Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finding out today we have a parents evening to organise ready for next week. So from 6pm till 8pm I won’t get paid for it! Im livid x

• Sad
Reactions: 2
One of the management team always calls to speak to one of my colleagues, I’m in reception so all calls come through me. Every. Single. Time she rings, I pick up the phone and I can see that it’s her calling so I’m all cheery “Hello! Blah blah speaking!” Happy smiley la di da. And her reply every time is “**extremely audible sigh of disdain** yes, hi blah blah, can I speak to blehh”
witch.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone on my team that I manager has been making mistakes which have a knock on impact. They arent huge but have the potential to be. We have put in place checks to try and stop them. She is new to the company so I get that it takes time. Most of the mistakes affect my work but the most recent affected another guys. He is on our wider team and he reports into the same person as me but he isnt a manager so he is technically a level below me.

Instead of him coming to me and/or the person who made the mistake he went directly to our boss and the first I heard of it was at a meeting. He runs a different process which compliactes things but also makes these mistakes more likely to happen as his work feeds into the other persons work. Long story short I feel he tried to throw us under the bus as I didnt have time to gather all the facts before the meeting etc. He comes across as a goody two shoes in other areas and it's such an awful trait. Another member of my team is taking over some of this guys work but he thinks ita me taking it over and he forwards or cc's me in the emails but leaves the guy out. I asked him at least 3 times to include the guy too and he says no problem but he leaves him off 50% of the emails. He also thinks ccing you in an email is the handover done.

Reactions: 5
I have to share a room with someone we hired during covid.
He keeps moving stuff around in the room. I move it back and then when I come back in the next week its back again.
Today I find he has pushed his desk further into the room narrowing my way out from my desk even more. I shoved it back.
He keeps bringing a horrible kitchen bin into the room and putting it near me. I take it out each time.we each have waste paper bins so no need for it.
So this morning I put it in the corner right beside him and put the boxes of crap in the correct place.
I have decided that if he moves it back again when I come in on Monday I am hiding it all in one of the many rooms he knows nothing about.
We try to keep the room tidy since we got rid of a former team mate who would just leave boxes in the middle of the room and walk away.
Another new hire is sneaky and jumps all over queries he has no clue about and then when it gets messy he palms it off but with no context of what has gone on.
He has done it a couple of times to me and each time I ask him to send on the full thread so I know what Im dealing with. He really doesnt like being asked that, but I have been here long enough to know that someone like him will not give a chance of glory on a query away unless it has gone seriously tits up. Its the fact he is happy to throw you under the bus that I dont like, dont take a query if its not in your skill set you only makes things worse by delaying the process.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Instead of assuming I'm with a client or something after about 6 rings of me not picking up, one of my colleagues will just sit and continuously wait for me to answer. Use your common sense, if I'm not picking up, I'm obviously unavailable.

• Angry
When you ask someone a question and they set themselves in Do Not Disturb as soon as they answer you.

Rude, as if you're pestering them when you speak to them once a week if that.

If you can't deal with people, then work a different job.

Reactions: 2
It may sound harsh, but sometimes, the sole fact that the person even exists and is in your team is enough to annoy you.

Just so we're clear, I don't want anyone to die, but I wish said person worked in a different company / team. Not being able to stand turns into a physical reaction.

Reactions: 9
It may sound harsh, but sometimes, the sole fact that the person even exists and is in your team is enough to annoy you.

Just so we're clear, I don't want anyone to die, but I wish said person worked in a different company / team. Not being able to stand turns into a physical reaction.
And when that person has a day off the dynamic in the office is so much nicer 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 13
And when that person has a day off the dynamic in the office is so much nicer 😩
OMG. Exactly. In my case, said person was OOO for three weeks in July and the team dynamic shifted entirely. There was only 3 of us including this person. The problematic person was getting on everyone's nerve to the point where the third person was becoming mean / rude as well. The moment the problematic person went OOO, all returned to normal and everyone was more relaxed! Some people just drag a team down without realizing. They generally think a) everyone else is the problem or b) they're so great, other people think they're so great too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When colleagues have time off so they send in a temp and the temp has no social skills 😂 awks

Reactions: 4
People who give answers without really knowing the answer.

We were due to return to the office tomorrow to have a mini-induction with the manager. The manager called in sick on Monday and hasn't been online since. I asked another colleague if we're still due to go to the office nonetheless or what's the story. This person said "very probably yes, the manager said they're feeling better already".

Very probably isn't even proper grammar, but in any case, if the manager has the flu, I doubt they'd risk going into the office tomorrow and expose other people to this. I had my doubts about this and was almost 90% sure tomorrow would get cancelled. Fast forward, the manager texted us at 9pm today saying tomorrow is cancelled because they're going to be WFH for the rest of the week.

If you don't have the right information, just don't say anything. This person is so eager to go to the office that they'd be ready to make the manager come in even if they're sick. Get a life.

I have to share a room with someone we hired during covid.
He keeps moving stuff around in the room. I move it back and then when I come back in the next week its back again.
Today I find he has pushed his desk further into the room narrowing my way out from my desk even more. I shoved it back.
He keeps bringing a horrible kitchen bin into the room and putting it near me. I take it out each time.we each have waste paper bins so no need for it.
So this morning I put it in the corner right beside him and put the boxes of crap in the correct place.
I have decided that if he moves it back again when I come in on Monday I am hiding it all in one of the many rooms he knows nothing about.
We try to keep the room tidy since we got rid of a former team mate who would just leave boxes in the middle of the room and walk away.
Another new hire is sneaky and jumps all over queries he has no clue about and then when it gets messy he palms it off but with no context of what has gone on.
He has done it a couple of times to me and each time I ask him to send on the full thread so I know what Im dealing with. He really doesnt like being asked that, but I have been here long enough to know that someone like him will not give a chance of glory on a query away unless it has gone seriously tits up. Its the fact he is happy to throw you under the bus that I dont like, dont take a query if its not in your skill set you only makes things worse by delaying the process.
Oh my goodness, I would be so furious. I'd have it out with this person - politely but firmly emphasise that they are not to move things around. If they keep doing it, report them to HR! I can't stand all this passive aggressive BS ... it happens everywhere of course, but a lot of people are so truly hideous. It's always the people that ruin a job.

Oh my goodness, I would be so furious. I'd have it out with this person - politely but firmly emphasise that they are not to move things around. If they keep doing it, report them to HR! I can't stand all this passive aggressive BS ... it happens everywhere of course, but a lot of people are so truly hideous. It's always the people that ruin a job.
I have a chat booked with our manager tomorrow and am going to tell her that he cant keep doing that its a shared space and at the moment we work in office different days but from January we are in there at same time and he needs to know its not his office.
I hurt my back moving the boxes too and am telling her that if he wants all that crap he has to contain it to his section.
Im going to pull the senior member of staff card and request she has a word.
He seems to think rules dont apply to him at all.

Reactions: 7
I am that annoying colleague that hate talking on the phone. Email me or teams me please.

Reactions: 12
People who do not show up to calls.

My manager offered to set up a weekly call with another team member while I'm working on a complex project, just in case I have questions on procedures etc. I launched the call this morning and both of them stood me up! This is the second time in a row the manager ignored this call because they cannot log in like a normal employee at 9am or 9.30. They work EMEA hours. They log in at either 10 or 11am and ignore my call at 10, only to ping me at 12 asking if I need any help with anything. Well, you would know if you did bother showing up to the call. The other person also did not send any notification of them not being able to join and I had to send an email asking if they'll dial in.

Rude.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
When colleagues have time off so they send in a temp and the temp has no social skills 😂 awks
I experienced similar a few years ago. After talking about work stuff for two days - showing her the ropes etc, I thought she was shy so on the third day I said ' did you watch great British bake off last night'? and she replied 'I'm here to work, not make friends' 😅
She never spoke for the remainder two weeks unless it was work related.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I experienced similar a few years ago. After talking about work stuff for two days - showing her the ropes etc, I thought she was shy so on the third day I said ' did you watch great British bake off last night'? and she replied 'I'm here to work, not make friends' 😅
I believe that’s the reason she isn’t in a permenant job. What the hell 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Colleagues who pretend to do nice gestures to make themselves look good.

We received our monthly newsletter and my work anniversary was in it. Some guy from my team saw it and sent me a "happy work anniversary" and cc'ed the MANAGER.

What's the purpose really? Can you not do something genuinely nice for someone without having to show it to the manager? Do you really think you're going to get promoted this way? Smh.

People like her don't realize that being friendly at work goes beyond the sole purpose of "making friends". Generally, if you're a friendly enough person and you're stuck with something / need guidance, people will have no issues helping you. If you're a rude person thinking you're better than everyone else, no one will be there to help you if you're stuck. You should even keep your enemies at arm's length. I swear, there's people I seriously want zero interaction with, but I know they could be of help someday, so I act friendly but set stronger boundaries. No matter the amount of knowledge / competence you have, someone will always know something you don't know.

I remember there was a girl at work who straight up said she doesn't hang out with coworkers outside of work (on day 1). Fine, I didn't care much as I wasn't about to hang out with her. About a year later, she went as far as dating some dude at work and it didn't end well. LOL. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.