Any dentists out there?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had both top wisdom teeth out and both had twisted & extra roots meaning they grew sideways and into my cheek 🥴🤯
The past few weeks I’ve had an aching jaw and struggling to brush my top back tooth on one side.
I’ve had a look this morning to discover my tooth is growing into my cheek again and the whole tooth is actually sideways 😫😫
I’m assuming it’s gonna need removing but I think the other side is eventually going to do the same!!

Why does this happen?? And why now?!
Also, tips on pain management would be grand 👍🏻

I'm not a dentist sorry, BUT! I have suffered with 4 very painful impacted Wisdom teeth. I'm also currently waiting on a Root canal which has now been moved to July o_O..

My dentist advised me for pain relief/infection relief:

- Rubbing Clove Oil neat on to your gums (Tastes RANK but really works!)
- Luke Warm Salt water rinses (Also helps with infection!)
- Corsodol (Not spelt right sorry!) light rinses
- Rinsing dis-solvable Aspirin around your mouth and spitting it out

I hope this provides some pain relief to you.. Just in case you can do so to, when my dentist rang to postpone my appointment, he asked me how I was feeling and prescribed me some antibiotics on a repeat basis to cover me over this lockdown period whilst I'm waiting for my treatment

Nope, there's no dentists out there! My filling fell out on Monday and when I rang my dental surgery I was advised that no treatment is being undertaken. Unless it is an emergency which is that you have difficulty breathing, and even then there is only the option of having antibiotics or the tooth extracted. Received advice to buy temporary filling repair kit from chemist, but just rang over 20 chemists and all sold out.

Nope, there's no dentists out there! My filling fell out on Monday and when I rang my dental surgery I was advised that no treatment is being undertaken. Unless it is an emergency which is that you have difficulty breathing, and even then there is only the option of having antibiotics or the tooth extracted. Received advice to buy temporary filling repair kit from chemist, but just rang over 20 chemists and all sold out.
Have a look in supermarkets and boots etc. I have bought them in Sainsburys and Tesco before. If not with the toothpaste they sometimes put them in the travel section

Sorry I’ve only just seen these replies!!!
the pain is no where near as bad now thankfully and I did try all of the above and nothing worked!
Both back molars are now growing sideways and into my cheek! Ouch!
Rang my dentist and they couldn’t do anything. I’m hoping that the pain will stay away and only give me jip every now and again until they can help 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Thanks guys 🥰

no idea if good but might help

Reactions: 1

no idea if good but might help
Thanks for that. I managed to get one from Lloyd's pharmacy yesterday. Tried it, and most fell out but a tiny bit has remained the hole. I'm so anxious that it's going to get infected and painful. Fed up of constantly eating food on opposite side! Hey ho

I have the same right now. Can't wait until the dentist is open again! Some days I forget about it and others it's quite sore.

Does anyone swear by the water jet toothpic things? I'm a sucker for falling for gadgets but I am intrigued...

Does anyone swear by the water jet toothpic things? I'm a sucker for falling for gadgets but I am intrigued...
Yes, I've got one and highly recommend them. Dentist says it's not a replacement to actual flossing but I love mine. First one I got was a portable model but it didn't last long, then got the mains wired waterpik and it's still going well.

Reactions: 2
My parents had one that I used to love using and I am considering buying one now.

I’ve had both top wisdom teeth out and both had twisted & extra roots meaning they grew sideways and into my cheek 🥴🤯
The past few weeks I’ve had an aching jaw and struggling to brush my top back tooth on one side.
I’ve had a look this morning to discover my tooth is growing into my cheek again and the whole tooth is actually sideways 😫😫
I’m assuming it’s gonna need removing but I think the other side is eventually going to do the same!!

Why does this happen?? And why now?!
Also, tips on pain management would be grand 👍🏻
Retired Dentist here.

They will need to be extracted when this virus thing is under control. This usually happens due to no room to erupt correctly, so they find a way. Try to keep as clean as possible, after you eat, if you can't brush swish water vigorously to loosen any food or debri. You could swish there with some peroxide mixed in water too.

Water piks work great.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Retired Dentist here.

They will need to be extracted when this virus thing is under control. This usually happens due to no room to erupt correctly, so they find a way. Try to keep as clean as possible, after you eat, if you can't brush swish water vigorously to loosen any food or debri. You could swish there with some peroxide mixed in water too.

Water piks work great.
Thank you!!! I know they are going to need to be removed 😩

Thank you again you legend! ❣