Ant and Dec

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more I read about him or even watch (the Santander advert 🤢) the more I think what an “odious horrible little man”he is

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There's too much at stake for him to breach his sobriety. He knows he will lose his career if he falls off the wagon.
But will he? Seems pretty invincible to me, protected by ITV at all costs. Same as Schofield. If Ant does go back down his previous path (if he hasn’t already) it will be well hidden, and managed by the powers that be.

Reactions: 8
But will he? Seems pretty invincible to me, protected by ITV at all costs. Same as Schofield. If Ant does go back down his previous path (if he hasn’t already) it will be well hidden, and managed by the powers that be.
Yes, I think he will. Dec proved himself as a solo presenter and he doesn't need Ant. If Ant picks up a drink or starts using again, he'll be gone. People have forgiven him once but they won't be so understanding if it happens again.

Reactions: 12
I'm not sure if ITV still have the ancestry doc they did with them both available to watch on the hub, but its certainly worth a watch. Dec comes from a very stable family, Ant on the other hand didn't have that, he did appear to be very close and good to his mum. Dec spoke about his disappointment around Ants behaviour and to be honest Ant came across as someone who needed a lot of support. He was very emotional throughout.

Reactions: 13
I'm not sure if ITV still have the ancestry doc they did with them both available to watch on the hub, but its certainly worth a watch. Dec comes from a very stable family, Ant on the other hand didn't have that, he did appear to be very close and good to his mum. Dec spoke about his disappointment around Ants behaviour and to be honest Ant came across as someone who needed a lot of support. He was very emotional throughout.
Couldn't find it on the Hub but found it on Britbox

I think it’s obvious Ant is damaged. His Dad left the family when he young and he had to become the man of the house. He would probably benefit from proper therapy.

Isnt one of Dec’s brothers a priest?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I think it’s obvious Ant is damaged. His Dad left the family when he young and he had to become the man of the house. He would probably benefit from proper therapy.

Isnt one of Dec’s brothers are priest?
Yes, they're very religious. His brother married Dec and the wife.

Reactions: 5
Dec seems OK, or more ok than Ant.
Ant comes across as an egotistical idiot..and that is putting it politely.

The accident he caused due to his drink driving, he got off lucky. He seems to be protected by ITV and any other powers that be. The fine he got was merely small change for someone like him. Then the fact his jobs were waiting for him when he was ready to return? That does not happen in the real world, does it? I'm guessing that if that happened to be anyone else, they would be dismissed and shamed. Whereas he waltzed back in to his presenting roles, no questions asked.

His ex wife stood by him through all his struggles and this is how he treated her?

She deserves so much better than than him and I hope her new man is treating her well.

Ant's new woman comes across as very arrogant. So I guess her and Ant are perfect for eachother.

It also always bugged me how he seemed to use Lisa's dog, Hurley. He bought him for her, so Hurley is HER dog, yet somehow he has managed to still share him. He knows how much Hurley means to her, it just seemed like a really intentional move to hurt her. Again, showing his vindictiveness.

Ant and Dec seem to be everywhere. If they aren't on TV presenting I'm a Celeb which is so overdone now and needs a rest, or BGT, which again is so overdone, they are presenting their own show or on an advert. They seem to be everywhere.

Reactions: 27

The accident he caused due to his drink driving, he got off lucky. He seems to be protected by ITV and any other powers that be. The fine he got was merely small change for someone like him. Then the fact his jobs were waiting for him when he was ready to return? That does not happen in the real world, does it? I'm guessing that if that happened to be anyone else, they would be dismissed and shamed. Whereas he waltzed back in to his presenting roles, no questions asked.

His ex wife stood by him through all his struggles and this is how he treated her?

She deserves so much better than than him and I hope her new man is treating her well.

Ant's new woman comes across as very arrogant. So I guess her and Ant are perfect for eachother.

It also always bugged me how he seemed to use Lisa's dog, Hurley. He bought him for her, so Hurley is HER dog, yet somehow he has managed to still share him. He knows how much Hurley means to her, it just seemed like a really intentional move to hurt her. Again, showing his vindictiveness.

Ant and Dec seem to be everywhere. If they aren't on TV presenting I'm a Celeb which is so overdone now and needs a rest, or BGT, which again is so overdone, they are presenting their own show or on an advert. They seem to be everywhere.
i agree with everything you’ve just said

Reactions: 12

I think the ‘having a job to go back to’ thing is because they own a production company and so things like Saturday night takeaway and I’m a celeb BELONG to ant and Dec don’t they?

May be wrong but that’s always been my impression. So if itv didn’t have ant back they could then just sell two of the highest rated tv shows to another channel

Reactions: 2
I find Dec very likeable I’m the same age as them so remember them from Biker Grove and as pop stars and honestly don’t mind watching them. I think Ant has serious issues which have been papered over and not fully dealt with, there’s something about him since the comeback that’s not quite clear eyed but it could of course be medication. His showmanship seems forced. As for his relationship with the ex Lisa, happy marriages don’t end like theirs did.
I think his career was saved because of the Ant & Dec duo and the fact that had have never done anything independently. I do think they are genuinely friends but Dec has now shown he is more than capable so has the upperhand as such. I would think if Ant slips again Dec will be advised to go solo and cut him loose. I hope Ant is happy in his new relationship and is getting the support he needs he seems somehow vulnerable.

Reactions: 9
I find Dec very likeable I’m the same age as them so remember them from Biker Grove and as pop stars and honestly don’t mind watching them. I think Ant has serious issues which have been papered over and not fully dealt with, there’s something about him since the comeback that’s not quite clear eyed but it could of course be medication. His showmanship seems forced. As for his relationship with the ex Lisa, happy marriages don’t end like theirs did.
I think his career was saved because of the Ant & Dec duo and the fact that had have never done anything independently. I do think they are genuinely friends but Dec has now shown he is more than capable so has the upperhand as such. I would think if Ant slips again Dec will be advised to go solo and cut him loose. I hope Ant is happy in his new relationship and is getting the support he needs he seems somehow vulnerable.
I totally agree that Ant seems different now. At first I thought I was viewing him differently after what happened, but he seems very false now and almost nervous/edgy all the time? And the atmosphere between the two of them seems more forced as well.
I can’t help but think the whole Ant & Dec brand has run its course. But while there’s money to be made, they’re not going anywhere!

Alright Lisa calm down
Wow you seem bitter. Ant?

I don't think he cheated. I just think their relationship became toxic and I don't blame him for wanting to move on OR her for finding it difficult to let go. But the fact that she is constantly talking, mentioning or hinting at it in public leaves a sour taste in the mouth and makes her look shrewish.

And I don't care how rich I am or how many dogs I have, I would % fight for custody of my dog
Show me ONE example where she is ‘talking or mentioning’ it. Just one. And obviously liking a few tweets isn’t talking or mentioning it. I’ll wait...

I got a cd single signed once after queuing up at an HMV 🙈
I got the picture disc that was covered in jellybeans!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.