Anxiety symptoms

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone. Just wanted some opinions from anyone who has suffered from anxiety before. I wanted to know what kind of physical symptoms you experienced. I keep feeling short of breath but it's an all day thing rather than like a full on panic attack. I don't know if it's anxiety related or if there's something wrong with my health.

Hey! my symptoms can vary, often feel exhausted, palpitations, butterflies in stomach, nausea.
How long have yoh felt this way?Could it possibly be corona virus? Xx

Reactions: 2
Not coronavirus thankfully, I have no other symptoms of that. It's just that every so often I feel like I can't breathe, especially when I'm trying to fall asleep at night. It's so horrible and I just want it to go away. Xx

I find my symptoms vary in what manifests and how severe it is. Physically I get shortness of breath, heart palpitations, get shaky. Insomnia is the worst one though. These kinds of things can last all day, especially if the anxiety isn’t resolved. When I’m having a bad episode I usually go for a walk with some music or do some gentle yoga to focus the breathing until I figure out the source or my anxiety.

Reactions: 1
Mine are similar to what some have said already - adrenaline rush, pacing heart rate, insomnia, shortness of breath, sometimes I zone out from the situation happening in the room too.

Thanks for the replies. I can literally feel a surge of adrenaline run through me before I get this breathless feeling. I didn't sleep at all last night because every time I was drifting off I'd jolt myself awake again

Thanks for the replies. I can literally feel a surge of adrenaline run through me before I get this breathless feeling. I didn't sleep at all last night because every time I was drifting off I'd jolt myself awake again
Oh I'm sorry. Do you know what's causing it? (I don't expect you to post it!) Have you looked into breathing exercises too? They help me.

Hi everyone. Just wanted some opinions from anyone who has suffered from anxiety before. I wanted to know what kind of physical symptoms you experienced. I keep feeling short of breath but it's an all day thing rather than like a full on panic attack. I don't know if it's anxiety related or if there's something wrong with my health.
Shortness of breathe, sweating hands and feet, tingling of the lips and face ( like pins and needles in my face) vomiting

If it is anxiety, it may have manifested from the uncertainty around coronavirus and everything that comes with it (loved ones, jobs, economy etc). I have been feeling the same - previously, I knew I was feeling anxious because I’d feel sick and not be able to eat, I’d unconsciously bite my lip, fidget and ‘zone out’ a lot. But in the past few weeks I’ve experienced the shortness of breath too, my chest feels really tight and I can hear my heart beating loudly - especially at night. Hope you feel better soon lovely x

For me it’s a racing heart, I get the shakes, I feel quite faint like the world is spinning and I can’t get off (if that makes sense). Shortness of breath which can sometimes be accompanied by what feels like my blood is on fire. Sometimes my stomach will cramp up and I’ll get the nervous shits too, that’s a fun one 🙃 Sometimes I experience them all in one, other times it’s one or two symptoms. Breathing exercises help me along with talking about whatever may be bothering me (if I know what’s triggered it). X

I get a lump in my throat, I'm very teary, can't concentrate, feel fidgety, pins and needles, sweaty, heart palpatations, shallow breathing and feel like I can't breath, stomach issues. To mention few...

I get the jolting back from sleep. With me it is definitely anxiety. When I'm very anxious the breathing thing is with me all day every day. Have a look at Headspace app and a book called Making friends with anxiety.

For me it’s a racing heart, I get the shakes, I feel quite faint like the world is spinning and I can’t get off (if that makes sense). Shortness of breath which can sometimes be accompanied by what feels like my blood is on fire. Sometimes my stomach will cramp up and I’ll get the nervous shits too, that’s a fun one 🙃 Sometimes I experience them all in one, other times it’s one or two symptoms. Breathing exercises help me along with talking about whatever may be bothering me (if I know what’s triggered it). X
Ah nothing like a good old bout of the adrenaline shits to bring you crashing back to reality!

But in regards to the original posters symptoms - best to speak to your GP to rule anything out that isn't anxiety related but I will say that since being diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder in 2011 I am still amazed that it can cause some of the weird symptoms it does.

Reactions: 3
I still don't really ever get classic 'panic attacks' but my main symptoms include stomach pain and/or a dropping feeling in the stomach, insomnia, heart palpitations plus general restlessness and inability to concentrate. This sounds super weird but I always know my anxiety is getting bad again when I start getting this urge to break/grind my bones to dust - I can't explain why it's that specifically but I guess it's just a kind of intrusive thought (that urge to just destroy yourself)?

Given the current world crisis, it's not surprising that it's having an impact on people's mental health. However, I would say that my anxiety is fairly under control right now which I'd put down my medication working - obviously it's not a solution for everyone but if you've noticed having similar symptoms in the past, it might be worth discussing medication with your GP. The reason I say that is because medication can take weeks to actually work but side effects can happen within days. Often it's a lot of trial and error io find what works for you (for example, I'm on my second medication and it took 3-4 months to get to my current dose) so I'd only recommend it if anxiety has been a persistent issue (at least, pre-pandemic), since anxiety is actually kind of a natural response right now.

I hope you're doing alright but obviously if you are concerned (especially with shortness of breath), definitely talk to your doctor if you can.

When i'm anxious I always get the feeling that I cant catch my breath, so then I keep trying to catch my breath, or to yawn, and it makes it ten times worse.

Reactions: 1
When i'm anxious I always get the feeling that I cant catch my breath, so then I keep trying to catch my breath, or to yawn, and it makes it ten times worse.
I get this too. I’ve had it constantly for like 2 months now 😭😂 try looking up alternate nostril breathing. It does help mine 💘

I get a sense of pure fear/panic through my body. My heart beats fast, and the feeling that something is wrong makes me panic even more which leads to me needing to catch my breath. Sometimes i get chest pains and then i panic and think i am going to die.

Other times I am just sitting watching tv or talking to someone and i just feel like i cannot concentrate on what is happening. My eyes feel tired, and they can't focus properly.

Recently I've had a weird feeling on my left side of my stomach under my left rib. It feels uncomfortable, like something is pushing on my rib or something that shouldn't be there. The more i think about it the worse it is obviously. I've had it before, but if I'm not focusing on it then it goes away.

Anxiety affects everyone so differently.

I get a real sense of dread. I get a sort of lump / weird feeling in my throat and chest and also I tend to feel like my heart is racing.

I have had severe bouts of depression coupled with anxiety and I can become manic. Obsessing over things, feeling out of control and manic. I am fairly certain I have a mild form of OCD too and anxiety really really sets it off. I can get false memories and really intrusive thoughts.

When I have depression I often feel like I can overcome it whereas with anxiety if it spirals I will always seek medical help for it. Purely because I find anxiety takes a physical toll on my body too x

I’ve suffered from anxiety for the last two years.

My symptoms started with me constantly feeling dizzy, sick, headache and like I was going to collapse at any given time. I was back and forth to the doctors for months with my mum as I honestly was convinced that something was seriously wrong. I was referred for an MRI brain scan to rule anything out, and it came back negative so it was all put down to anxiety.

I am on medication now which I feel like controls it, but I find if I’m in situations where I feel uneasy then I start to get clammy hands, feel really sick so I then start stressing that I’m going to be sick and it intensifies the feelings.