Any idea what could be happening?! (Women’s health/ period related)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sooo I started my period on Wednesday morning which is the exact date I was due! I have always had consistent cycles fairly light periods no cramps only lasting 3 days. However this month I had stronger than average cramps starting from Monday, my period has been very light but I have only finished this afternoon. Also since finishing I have had a headache, feeling sick and stronger abdominal cramps and pain in the middle of my back where my waist is! This is very unusual for me as my periods have always been the same ever since I first started! Any clues what could be happening?

Sooo I started my period on Wednesday morning which is the exact date I was due! I have always had consistent cycles fairly light periods no cramps only lasting 3 days. However this month I had stronger than average cramps starting from Monday, my period has been very light but I have only finished this afternoon. Also since finishing I have had a headache, feeling sick and stronger abdominal cramps and pain in the middle of my back where my waist is! This is very unusual for me as my periods have always been the same ever since I first started! Any clues what could be happening?
Have you been vaccinated recently? I’ve heard so many stories and have experienced myself that the first period after you get vaccinated is like hell

Reactions: 2
This happens to me once in a blue moon, I don’t think having one slightly different cycle is anything to be concerned about

Reactions: 3
This is my second period since I’ve been vaccinated the first one was normal!
I have no idea then :( I’ve always suffered really badly from pain when I’m on my period and it seems unusual that given you don’t normally have cramps you’re getting them now!! Just keep an eye on it and if it keeps happening maybe see a doctor to check everything’s okay but they can be influenced by so many things it could just be a one off

I have no idea then :( I’ve always suffered really badly from pain when I’m on my period and it seems unusual that given you don’t normally have cramps you’re getting them now!! Just keep an eye on it and if it keeps happening maybe see a doctor to check everything’s okay but they can be influenced by so many things it could just be a one off
Just concerned as it is very unusual for me I’m normally like clockwork!

Just concerned as it is very unusual for me I’m normally like clockwork!
I would say if you’re concerned about it then there’s no harm in making a doctors appointment just to speak about it, you know your own body better than anyone at the end of the day and if you feel somethings not right then it’s definitely worth checking, I’m nearly 100% sure it’ll be nothing but if it’ll put your mind at ease I’d definitely suggest speaking to a doctor! Most places are offering phone appointments/consultations now because of covid so you wouldn’t even have to go in!!

I would say if you’re concerned about it then there’s no harm in making a doctors appointment just to speak about it, you know your own body better than anyone at the end of the day and if you feel somethings not right then it’s definitely worth checking, I’m nearly 100% sure it’ll be nothing but if it’ll put your mind at ease I’d definitely suggest speaking to a doctor! Most places are offering phone appointments/consultations now because of covid so you wouldn’t even have to go in!!
Yeah I think I will speak to a doctor about it just to put my mind at ease! Thank you for taking the time to reply! X

Reactions: 1
If your concerned then see your GP. It’s always worth exploring.
The two may not be linked? Maybe your coming down with something?
My periods are like clockwork but every now and then I’ll get a really heavy one or really light one.

It could be the vax. The first one being normal would depend on when it was after you had it, but after 3 months you would be back to normal anyway because the immune system would be settled again after being triggered.

I also don’t know how old you are, but mine has always been exactly like yours. 28 days, 3 days on, light and no big deal. But I did have two episodes of extreme pain, nausea and abdominal cramps so painful I nearly passed out about 2 years ago and it turned out to be fibroids. I’d exercised my way into ‘very close to the onset of early menopause’ according to my doctor. Anyway, I never had them removed, I just calmed down my exercise regime and now I’m fine again. If you have the same scenario next month, go to the GP, but you’d know if it was because it would feel like your reproductive organs are being squeezed and sex feels really uncomfortable too.

It could be the vax. The first one being normal would depend on when it was after you had it, but after 3 months you would be back to normal anyway because the immune system would be settled again after being triggered.

I also don’t know how old you are, but mine has always been exactly like yours. 28 days, 3 days on, light and no big deal. But I did have two episodes of extreme pain, nausea and abdominal cramps so painful I nearly passed out about 2 years ago and it turned out to be fibroids. I’d exercised my way into ‘very close to the onset of early menopause’ according to my doctor. Anyway, I never had them removed, I just calmed down my exercise regime and now I’m fine again. If you have the same scenario next month, go to the GP, but you’d know if it was because it would feel like your reproductive organs are being squeezed and sex feels really uncomfortable too.
I had the vaccine then I think it was around 4/5 days later I had my period which was due!
Oh wow! I do exercise around 4 days a week but I am not in any pain the way you have described!

Is there any chance you could be pregnant?
Me and my partner haven’t been using contraception and I did question this but I have just had a period so assumed that ruled it out?

Me and my partner haven’t been using contraception and I did question this but I have just had a period so assumed that ruled it out?
Unfortunately not - unless you knew the exact time you ovulated. It could have been implantation bleeding. Might be worthwhile taking a test 🙂

I had the vaccine then I think it was around 4/5 days later I had my period which was due!
Oh wow! I do exercise around 4 days a week but I am not in any pain the way you have described!

Yeah that would have been too soon for the vax to affect the first month, but could still be that for the third month. Maybe see how it is next month.