Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my colleagues keeps doing things incorrectly, then when I point out it’s wrong she says “well I was never told how”. I refer her to the instruction manual I made everyone (which took HOURS) and literally has a how to guide with screenshots for pretty much everything. She says “I don’t have time to read it”

twit

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I have to say ex colleagues because I've now left the job. They all b*tched about management and having to work night shifts. ( I had no problem with either)They even formed Whatsapp groups where they just talked bad about management. ALL they did was complain. Like, why not just leave the job or shut up?! Too toxic.

Reactions: 10
Colleague is gunning for promotion but it’s so painful how poorly they manage their time I don’t know how they think they’re ready. They always have an excuse for not doing general “housekeeping” tasks because they’re working on a project. There’s always been an expectation everywhere I’ve worked to complete the menial tasks no matter what you’ve got on. They’ve got an out of office on now saying they’ll reply in two weeks 🥴 I don’t know who approved that with everyone else on leave!

Reactions: 5
I've muted all my work groups/apps. I have checked my emails a couple of times on my app just to see how things are and tbh it has been pretty peaceful. I wouldn't have answered if I had known it would be a 30 min call to moan about the last 2 days :cautious: :cautious: It is annoying because I know when I get back to work, I have a big project to start working on straight away so this is the only real downtime I can foresee for a few months. I know it isn't like I am abroad but it is still my time away from work. I might mention it to my manager when I get back to work.
My condolences.

This happens to me all the time - I have a couple of colleagues who feel compelled to give me a rundown of how work is going whenever I'm off. I hate, hate, hate getting updates about work when I'm meant to be taking time out and recharging!

Reactions: 9
This year we have not been awarded an official pay rise due to downturn caused by COVID-19! Entirely understandable in the current climate one would think? But of course the laziest and feckless colleague is the only one who has a problem with this. He has bitched and moaned about it for weeks. Every time he talks about it I get closer to telling him that even in normal times he would not have been getting a pay rise because he’s lucky he hasn’t been fired!

Reactions: 11
My colleagues constantly complain about how people working from home are doing nothing but then piss off for an hour and a half every lunch time to go shopping. One of them's not even a permanent member of staff yet but seems to think that she should get the job and shouldn't have to be interviewed for it?! I secretly hope she doesn't get it ha

Reactions: 8
My colleagues constantly complain about how people working from home are doing nothing but then piss off for an hour and a half every lunch time to go shopping. One of them's not even a permanent member of staff yet but seems to think that she should get the job and shouldn't have to be interviewed for it?! I secretly hope she doesn't get it ha
It’s same at my work. Someone even said it’s unfair the amount of money people are saving on childcare working at home. Erm, if you want to have a crack at working 10 hour days and looking after a toddler be my guest! I definitely still need childcare!

Reactions: 11
I keep visiting this thread so it must be a sign I need to start looking elsewhere 😬 my colleague scheduling in meetings when I’m off. He’s got a to-do list as long as your arm but trying to book meetings in regarding my projects now when I’m not in. I let it slide once, have pulled him up this time. If he goes ahead with it I’ll be pissed. Bloody idiot.

Reactions: 5
Ringing me when I’m on annual leave to tell me she’s had to leave off early and would I mind coming over for the last 2 hours. 1- of all the people who weren’t in yesterday, I live furthest away so it makes least sense to get me i! 2 - nobody ever covers me when I have to leave or am off so why should I do it? 3- duck off

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Leaves at her exact time every day, never contributing to any end of day tasks. The rocks in the next morning and without fail has a complaint or issue with something someone hasnt done the right way even though the last shift never ever get out on time and are not paid for any time they need to stay late to close up.

Reactions: 1
A colleague telling you how to do your job, yet they don't work in your department or even know what you do. Still they expect you to clean their tit up and the mess THEY have made.

Reactions: 12
I’m new to my workplace but have been doing the same job in the same company for 10 years, was brought in cos of my experience and to shake things up but try telling that to the woman twice my age who tries to patronise and talk down to me every day 😤

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Not my colleague as such, but a lady I did my training with (we recently graduated).

We've both been looking for jobs to apply our newly-qualified abilities to, and she finds fault in every single one that pops up. Where she is, there are heaps more opportunities, so she can be picky to some extent, but even so ... Her list of wants is huge and quite unreasonable and she emails me every day moaning about the various issues with each one. I politely suggested that she might need to lower her expectations which she thought was unreasonable. Oh well. I've set up a rule so all her emails go to a "special" folder now. Can't be bothered with all the whining.

Reactions: 6
It’s become quite obvious now that 2 of our team are having ‘extra team meetings’ if you know what I mean...? Members of the team all started to suspect end of 2019 and in fairness back then it wasn’t overly obvious but I don’t know if they have become comfortable or just got lazy but it’s really obvious now and it’s quite uncomfortable to be around them. Luckily we work a rota of going into the office so it’s not daily thankfully.

Reactions: 1
I've got someone who whistles through her nose while eating her lunch, and someone else who scrapes his yoghurt pot for hours after finishing his lunch! Drives me insane!

Also someone that can never be wrong about anything and obviously knows everything. He tells me like 10 times a day what I need to be doing.. he has never done my job so has no idea what hes talking about.

Working from home is helping my sanity at this point 😂

• Sick
Take the last envelope out of the drawer and not bother to replace it.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
This thread is brilliant. It will blow up when more of us who have been WFH have to return to the office!

I work for an adult social care charity, and all I can say is that, in my experience, every stereotype you know about the voluntary sector being run by incompetent, self-interested technophobes is true. Anyway, worse than that - my wider team asked me to join their "Birthday Club" a few years ago. They printed out a calendar of the team birthdays and each paid in £5 per person per birthday so that the team could then buy them a gift, worth about £35. I told them I didn't want to be in it. I don't even buy some of my friends birthday presents so why on earth would I want to buy tat for people at work?! Horrifying.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This thread is brilliant. It will blow up when more of us who have been WFH have to return to the office!

I work for an adult social care charity, and all I can say is that, in my experience, every stereotype you know about the voluntary sector being run by incompetent, self-interested technophobes is true. Anyway, worse than that - my wider team asked me to join their "Birthday Club" a few years ago. They printed out a calendar of the team birthdays and each paid in £5 per person per birthday so that the team could then buy them a gift, worth about £35. I told them I didn't want to be in it. I don't even buy some of my friends birthday presents so why on earth would I want to buy tat for people at work?! Horrifying.
Very true my friend works for a charity she earns 10p more than minimum wage while the executives team rake in 150k plus benefits.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I just remembered another incident reading the 'people that bother you about work when you're not working' comments.

I was going to a funeral and got asked for some info urgently so I emailed one of my team and asked him to do it in my absence. I specifically said it didn't matter what format they presented it in but to get it across ASAP and explained I was going to a funeral or would do it myself.

Sat waiting for the funeral to start and saw my phone flashing (thankfully on silent). Was this bloke. I ignored it and phoned him after the service as assumed it must be urgent. He wanted to check the format he was thinking was acceptable. I said yes, as per my email. What isn't acceptable is phoning someone in a funeral to ask 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Angry
I get that sometimes it is quicker to just ask someone rather than spend ages trying to work out a problem, but I hate it when people just default to taking absolutely no initiative themselves. Sometimes I've googled the answer to a problem in the time it's taken for a colleague to tell me what it is. I have people who email me about technical issues that they could have solved for themselves easily if they had just bothered to TRY and LOOK for an answer. Bloody sick of it and it seems it gets worse the more senior people are. I have a senior colleague who I have to spoon feed his work to, what he needs to do, when, how, all of it, because he is incapable of just LOOKING at the SAME THING I AM and figuring out what he needs to do.

Clowns to the left of me, idiots to the right, here I am stuck googling your work for half the pay.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.