Anti Conspiracy Theories #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But the vast majority are in agreement on one side of the debate.
ETA: I don't mean this in a 'so there' way. Just that for me, I feel comfortable with my decisions based on knowing that it is in line with the consensus.
No I get it, and thank you for the clarification. It’s just so hard with so many opposing views from professionals to know whom to believe. Guess it comes down to resonance.

I am currently getting over covid, but not once have I wished I had had the vaccine, however I can appreciate how impactful this could be on some, so a vaccine probably was the best option for them. It really is a weird virus.
Guess that makes me an active subject in the control group 😂🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No I get it, and thank you for the clarification. It’s just so hard with so many opposing views from professionals to know whom to believe. Guess it comes down to resonance.

I am currently getting over covid, but not once have I wished I had had the vaccine, however I can appreciate how impactful this could be on some, so a vaccine probably was the best option for them. It really is a weird virus.
Guess that makes me an active subject in the control group 😂🤣😂
Get well soon and hope you’re doing okay (and anyone else close to you if they have also been affected).

Reactions: 2
Get well soon and hope you’re doing okay (and anyone else close to you if they have also been affected).
Thanks. I’ve not had it too bad. Husband has had it worse, children bounced back quick. In the grand scheme of covid we have all had it mild. For that I am thankful, 🙏🏻

Reactions: 3
Thanks. I’ve not had it too bad. Husband has had it worse, children bounced back quick. In the grand scheme of covid we have all had it mild. For that I am thankful, 🙏🏻
That is a relief you have all had it mild. Wishing you all a speedy recovery. Take care. 😊

• Heart
Hopefully this will work but the attached is a Twitter 'unroll' for a series of tweets uncovering the shadowy network of organisations seeking to infiltrate anti-vax/ mask/ lockdown/ Covid messages into government policy.

It is centred on HART (the Health Advisory and Recovery Team) which advertises itself as a group of experts "concerned about the lack of open scientific debate" but actually pursues a clandestine strategy (driven by a small group who do not admit their involvement with HART) that specifically sets out to influence government policy through meetings with sympathetic journalists and politicians.

There's a lot to unpack but some early take-aways are that HART is being used as a conduit for other more extreme 'anti' organisations both here and in the US, it's remarkable how many politicians and journalists start promoting 'anti' themes after being contacted by HART and that a number of themes promoted by HART members seem to turn up on the conspiracy and covid threads here.

• Wow
Can someone just please, have a go at least, explain why people aren't getting vaccinated? Some people say it's because they 'don't know what's in it' but if they did know, what would they do with that information? Because I won't know what any of the ingredients are or what different chemical make ups mean and I don't think they would either. Sorry I'm going OT a little now

It's been an absolute nightmare lately in the pub and it gets worse with every passing week. My mum and dad are going on holiday soon (again, not best pleased about their 2nd pandemic holiday) and I'm being left to run the pub with a bloke who thinks Covid isn't real at all and no one really has it. They're only testing people on planes who are 'weak' so they can be put down as positive cases, hospitals get 'bonuses' for each Covid patient etc. I just can't take it anymore. It's all anyone in that place talks about. Now table service has wound down thankfully I'm working a little less but...jeez some people. An old bloke sits in the corner practically screaming to his mates about YouTube videos and control (smartphone in pocket ofc) When I'm with my friends (mid-late 20s) we talk about normal things, we don't even mention Covid because why would you want to keep remembering something so terrible? It's had a massive negative impact on all of us and our mental health. I get it's a major part of life but not every single conversation has to centre around it. And then we get more old blokes whinging about 'young 'uns' and how everything is our fault which is disgusting the hear frankly and is a real beat down when these same 'young 'uns' mostly work in these 'essential' jobs and had to put themselves at risk for the very people complaining. Saturday night you've got groups of people sitting shoulder to shoulder because 'it's okay, we're vaccinated, only young people are getting it now anyway', it's just the attitude of people is stinking. I know people have always been rude and selfish but this pandemic has really got out the worst in people.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Can someone just please, have a go at least, explain why people aren't getting vaccinated? Some people say it's because they 'don't know what's in it' but if they did know, what would they do with that information? Because I won't know what any of the ingredients are or what different chemical make ups mean and I don't think they would either. Sorry I'm going OT a little now

It's been an absolute nightmare lately in the pub and it gets worse with every passing week. My mum and dad are going on holiday soon (again, not best pleased about their 2nd pandemic holiday) and I'm being left to run the pub with a bloke who thinks Covid isn't real at all and no one really has it. They're only testing people on planes who are 'weak' so they can be put down as positive cases, hospitals get 'bonuses' for each Covid patient etc. I just can't take it anymore. It's all anyone in that place talks about. Now table service has wound down thankfully I'm working a little less but...jeez some people. An old bloke sits in the corner practically screaming to his mates about YouTube videos and control (smartphone in pocket ofc) When I'm with my friends (mid-late 20s) we talk about normal things, we don't even mention Covid because why would you want to keep remembering something so terrible? It's had a massive negative impact on all of us and our mental health. I get it's a major part of life but not every single conversation has to centre around it. And then we get more old blokes whinging about 'young 'uns' and how everything is our fault which is disgusting the hear frankly and is a real beat down when these same 'young 'uns' mostly work in these 'essential' jobs and had to put themselves at risk for the very people complaining. Saturday night you've got groups of people sitting shoulder to shoulder because 'it's okay, we're vaccinated, only young people are getting it now anyway', it's just the attitude of people is stinking. I know people have always been rude and selfish but this pandemic has really got out the worst in people.
Im sorry you are dealing with that. Pubs are not the best places to be at the minute with everyone having such an opinion. Where I work I’ve had the odd conversation with a customer who are all thankfully being careful but had the odd one who doesn’t believe and never will. Really sorry your parents are leaving you to deal with it too 🙁

Couldn't agree more. How many are carefully picking their way through every ingredient in every medication they may take and painstakingly researching it? Or in everything they eat or apply to their skin, etc.

Although, someone on my FB basically summed it up when she called it "Genocide Juice" 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
These people who believe that and say “they have done their research” are literally just parroting what other like minded people are saying. For example, I saw a video of a guy who didn’t want the vaccine, he went to take some pain killers and noticed on the back of the pack they were made by Pfizer. He said if there was a plan to wipe out people why wouldn’t they just put it in widely used meds like pain as no one questions them 🤷🏻‍♀️ He then decided to get the vaccine.
People don’t like to be faced with facts when they have made their minds up about something. I don’t see myself as pro everything in life, I’m open minded which means I consider a situation before making a decision. And I definitely don’t let heresay and mass hysteria sway me and it boggles my brain that some people are so easily manipulated yet call us all sheep.

This is literally where they come from. Grown up learning about it, like a cult. There’s a lot to be said for parents who bring up their children with certain beliefs. Racism for one is also bred into people.

94F94504-E40C-4A5C-ADB2-7A9FB64C4B17.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m sorry but I cannot even begin to “have a go” at explaining why some people are not getting the vaccine I’m sure there are a number of different reasons you would need to ask individuals yourself if you are looking for answers, I’m sure they would all be more than willing to tell you even if their reasons may seem like a loads of old codswallop to you personally.

Reactions: 2
1628073618692.png

Have seen so many people lauding anti vax or anti restrictions politicians as some sort of heroes particularly in the US. Main one that springs to mind is Rand Paul :cautious: I would guarantee that nearly all these mouthpieces got the vax back in January when it was offered to them.

Reactions: 4
This is an interesting look at where some people might be coming from @hereforthedrama1 (Basically, cynicism after the last 5 or so years in media and politics).

I get his point in a way - there's a lot to be cynical about in politics and the 24 hour news cycle especially. I work hard to read my news from a variety of sources across the political spectrum, and avoid sensationalism in the media too. But I also trust scientists, and so that's why I got my vax in the end. Not because politicians or the media told me to.

Last edited:
This is an interesting look at where some people might be coming from @hereforthedrama1 (Basically, cynicism after the last 5 or so years in media and politics).

I get his point in a way - there's a lot to be cynical about in politics and the 24 hour news cycle especially. I work hard to read my news from a variety of sources across the political spectrum, and avoid sensationalism in the media too. But I also trust scientists, and so that's why I got my vax in the end. Not because politicians or the media told me to.
This is it for me. Do I trust politicians? No, not particularly, as their claims are hardly ever backed up by evidence. Do I trust scientists? On the whole, yes I do, as they can coherently present their data and walk me through exactly what it all means. In contrast to most politicians, scientists also actually answer the questions they are asked and if they don't know the answer then they are truthful and say so.

Eurgh. There's anti covid vax stickers, and "covid is a hoax" stickers stuck up on things all over my town. It makes me angry, but also I have to laugh at how dumb they are. They think they are thinking outside the box, not being "sheep". But that's what they are, they read some facebook post, watch some yt vids, read unfounded facts from certain websites and now feel 'enlightened'.
And tbh I don't care if someone doesn't want to be vaccinated, their body, their choice.
The thing I hate is that they prey on others, trying to get people to their way of thinking. It's cult* like.

*not a typo I did mean cult 😜

Reactions: 11
Eurgh. There's anti covid vax stickers, and "covid is a hoax" stickers stuck up on things all over my town. It makes me angry, but also I have to laugh at how dumb they are. They think they are thinking outside the box, not being "sheep". But that's what they are, they read some facebook post, watch some yt vids, read unfounded facts from certain websites and now feel 'enlightened'.
And tbh I don't care if someone doesn't want to be vaccinated, their body, their choice.
The thing I hate is that they prey on others, trying to get people to their way of thinking. It's cult* like.

*not a typo I did mean cult 😜
Exactly this!

Ive been seeing Covid is a hoax flyers in my area for the last few months. Just dropped on the street or at the train station. Litterbugs, eh.

This flyer was has been posted through people's doors targeting specific communities.

6F6AAF9F-9126-41F4-B395-EEBCD6375F1E.jpeg

And of course there's the classic way of 'dissuading' people from removing "anti" posters stuck up around town ...

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.