Any strange coincidences people?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looked at this forum but couldn’t find any.

I once had a unbelievable coincidence once and it’s 100% true & id like to hear yours!!

on a particular hectic week we had booked a holiday to Newquay but had to attend a wedding in the Yorkshire Dales on the Saturday. So on Friday we made the long trip up north but not before a spot of breakfast in a cafe. At the table at the side of us was a young couple with a small baby who we didn’t take much notice of but I picked up the babies dummy when she’d dropped it.
They left and so did we afew minutes after.

about 3 hours into the journey we decided to have a break and nip into McDonald’s in a service station. And about 3 tables down from us, was the young couple from breakfast earlier! We noticed one another and smiled in acknowledgement. Anyway it gets weirder!!
We finished our trip and we’re stopping at my husbands uncles house in a small Yorkshire dale village called Kettlewell as the wedding was in a neighbourhood village, anyone who knows Kettlewell will know its remote and not much there, we nipped into the local pub for tea and guess who walks in? Yes the young couple from earlier! Absolutely unbelievable! Turns out they lived up there and it was their favourite pub. We are still close family friends now!

anyone else have any??

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
I won’t say the name, but there’s a very common name that my parents used to say they would’ve used if they had a son. I always loved the name too & named one of my large, grandmother made, Cabbage Patch like dolls this name. Fast forward 14 yrs & I met a handsome man...turns out that’s his name. Wasn’t a surprise, since again so common. About 10 yrs into marriage I came across the birth certificate from that doll. Turns out my husband & the doll not only had the same 1st name, but also the same middle name! That was a bit eerie to see. I was all of 11 when I named the doll.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
When I was pregnant with my youngest, we hadn't found out the sex, I was in a lift in town with my mum and this old lady and her husband came in, the lady glanced at my bump and said to my mum, are you looking forward to having a granddaughter? We just laughed, 6 weeks later I popped out my daughter!!

• Wow
Reactions: 34
When I was about 13 I went on holiday in the south of France and met these three lads from Essex. I’m from Yorkshire.
About 2 years later I went on holiday to Florida and bumped into the three same lads in the queue for a water slide at wet and wild.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 93
I had three in relatively quick succession when I was young, free and single.

I'm from Cheshire originally and, years ago, at my work Christmas do at a hotel in town, there were some guys up from Oxford on a conference. I ended up spending the night with one of them in his room. Left really early in the morning and didn't swap numbers or anything (first one night stand I'd ever had)

Four months later, I go to Blackpool on a work piss up weekend and the first bar we walked into (Yates' 😂) I see the lad from Oxford on a balcony. I completely freaked out. My mate kept saying "it can't be him" but I was convinced it was. Anyway, he was also at the club we went to later and she just marched up to him and asked him if he'd been at that hotel at Christmas time. He said yes. And then she introduced us (again) We has a quick chat but there was no repeat performance 😂 When we got back to our room, me & my friend were just lying on this double bed repeating "what are the chances of that?" (we were both big Harry Hill fans at the time)

A few months later, I had a bad breakup and it gave me the push to move to a new town in the Midlands miles away into shared house. There was still one spare room and, the week after I moved in, a girl from North Wales starts renting the other room. Anyway, it turned out, she not only knew my ex but had been best mates with his sister all the way through school! There were a few coincidences surrounding the new job I moved for too - the interview was at a football stadium (as my new employer sponsored the ground) and my ex had laid the turf there, after the interview, I got a fax through to me at my existing job from a customer but it was addressed to me with my new employers name underneath (by mistake) and then one of the guys in the office had been to a roadshow and walked in one day with a bag big with my new employers name on it. The same mate from Blackpool was convinced they were all signs I should take the job 😂

Finally, before I moved, I'd gone out in Liverpool (with the same mate) and had a one night stand back at her place on the Wirral with a really hot lad from Liverpool. I'd stupidly agreed to drive him home in the morning which took me hours out of my way. Met his mum briefly when she opened the door, looked me up and down and said "so you're the reason he didn't come home last night" 😳 Fast forward a year and I'd gone in my new town and started chatting with a lad from Liverpool. He asked if I knew anyone from Liverpool and I jokingly mentioned this one night stand's nickname and the lad said "I know him". Told him I didn't believe him but he then reeled off his full name, where he lived, with his mum, and where he went out most weekends. Next day, I rang my mate and said "I met this lad from Liverpool last night...." and straight away, she said "He doesn't" and I was like "yep". Cue more "what are the chances of that happening" ad Infinitum 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I went to Berlin a few years ago with my friend. We went to art galleries, museums, the TV Tower etc and everyday for 4 days we saw the same family of 6, wherever we went!! We never spoke with them as we heard them talking and they were Dutch. We couldn't believe the coincidence but stranger still, we even saw them near our gate at the airport to go home to different countries!! Silly coincidence but I remember it well 😊😊

Reactions: 15
Slightly different to meeting the same people over but I did something weird once. I was at an event with my old job one Christmas - a community event for families. At the end, we helped the organiser to pack things away and put large amounts of wrapping paper (from Santa) into black bin liners. Then someone from our group lost her ring. Somehow I knew where it was, walked outside to the large bin with around 50 black bags, pulled one out, opened it up and there was the ring. I have no idea how I did it!

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Met two Danish brothers in a Belgian festival, got a drunken photo with them and thought nothing of it.

Four months later, I’m in another festival in Croatia and they’re camped in the tent literally next to us. Showed them the photo of us together and we’ve been good friends ever since.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
My brother and his wife had a baby a few months ago. They picked the only two names my husband and I had picked for my daughter had she been a boy! We never told anyone what she would have been called so I couldn’t believe it when we were told what my nephew was called!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
We went on holiday this year to menorca, my son is in the swimming pool and shouts he is playing with his friend from school. Sure as anything, his friend from school was at the same hotel as us.

We've also met a family who lived 2 streets away from us, whilst on a Mediterranean cruise.

Reactions: 14
I went to a tiny Primary school in Wales, 10-12 pupils in a year...it was lovely. Anyway there were twin boys In the year above me and I never really saw them again past the age of 13.

Fast forward to my early 20’s I went inter railing around Europe , went to see the Berlin Wall and a small museum adjacent. You can sign a guestbook as you’re leaving, I happened to flick back a day and the last entry was from the twins I went to Primary school with. So bizarre!

• Wow
Reactions: 27
We went on holiday this year to menorca, my son is in the swimming pool and shouts he is playing with his friend from school. Sure as anything, his friend from school was at the same hotel as us.

We've also met a family who lived 2 streets away from us, whilst on a Mediterranean cruise.
Same thing happened to us with the school friend !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Most of my coincidences seem to involve places , but here's the strangest.

When I was 18 I moved from a teeny tiny rural village near the Cotswolds , to Bournemouth to be with my dad. The population of that village was something like 1500. I had lived there all my life and it was time to move on.
I was working in a beauty salon in Bournemouth and one day I was reading my client list and there was this name of a woman having a spray tan with me , I remember thinking to myself I went to school with a girl with that name ...... But quicky dismissed the idea as really what's the odds. But that girl stuck in my mind as her mum used to work for Cadbury and one day she had come over to play and her mum brought round a huge box of Cadbury whisper gold ( they were new at the time and just about to launch them ) .
When the woman come in for her spray tan , I didn't recognize her as the girl I went to school with , so I told her I went to school with someone with her name , she immediately said omg I thought I recognized you ..... Yes indeed it was the girl I went to school with 10+years before ! Her parents had moved to Dorset as she had finished primary school and was working in an insurance office 20 ft away from the beauty salon !
We never did keep in touch , I often kick myself this king we should have

Reactions: 14
My parents went on holiday once and met another couple
we have an unusual surname but not so unusual first names
this couple not only had the shortened version of our surname-they also had the same names as my parents
their birthdays where the same months as my parents
if that wasn’t odd enough im the eldest and only girl
I have 3 brothers (last two are twins)
this couple had 4 kids-one girl three boys (not twins tho) who had the same names as us!and we where the same ages!
id just had a baby girl and named her-their daughter had her heart set on the same name (one letter different in babies middle name-think Louisa/Louise)for her baby who was due 2 months after me popping mine out
then (just to really freak my dad out some more) my parents live in a street that is named after a village about 30 miles from where they live I.e 60 village street
this couple lived in this village-and had the same house number

My dad was that freaked out he refused to ever speak of it again
my mother stayed in touch and she meets up with them every Christmas!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
We (husband and I) rented a flat in kind-of retirement street. We were the youngest living there. Anyway, previously we rented a place in Ealing while my husband was at uni - Castlebar road flat.
Got talking to my neighbour who lived in the retirement street and she mentioned she used to live in Ealing and was living on Castlebar road flat, I asked her what number flat she was - the same exact one we were renting. She moved out and put the place up for rent and we moved into her old place just after her.
How strange is that?!

Reactions: 17
I was having a conversation with a work colleague about where we was going on holiday in May half term. Turns out we were both heading to France but didnt say to each other what region
(her going fri to fri and us sat to sat).
Cut a long story short, we went to Disneyland Paris for a day trip and i bumped into her in a gift shop and i asked her where she was staying and it was at the same holiday park as us - we did see her the next day around the site.

Reactions: 12
I moved from east Anglia to Australia, started a new job and one of my colleagues recognised me from when we were at uni (I didn't remember her though).

Gosh, I love threads like these! Just makes me think of fate.

Reactions: 16
I went to Florida in November with my daughter, grandson and family friend. We went to reception to get I trolley tickets and my daughter said, I’m sure that’s Dan over there. I said don’t be silly, why would Dan be here . Dan is the son of my ex husbands army friend who we have known for 35 years and used to holiday together. She went over and sure enough it was Dan. I hadn’t seen him for at least 30 years although I kept track of him through social media. What are the chances of that, out of all the hotels in Orlando, he should be in our one at the same time. I was so happy to see him again.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
my next door neighbour and best friend moved to Aus with her family when we were about 5/6. Saw her a few times over the years (she always called round when they visited the uk- her grandparents lived in the same village still)
Fast forward to uni, I was chatting to an Australian girl on my course (really specific masters degree in the north of England, with about 13 people enrolled), mentioned my neighbours name.. turns out she lived next door to them in Australia! So spooky!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26