Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in an office with 2 other women (both older than me by 20+ years). One of them talks non stop. All day. And I’m not exaggerating. She gives a running commentary on what she’s doing, reads us the news even though we’ve not asked, updates us on her friends personal lives even though I have no idea who they are, constantly complaining about her husband, talking about cycling (I hate cycling!), always talks about food ( one of those being good/bad people!!) always bitching about people in our dept. aaaaarrrrrrggghhhh. I put my AirPods in to drown her out but she taps me on the shoulder if I don’t reply 😢😢😢 or I can feel her eyes staring into my soul so I turn around and she’s looking at me for a reply. new job pending!!!
That is horrendous and my nightmare, thankfully my resting witch face and personality takes care of most chatty attempts but I find this so annoying. It's like people cannot be alone with their thoughts in their own heads for ten minutes so every moment has to be filled with their jarring voice. Stfu for god's sake, people are trying to work! I hope she shuts up soon.

Reactions: 5
That is horrendous and my nightmare, thankfully my resting witch face and personality takes care of most chatty attempts but I find this so annoying. It's like people cannot be alone with their thoughts in their own heads for ten minutes so every moment has to be filled with their jarring voice. Stfu for god's sake, people are trying to work! I hope she shuts up soon.
until i worked in one I didn't realise how much worse distracting chatter was in a small workplace, you would always think more people = more noise, but actually with fewer people they have fewer people to talk to so it is even worse!

Reactions: 4
Same woman as yesterday is driving me absolutely mental. She needed maximum IT support from me today (I don't work in IT we both work in HR but I'm good with technology) I've got patience with some things because (old ppl) but not knowing how to drag a page to your other screen is kind of thick. We use dual monitors and it's easy
You sound like me when I was younger, full of confidence, and knowing every trick in the book when it came to computers and IT.

Remember you too will be old one day.

Today I am in finance.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You sound like me when I was younger, full of confidence, and knowing every trick in the book when it came to computers and IT.

Remember you too will be old one day.

Today I am in finance.
This cracked me up 😂 hopefully when I'm old I won't be as bloody irritating as her.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Someone in my office is term time. Her youngest child is 21...and works in the office!!!!!
All this talk of people with kids having to have to school holidays of reminded me of somewhere I worked at over 20 years ago. I was one of a large group of Receptionists at a GP Surgery and we had one self-appointed leader, there is always one, who insisted that the only people who were allowed to take leave during the school holidays were those with school age children 😮. Obviously those of us without children have no commitments or responsibilities that entail us having to take leave during school holidays. Thankfully I was only there for a couple of years.

In my next job I worked with somebody who had a term-time only contract, her only child was 25 at that point 😆

In the same way that childless adults want holidays when they want them, adults with children (regardless of their age) can decide their own working hours. Term time or not regardless of their child’s age. I work term time. It’s FANTASTIC. I would highly miss it if I didn’t have it. Can’t blame people for wanting 13 weeks off a year 🤪🤪🤪 let’s not be judgemental about the working hours of others when you judged others for judging you about your choice of holiday time 🙂

Being treated like a child. I'm in my early 30s but people here still treat me as if I've zero working experience, as if this is my first ever job. I'm so sick of being treated as if I know nothing about how to do the job. There has been zero structure to my training as well and whenever I push I get fobbed off. I've a probation review coming up and I'll have to watch my words that I don't complain too much but I need to say enough so I get my point across that my day to day needs structure or else I don't see any progress the next few months for me.

The rest of the management team (it's fairly large) can be so condescending and I'm genuinely so sick of it. Thankfully I have a strong backbone and sharp tongue :sneaky: It'll get better or so I tell myself!

Reactions: 7
Why did you bother listening to her, surely there must have been a practice manager who should be in charge of all of you.
There was a Practice Manager, but to be honest I don't know what she ever did apart from hide in her office. Nothing was ever said.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I have tried the resting witch face but then she is constantly questioning if I’m ok asking why I’m in a mood! She doesn’t have any kids of her own (she’s in her 40’s) so she mothers me as well. I’m in my 20’s!! 😭

• Sad
There's a woman at work that talks about her dogs constantly. I have a dog, I love dogs and ill talk about him if it the conversation goes that way but bloody hell. You can't get away, I think I know more about her girls as she calls them, than my own dog.
I realised trying to get away doesn't work, so I now answer politely something like 'oh lovely' and keep walking. I felt awful at first but I don't now, I don't think she even notices. I've been the other side of a big room or down a corridor and I can still hear her going on as if I'm stood there!
Sounds awful but if I walk past her I try to scoot by quick and I see her start to speak and call after me about her girls as I go.
She does it to everyone, I think she just sees a face and it starts to come out!
If there's a group of us you notice people start to slip away and everyone starts to panic at being the last one left 😂
Once she's got you there you'll get a blow by blow account of the dogs again.
The thing is she must know she's already told you that day at least, yet you see her 10 minutes later and she tries to start the whole story again😳. Anyone who is near her gets it.
Nice enough woman, but there's only so much speak of 'my girls' and what they ate the night before I can take. Plus I have work to do!

Last edited:
When someone asks you to do something, you do it and then they say 'oh what about xx bit' well why didn't you tell me at the start OR make sure I'm cc'd into the email at the start 😡 . I hate it when I'm expected to know something when I wasn't even in the email

Reactions: 7
All this talk of people with kids having to have to school holidays of reminded me of somewhere I worked at over 20 years ago. I was one of a large group of Receptionists at a GP Surgery and we had one self-appointed leader, there is always one, who insisted that the only people who were allowed to take leave during the school holidays were those with school age children 😮. Obviously those of us without children have no commitments or responsibilities that entail us having to take leave during school holidays. Thankfully I was only there for a couple of years.

In my next job I worked with somebody who had a term-time only contract, her only child was 25 at that point 😆
I am always denied leave around my husbands birthday which is 27th July and my birthday which is the beginning of September as it’s the bloody summer holidays!

now I’m guilty; I have a “family friendly contract” at work which means I never work a Wednesday/Thursday. I’ll work nights and weekends but I always have those two days off as pre Covid, it was when my husband travelled for work and now it’s his on call days.

A fellow nurse is constantly looking for volunteers to record tik tok dance routine videos with her 🤦‍♀️ I'd rather debride a necrotic appendage!! This is not what the NHS pays us for. Funny how she always finds the time. Then the sad voice "its to cheer every one up". All she wants is to go viral and live off tiktok 😂😂

honestly I hate this trend of us all bloody dancing. Piss off! I’m tired!

Reactions: 6
I work as a lowly admin in a food distribution centre (on furlough at the mo). But omg do we have so many managers and deputy managers and assistant managers, line managers, team managers, focus managers, regional managers, transport managers, logistics managers.., most of them are working from home barking out orders to those lowly warehouse people who have to go into work.

So many managers all doing the same job and making sure everyone knows they're a manager by the big bold fonts in their email siggies.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I work as a lowly admin in a food distribution centre (on furlough at the mo). But omg do we have so many managers and deputy managers and assistant managers, line managers, team managers, focus managers, regional managers, transport managers, logistics managers.., most of them are working from home barking out orders to those lowly warehouse people who have to go into work.

So many managers all doing the same job and making sure everyone knows they're a manager by the big bold fonts in their email siggies.
I worked at a small company that was like this and it creates tension and bursting egos in the workplace! My line of work is quite niche so it means I am usually the only person doing my job, or sometimes 1 other person but they will usually tag my position in with another department. There were 2 of us in this instance and I was hired as ‘manager’ and my colleague was ‘team leader’ but our jobs were exactly the same. We treated each other as equals, much to the other manager’s annoyance. 🤣

Reactions: 3
I had this work colleague once who would constantly drone on about how big her boobs were. Usually triggered when a man walked into the staffroom. She was a very girl-next-door type, too. Quite an arty, Boho style.

But every conversation would somehow be manipulated into bringing her boobs (and how big they are) into the main topic.

This one time she mentioned that she used to work at a school and how the headmistress hated her, "... But I think she was clearly jealous because she was really flat-chested and I have such big boobs."

Oh duck off, love. She probably hated you because you are obsessed with your own tits and can't stop inappropriately talking about them in the workplace.
She needs some folding chair therapy across her face.

• Haha
A fellow nurse is constantly looking for volunteers to record tik tok dance routine videos with her 🤦‍♀️ I'd rather debride a necrotic appendage!! This is not what the NHS pays us for. Funny how she always finds the time. Then the sad voice "its to cheer every one up". All she wants is to go viral and live off tiktok 😂😂

One of my friend's is a theatre nurse. She was on her way to scrub up for a heart bypass operation and was blocked from entering a corridor because some doctors were in the middle of filming a tik tok routine. She had to turn heel and take a different route.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Using the last of the paper in the photocopier and not bothering to refill the drawer

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I'm the office junior, and therefore I end up with all the crap the older numpties can't be bothered with. I get emails saying "Could you reload the printer" or "change the printer cartridge" or "sort the photocopier out. There's an error message".

Before furlough I was asked to "can you get another extension lead. I need one for my 2 chargers and fan" (totally not work related). And "My computer is slow. Can you sort it?"

How the hell do I know? I don't work in IT. Email them instead!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.