Angela Rayner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well Angela Rayner, Deputy Leader of the Labour Party has been in the news a lot recently.
This is mostly in relation to financial affairs and the sale of a house and allegedly false information she gave in relation to her main residence.

Angela Rayner has said she’ll stand down if she’s found to have broken the law. I think many people would acknowledge that what she’s alleged to have done is a drop in the ocean compared to some Tory behaviour.
two wrongs don’t make a right; are the press right to be reporting on this, or is it a convenient storm in a teacup?

I wrote a long whingy post but this is it in a nutshell.

The media decides who gets a kicking and when. Who that is depends on what's most suitable for our media barons' interests at the time.
Guilt or innocence doesn't come into it.

Reactions: 5
I don't know who I'm voting for next time. I couldn't be bothered with either Labour or Tories, and I've voted for both in the past. Can't stand Angela Rayner but equally can't stand Rishi Sunak etc

Reactions: 5
This is a very good read and explains what is happening and why for those interested.

Reactions: 4
This is a very good read and explains what is happening and why for those interested.
That‘s a really good article and bang on the money, imho. I tend to think there’s a certain level of sexism involved too - a lot of the discussion I’ve seen on more male-dominated platforms use some rather misogynistic language about her in a way that they don’t about male politicians.

Reactions: 4
That’s an excellent article and a great reminder of how forgetful the Tories are when it comes to their money.
That said, am i satisfied that she can weedle out of saying she lived somewhere when she was clearly elsewhere with her husband? No.