Annoying partner criticising my driving!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No partner or driving license but I did learn I had been spelling kerb the American English way my whole life thanks to this thread!

Yep it’s why I hate people in my car with me always little comments or jokes when I’m on my own I drive perfectly fine, I avoid situations where I’m the designated driver
Luckily he’s always the driver so I’m mainly on my own or with the kids and they don’t judge me 😂

Is he an anxious passenger ? I used to do this to my ex when he was driving 😂 I’m a really anxious passenger & used to think we’d crash

Reactions: 1
Any tips to deal with this?
I can drive perfectly fine. I'm not particularly confident but I can get from A-B fine. But when we are in the car together he acts like a driving instructor, telling how to turn the wheel, telling me to stop at roundabouts etc etc, sharp intakes of breath for no reason. Basically making me feel like a total learner. It makes me stressed and therefore prone to mistakes rather than actually helping me! I barely go out in the car with him purely because of his behaviour.
I've had my license longer than him which is ironic. Ive brought it up with him and he just says I do the same to him (I don't, I just point out that he drives way too fast at times).
Last night I wanted to stop at the side of the road and kick him out of my car!
OP, make a point next time you are driving and he makes a comment ask if him he would prefer to walk. If he says anything else stop somewhere safe and tell him to get out.

If he refuses tell him that that his comments are undermining your confidence and if he continues to make comments you will not drive with him in your car again.

Reactions: 2
I know this is an old thread but this is bothering me and I’m glad I’m not the only one!

My dad made a comment yesterday about how I should change lanes to avoid heavy traffic. He doesn’t even drive and I give him lifts as much as I can to help him out. The joke is, he was in the passenger seat of another car behind me getting a lift to work off of someone else 🙄 I know the snide comment will have come from his mate that was giving him a lift, and instead of defending me, he’s passed it on and tried to make out he thought it himself.

Maybe I’m being over sensitive, I know it’s petty, but it’s pissed me off 😂