Annie Jaffrey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whenever I see Annie's videos I see a lot of comments on "how therapeuthic" and "how calm and relaxed" her videos are. Her videos like 'FALL RESET' makes me feel anxious rather than calm. Her eating perfect all the time. The cleaning, the meditation, the journaling, the self-care... so robotic. How people can feel inspired by those kind of videos?

That lifestyle is not sustinable. Not even for Annie who constantly need food to reset and detox (gives me the impression she eats really bad and her videos are a 'new diet new me'). She seems to constantly need motivation to fill her day. All that self-care time. Constantly needing to declutter > buy more stuff > declutter.

Want to see inspired videos? Watch every Wednesday the SheerLuxe YouTube channel. The BTS vlogs are the best! A group of women working everyday on an online fashion magazine. They are constantly learning / working / experimenting. They take the camera to the office, their houses, street, meetings, different locations. They are always working on interesting projects. They receive the same PR free stuff than every YouTubber but they actually use the products and give honest opinions. They are not trying to sell anything. No ads. The magazine owner is a married woman with 3 kids, yet she has always time for working and be on top of every project. That's the work ethic I find so inspiring!

Or maybe Im getting to old for YouTubbers like Annie who spend their days writting on their notebooks and "teaching" how to make green smoothies :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think she's loaded but her Dad still wants her to "work". She would be successful, far more successful if she shared her struggles but I can imagine, that she may have some family restrictions...maybe that's why her content can be so boring. She's not allowed to speak much or Daddy might cut off her funding.

Reactions: 5
Does she even have some friends?
I got a feeling that she is just cleaning her spotless apartment... 😧 such a boring life.
She is living in a big city, full of opportunities and she is most of her days inside.
At least she could join some group sports, and meet some girlfriends.
Probably she is not vaccinated, so its hard for her to attend anything.

I dont know how such a boring woman can inspire anybody.

Reactions: 4
Watching new video and I am wondering if acupuncture needle in between her eyebrows could do anything with all that botox.
Cleaning up dirty dishes from office before piling up in the end of the week is such a helpful advice. I could never think of it... cleaning... after myself... daily.

Mat D'Avella recently posted a video Self-care might be turning you into a narcissist. and every time Annie talks about selfcare that video is all I can think of.

• Haha
I think people are “inspired” because who wouldn’t want to not have to work a 9-5, travel many times a year, be able to afford designer bags, shoes?
Just be without worries. That’s what she embodies.

Also, some people would want to have the ambition and discipline and time to eat well, workout, go to the spa, but either because we’re poor, or we don’t have time, or maybe we’re just lazy, we don’t do it.
Her lifestyle and what she is, is unattainable unless you’re already rich, that’s why people say they’re inspired, etc etc.

It’s like looking at any influencer staying in Maldives in a 10k per night suite and saying “next year I’ll be there too”. But then you scroll another picture and you forget about Maldives.

Watching Negin Mirsalehi's new face oil & the marketing/campaign...that's how it's done.
Very well done as all her previous campaigns. She created major FOMO with her hair oil. I also recall that Negin has a masters in Marketing. It was around that time when she had started her Instagram and was following everyone on IG. She used to have a blog where she talked about things more. That coupled with the fact that her long time boyfriend, now fiancé also has a business background, the hunger to build and be successful comes naturally. Let’s not forget that Negin teased her followers for years with hair that every female wanted. So when she dropped her products, the frenzy was real.

Unfortunately Annie knows that she needs to have her own brand, but she doesn’t seem too smart to have known how to navigate that. Instead of going with a product that her followers would want from her, she want for something that she’s interested in, but not what her followers come to her for. People who follow her like her lifestyle, her calmness, her hair. She went for skincare. People don’t envy her for her skincare like they do Negin for her hair.

But, again she doesn’t seem that intelligent or in tune with things like Negin is. Also, she has Mo, who I think is trying as hard as he can, but again, he’s more after the celebrity status of being a brand owner, not the person who takes it places. Negin fiancé isn’t on social or YouTube as the celebrity. He always looks like he’s busy working on things.

….

It might just be me, but Annie looked way happier and alive before they moved to the bigger flat. Was watching some of her old videos & she had more personality and a better fashion sense there. I’m guessing the brand isn’t doing well, she has way more bills to pay and the pandemic possibly did a number on her mental health.

One of you posted that her family is incredibly wealthy. I’m surprised that she didn’t choose to go a business route or be better at business herself. I know people from similar backgrounds, not necessarily pandora papers innovative, but business acumen runs through the family and ambition is key. Her family wealth and status is also a reason why she may be limited from being very public with everything about her life. If she was more switched on, she’d pivot her public presence from influencer to personal brand like other entrepreneurs. Many of those who follow her probably cant afford the lifestyle and products she promotes anyway. She’s simply enjoyable to watch in my opinion.

In her last video she said that she does workouts from an account on Instagram. For someone who doesn’t come on Instagram much I wonder how she pulls that off without getting sucked into the notifications and her own page. She must have a second, private Instagram

Annie should understand why her followers follow her and create content, products based on that. It’s maybe why she’s now following Instagram experts and coaches.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does she even have some friends?
I got a feeling that she is just cleaning her spotless apartment... 😧 such a boring life.
She is living in a big city, full of opportunities and she is most of her days inside.
At least she could join some group sports, and meet some girlfriends.
Probably she is not vaccinated, so its hard for her to attend anything.

I dont know how such a boring woman can inspire anybody.
She does have at least one girlfriend in the city, she recently became a mother. She mentions her in vlogs, she recently went over to help her out with decor, clean etc. she also sometimes go on walks but she never films her, i think her friend doesn't want to be on camera.

She's definitely not vaccinated. She seems very anti-vaxx, probably because she doesn't want "stuff in her body", which is always funny to me because of all the crap she injects into her face and the fake boobs she got (and removed) but okay.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yea, bcs lip/face fillers, tinted eyebrows, fake boobs and all the stuff she put on herself probably dont make her body "dirty".

It also makes me wonder why she is not learning German?
As an immigrant you can even get whole course for free or very small amount of money.

It will be such a big thing for her - education, more integrating in country she lives, plus she could meet lot of new people.
Like this, she is lonely, sad, obsessed with cleaning and making soups.

(I am older then her, and my daily activities are more social and i am also an immigrant in Germany and i just had a back surgery.
It makes me sad when young women are spending they life so depressive.)

I feel like she is promoting anti feminist lifestyle, and teaching young girls that they should be mostly at home - cook, clean and have a zero fun without THE husband.
German women are very independent, she should really go outside in real world around her.

Yea, bcs lip/face fillers, tinted eyebrows, fake boobs and all the stuff she put on herself probably dont make her body "dirty".

It also makes me wonder why she is not learning German?
As an immigrant you can even get whole course for free or very small amount of money.

It will be such a big thing for her - education, more integrating in country she lives, plus she could meet lot of new people.
Like this, she is lonely, sad, obsessed with cleaning and making soups.

(I am older then her, and my daily activities are more social and i am also an immigrant in Germany and i just had a back surgery.
It makes me sad when young women are spending they life so depressive.)

I feel like she is promoting anti feminist lifestyle, and teaching young girls that they should be mostly at home - cook, clean and have a zero fun without THE husband.
German women are very independent, she should really go outside in real world around her.
Personally I don't think she promotes anti feminist anything, staying at home not really being social is just her boring personality, I've never got the impression that she promotes that (anti social) way of living. Her doing all the cooking and cleaning is because shes the neurotic and controlling of her environment type - is Mo even allowed to cook? We all know he has completely different preferences for food. She also seems to literally have nothing to do... so yoga, household chores fill her time. I wouldn't be surprised if working on her business takes only 2 hrs a day (if that).

I think a few of her friends don't want to be filmed, so who knows maybe she has quite an active social life behind the scences..doubt it though.

Its going to be really interesting observing her as a mother, I wonder if it will make her looser and more carefree or if it will just exacerbate her neurosis.

That's an interesting take, I never see as a anti-feminist. I think she's rather quite independant actually, she does pretty much everything around the house and also making the money. If anything, all I can see from her life is that she doesn't need Mo for anything else than babies and companionship, but it's not like she can't get any of those elsewhere. She doesn't depend on him for any of her material needs, she runs the household all by herself including making money for them.

I think she just has quite a flat, boring personality in general but she CAN open up more. Like on their honeymoon one evening she seemed a bit drunk/tipsy and she looked so alive and they were laughing so much. THAT is the Annie I want to see more, not the stiff and picture/camera perfect Annie she wants to put out there. There is more to her, I wish she would let herself open up to that side, not only for herself but also for her followers. It would do her well to not be so stiff and strict. But I think she needs to go to therapy first to work on her issues.

Reactions: 7
Very well done as all her previous campaigns. She created major FOMO with her hair oil. I also recall that Negin has a masters in Marketing. It was around that time when she had started her Instagram and was following everyone on IG. She used to have a blog where she talked about things more. That coupled with the fact that her long time boyfriend, now fiancé also has a business background, the hunger to build and be successful comes naturally. Let’s not forget that Negin teased her followers for years with hair that every female wanted. So when she dropped her products, the frenzy was real.

Unfortunately Annie knows that she needs to have her own brand, but she doesn’t seem too smart to have known how to navigate that. Instead of going with a product that her followers would want from her, she want for something that she’s interested in, but not what her followers come to her for. People who follow her like her lifestyle, her calmness, her hair. She went for skincare. People don’t envy her for her skincare like they do Negin for her hair.

But, again she doesn’t seem that intelligent or in tune with things like Negin is. Also, she has Mo, who I think is trying as hard as he can, but again, he’s more after the celebrity status of being a brand owner, not the person who takes it places. Negin fiancé isn’t on social or YouTube as the celebrity. He always looks like he’s busy working on things.

….

It might just be me, but Annie looked way happier and alive before they moved to the bigger flat. Was watching some of her old videos & she had more personality and a better fashion sense there. I’m guessing the brand isn’t doing well, she has way more bills to pay and the pandemic possibly did a number on her mental health.

One of you posted that her family is incredibly wealthy. I’m surprised that she didn’t choose to go a business route or be better at business herself. I know people from similar backgrounds, not necessarily pandora papers innovative, but business acumen runs through the family and ambition is key. Her family wealth and status is also a reason why she may be limited from being very public with everything about her life. If she was more switched on, she’d pivot her public presence from influencer to personal brand like other entrepreneurs. Many of those who follow her probably cant afford the lifestyle and products she promotes anyway. She’s simply enjoyable to watch in my opinion.

In her last video she said that she does workouts from an account on Instagram. For someone who doesn’t come on Instagram much I wonder how she pulls that off without getting sucked into the notifications and her own page. She must have a second, private Instagram

Annie should understand why her followers follow her and create content, products based on that. It’s maybe why she’s now following Instagram experts and coaches.
I hope Annie reads on here because this might be the best advice she’ll ever get. I also don’t get how anyone could possibly want to buy her mask. We all know Annie has a 15 step skincare routine, she also gets highly expensive professional face treatments on a regular basis, so what difference could that one mask she uses once a week make ? I sure wouldn't spend 70 € on it !

Personally I don't think she promotes anti feminist anything, staying at home not really being social is just her boring personality, I've never got the impression that she promotes that (anti social) way of living. Her doing all the cooking and cleaning is because shes the neurotic and controlling of her environment type - is Mo even allowed to cook? We all know he has completely different preferences for food. She also seems to literally have nothing to do... so yoga, household chores fill her time. I wouldn't be surprised if working on her business takes only 2 hrs a day (if that).

I think a few of her friends don't want to be filmed, so who knows maybe she has quite an active social life behind the scences..doubt it though.

Its going to be really interesting observing her as a mother, I wonder if it will make her looser and more carefree or if it will just exacerbate her neurosis.
I wouldn’t be surprised either, plus they hired several people working for their brand. And it’s not exactly a huge success isn’t it? So except “working” for another 2 years on a new product they probably don’t have much to do. It’s not like those super brains are working on the formula by themselves.

Also she’s one on the laziest influencers out there and she’s not even trying to hide it, she only ever posts stories when she’s selling something. Usually it goes like this: one picture of the sun rising or her smoothie, one video of her "meditative walks" through the parc and then comes the sponsored content. Like coooome on Annie we aren’t stupid. She probably puts no effort in anything because Daddy is her back-up plan if her career dies.

Btw if you need that much time to “feel good” then you really must really feel miserable to begin with ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
i don't know if i believe she is really "loaded" like the speculations make it seem... why would she be shopping mostly at places like zara, mango and H&M for most of her wardrobe? She has more high street hauls and items in her wardrobe than she does high end brands and designers. She always makes her high end purchases out to be a big deal like she is splurging on them. And it's mostly only bags and shoes that she buys designer. Whereas other influencers who make it seem like they come from wealthy families like Laili Mirza are shopping at high end designers even for ready wear items and not just bags and shoes. I would believe Annie is well off and financially comfortable like she doesn't need to worry about rent because her parents probably help with that, but I don't think she is loaded with millions or billions. She could be living comfortably, on a high street budget especially, on even as little as 100k per annum salary

I think, MO is just a nice accessoire for her. She is the one with money. She controlls everything. The house was decorated after her style. Marriage probably the father paid. HE seems to enjoy life, but perhaps that's why he cheated on her? ( like some comments before someone stated) Also I noticed, she is not going out with him anymore. Before she was out eating with friends , but in the IG stories of MO, I only see him alone with his friends. I mean, not that they have to do everything together, but before they were often out with friends. Just noted this difference.

For my Annie is totally bored. She doesn't need the videos. She is making no efforts. In all that time, she could haven been sitting in the front Rowe of a fashion show, be invited etc, but nothing. There were no ambitions from her side.

FOr me she is also obsessed with her skin. I think, when she has too many pimples, she doesn't go out. her life is all around her skin. it is an obsession. anyway, I didn't watch her videos, as she only makes now videos which are sponsored.
When did he cheated ? Omg did I missed something ?

Reactions: 1
When did he cheated ? Omg did I missed something ?
some pages before you can read it.

I repeat myself, but for me annie is understood as followed:

1) no ambition, nocreative content, no power behind it. Her 100th Hokkaido soup is soo to be seen in a videofollowed by a sponsernd ad, perhaps “how to poop best-please take this supplement “

it comes down to sponsored content,that’s why I don’t watch her videos anymore.

2) for me they live an average life in a city like Munich, Zara and H&M . She doesn’t care about slow fashion. Her content about her amazon sneakers shocked me. Nature doesn’t count.

3) her mask the is not worth mentioning. there is no marketing behind it, I actually don’t know who buys that mask. And I agree, she does monthly treatments . She gives 300-509 euro monthly for her skin. Or more, I don’t know.

And don’t get me started on Mo. I just saw him 2 weeks ago in a cafe. He is just about fame by doing nothing. That’s it for me.

In some years she will get a nose job, because the nose grew too fast, and then she is not content and wants to have heroriginal nose back. That seems to be her philosophy .

I was shaking my head when I started watching her -“ I loooooveeee my original boobs” - video!!!
Are girls so easily fooled nowadays? Or am I getting older? I think, I am too old for that shittt

• Heart
Quite frankly, if Annie came out with a product that made my body glow like a sun kissed goddess in the dead of winter, I would buy it! She always looks tanned, bronzed & hydrated. It’s enviable. People have asked her about that in the past. A lot. She could even get into self tanners.

I don’t bother watching any of her facial skincare videos, because as one of you mentioned,

We all know Annie has a 15 step skincare routine, she also gets highly expensive professional face treatments on a regular basis, so what difference could that one mask she uses once a week make ? I sure wouldn't spend 70 € on it !
She spends so much on her face anyway that I’m 0% confident in the face mask or the new product - moisturizer she’s releasing soon.

But the body glow, id buy that product in a second!

And don’t get me started on Mo. I just saw him 2 weeks ago in a cafe. He is just about fame by doing nothing. That’s it for me.
👆 100% agree with this. He thinks posting stories of the “hustle” (him on his laptop taking pics of the living room) means you’ve made it. He wants the fame , without the work.

If she wants to be successful she needs to re-watch her old Q&A’s and see what people follow her for. She could have a laundry brand to keep your clothes Instagram aesthetic white and she’d make more money than she does with skincare.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
2) for me they live an average life in a city like Munich, Zara and H&M . She doesn’t care about slow fashion. Her content about her amazon sneakers shocked me. Nature doesn’t count.
She could really have set herself apart from the other influencers if she genuinely promoted/cared about sustainable fashion, or was selective with her clothes branding. Its one of the reasons I don't really believe she's as rich as people make out in this thread, if she has so much money why are majority of her clothes basic fast fashion? Most of her income is sponsored by Amazon, Fabletics, Missoma etc that every other influencer gets. Are you guys familiar with Amelia Liana? that to me is a wealthy rich girl living on her parents dime - she occasionally buys high street brands but her clothes and lifestyle are expensive. I think Annie has enough to live a comfortable life, and her parents likely paid for her wedding, but thats about it.

One thing I will say is that Annie generally keeps some items of clothing for years and rewears them every season, for that she gets a thumbs up.

In some years she will get a nose job, because the nose grew too fast, and then she is not content and wants to have heroriginal nose back. That seems to be her philosophy .
I'm convinced she's had non surgical rhinoplasty already, its really subtle but her nose is different from when she started youtube years ago and I don't think its all down to weight loss.

One thing I will say is that Annie generally keeps some items of clothing for years and rewears them every season, for that she gets a thumbs up.
I agree with this. She does hold on to some pieces for a long time and we’ve seen her wear them repeatedly. Which isn’t common for influencers.

Unlike other influencers she does hold on to things, interests and ways. She’s not all over all the place.

I wish she’d take a pause from the Fabletics sponsorships and show us other “fashion” items tried on etc. I feel like it’s 70% fabletics & 30% everything else.

….

Negin's branding and story made sense too...the beekeeping thing has been in their family for generations.
I think Annie doesn't allow Mo to speak or I'm sure he'd have more ideas.
I like how her cousin Sakeena/Skeena is in touch with her roots and speaks the language whereas Annie says she has no connection or desire to connect with her Polish/Russian/Pakistani-Indian/Iranian roots... makes sense that in Germany she makes minimal effort to explore or learn the language fluently.

Skeena is also a fashion designer...an actual profession!

She could really have set herself apart from the other influencers if she genuinely promoted/cared about sustainable fashion, or was selective with her clothes branding. Its one of the reasons I don't really believe she's as rich as people make out in this thread, if she has so much money why are majority of her clothes basic fast fashion? Most of her income is sponsored by Amazon, Fabletics, Missoma etc that every other influencer gets. Are you guys familiar with Amelia Liana? that to me is a wealthy rich girl living on her parents dime - she occasionally buys high street brands but her clothes and lifestyle are expensive. I think Annie has enough to live a comfortable life, and her parents likely paid for her wedding, but thats about it.

I'm convinced she's had non surgical rhinoplasty already, its really subtle but her nose is different from when she started youtube years ago and I don't think its all down to weight loss.
Her family are loaded and have many properties. But in one video she said she doesn't take money from her family in a Q&A

I think the whole H&M and IKEA thing is her Swedishness peeking through. Plus with those hauls she got famous so...she would lost the little relatability factor she has left if she made more designer purchases.

This is a woman who flys business class on non sponsored trips and has traveled the world (luxury resorts) and all over Europe in her teens.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.