Anxiety around christmas support thread - financial, family situations etc.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Give yourself and your kids ( if you have any) the best present and get out of there people that love you don’t treat you like that x
when he chooses to bring it up, I just know for certain he will downplay it that it was barely anything that he didn't mean to it was jokey not aggressive. I don't know what to think, I feel like I'm blowing up over something minor but at the same time it has happened before and been dismissed. 😓

• Heart
Reactions: 1
when he chooses to bring it up, I just know for certain he will downplay it that it was barely anything that he didn't mean to it was jokey not aggressive. I don't know what to think, I feel like I'm blowing up over something minor but at the same time it has happened before and been dismissed. 😓
Please don't downplay it. I did for so many years and lost so many years. if it feels like abuse, it is. Just leave and don't look back. Wish I had done it years before as I know it affected my children even though he didnt hit them.. but there are more things in abuse than hitting

if you watch "The maid" you will understand more about downplaying it

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That’s how they operate twist it to make it like it’s your fault if it feels wrong to you then it usually is you don’t need to put up with that kind of treatment you don’t deserve it x

Is okay to park myself up in this thread?

I have struggled with Christmas massively this year. My grandpa died a few weeks ago, my daughter was born sleeping in September and my mental health is the pits. Sold my house and planned to move an hour away from my Mum so she isn’t talking to me and didn’t give us Christmas presents. I’m trying to distract myself by doing some packing while my son plays on his new kindle.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Bringing this thread back in case it's useful to anyone this year. Hope you're all hanging in there. I know I'm feeling quite fragile!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ll be glad when it’s all over.
Financially I am OK but it’s just me and my daughter so we go to my parents for the afternoon. I get a little down that it’s just us on the morning and back at home in the evening.

My siblings are going to my parents too and it’s my nieces first Christmas so I am looking forward to spending our day with her. She’s saved this year for me in a lot of ways.

• Heart
Oh what a sad thread. My husband died in 2003 at only 46 and the first Xmas I had without him was dreadful. My kids were only 16 and 18 and I wanted to make sure they had a good time. My parents were still alive and joined us on Xmas Eve, and stayed a few days.

The only advice I can provide is to think about others, be there for them. Pull yourself together and have as much fun as you can. It's not easy, but if you have a roof over your head and loved ones around you, then it's a good sign.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m not looking forward to Xmas this year and to be honest wish it wasn’t happening!
My son has to see his dad and his just being a nightmare saying it’s his Xmas and it’s not fair on him! He maintains that we need to move on as parents, I still have the scar on my head he left and that won’t disappear!
I also feel tit as me and my husband have just gone through ivf and it’s failed! Everywhere I go I manage to see babies and pregnant women!
We have my husbands dad over Xmas which I don’t mind but when your not in the mood to celebrate its hard trying to pretend your happy!
I would love to be a kid again at Xmas!!

• Heart
  • Sad
I’m really struggling to get into the spirit this year. I used to really enjoy Christmas but we lost a very dear member of our family very rapidly to cancer recently and it’s hit us all hard. The funeral was only a few short weeks ago and since then it’s just been all go while I’m still trying to process everything.

I’m trying to be a good mum, a good wife, and to make sure that everyone else has a lovely Christmas but inside I couldn’t care less and I feel empty. I keep crying on and off when I’m alone and I’m filled with irrational worries that are making me anxious to the point I can’t sleep well and feel tense all the time. Everyone’s been poorly too so it’s just the cherry on top of the (really crappy) cake tbh.

I’m not really looking for advice because I know that it’s grief and stress getting the better of me, I just had to get it off my chest somewhere. It’s hard to talk to the rest of the family about how I feel because the reality is that we’re all in the same boat. It’s just exhausting. I wish I could fast forward life to a point where we didn’t feel like this any longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m feeling very anxious about visiting family for a week and tensions between my partner and them. A close relative is ill, and I long to be a mum but am not one. It’s all hitting hard this year.

• Heart
I’ve got a good old fashioned cold - it’s got me good and proper
I’m worried about passing it on to my mum, who lives with us, as she’s on chemo
She’s using that first defence stuff, which has protected her in the past, but I’m worried she’ll be poorly over Christmas
It’s been one hell of a year and I was just looking forward to some downtime together!
Agghhhh

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Oh, @Millie2023 - that sucks, I'm so sorry. I'm sure you've done everything you can, & are ventilating as much as you can. I hope she escapes it, and that you're feeling much better in 24-48 hours!

• Heart
Thank you for your kindness last year, it actually went from bad to worse and I ended up in hospital 🙈
This year has been much better tho
❤
Hugs to anyone in need, who has had a bad Christmas this year xxx

• Heart