from customers and her boss sounded worse than useless. Haven’t seen her for a while

I've had NIGHTMARE experiences with Hermes 😂 one bit of advice is don't even bother trying to contact Hermes as you won't get through to a person, contact the company directly. I've had some awful experiences! One where my parcel was never delivered, I contacted Bo & Tee who I ordered through and I did get a refund but Hermes argued they had delivered it as there system showed the car was in my area at the correct time, luckily B&T believed me! Another time Hermes sent a delivery picture... Of the wrong house!!! Luckily I also got a refund from ASOS. Moral of the story is I can't stand Hermes 😂