Annoying Corporate Jargon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is not jargon! I'm so guilty of all of these - how else do you sign off an email?! 😅
Yeah that's just normal polite things to say in an email 😅 better than just signing with your name and nothing else. Or people who don't say "Hi" first thing in an email, just your name ugh

Reactions: 3
Yeah that's just normal polite things to say in an email 😅 better than just signing with your name and nothing else. Or people who don't say "Hi" first thing in an email, just your name ugh
This is my pet peeve! I feel like I'm being shouted at!

Reactions: 7
It's even worse when it's a 'brown bag lunch meeting' - usually meaning you bring your own packed lunch. Cheap skates.
Bring your own packed lunch to a meeting? It's bad enough when people expect you to miss your lunch break and have a meeting instead, but to not provide lunch is just taking the mick.

Because I'm petty I'd definitely pack something super stinky for lunch. Hello egg and tuna fish sandwiches!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Bring your own packed lunch to a meeting? It's bad enough when people expect you to miss your lunch break and have a meeting instead, but to not provide lunch is just taking the mick.

Because I'm petty I'd definitely pack something super stinky for lunch. Hello egg and tuna fish sandwiches!
that'd probably be the end of lunch meetings :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just a FYI. The company i am working is having an annual strategy meeting at a nice venue on Friday. I made a comprehensive list of everything written on this thread, and handed it to 3 of my fellow senior managers. We have a competition going between the four of us, the one who uses the most of the phrases mentioned will win a prize. I hope i can sit with a straight face during the day, but very excited as this will just make my day!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just a FYI. The company i am working is having an annual strategy meeting at a nice venue on Friday. I made a comprehensive list of everything written on this thread, and handed it to 3 of my fellow senior managers. We have a competition going between the four of us, the one who uses the most of the phrases mentioned will win a prize. I hope i can sit with a straight face during the day, but very excited as this will just make my day!
Keep us posted how you get on 😂

corporate jargon bingo, love it!

Playbook- I know it's an actual term but sounds so stupid

All singing all dancing- no

Ping me- please don't ping me

• Haha
Heard a new one the other day
Glide path and soft landing. I rolled my eyes so hard at that.

All singing all dancing- no
I contacted an agency, saying I'd just done an admin course but hadn't any actual experience. They said I wouldn't be suitable as they were looking for 'all-singing, all-dancing' workers. So sign up the Black and White Minstrels, then, I thought but unfortunately didn't say!

• Haha
  • Heart
I saw an internal job yesterday ad saying experience in particular software would be "the icing on the cake, but we are happy to take a sponge and decorate it ourselves"

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11