Anatomy of a Scandal - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really enjoying this so far, high quality for Netflix. Feels more like a bbc production.

Only thing I don't like is the slight gimmick at the end of episode 1.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Really enjoying this so far, high quality for Netflix. Feels more like a bbc production.

Only thing I don't like is the slight gimmick at the end of episode 1.
Bingeing it at the moment because of covid.

It has David E Kelley as an Exec producer so it feels slick. Not entirely sure about Sienna but I love the actor from downtown.

Reactions: 5
Bingeing it at the moment because of covid.

It has David E Kelley as an Exec producer so it feels slick. Not entirely sure about Sienna but I love the actor from downtown.
Yeah I agree on sienna. She's perfectly fine but I've never thought of her as a strong actress so makes me wonder what someone else would have been like.

Rupert friend and Michelle dockery are great

Off today and have watched the first episode and I’m hooked, I really really want Sophie to get a back bone though or even get a bit angry.

Reactions: 7
Off today and have watched the first episode and I’m hooked, I really really want Sophie to get a back bone though or even get a bit angry.
Exactly this!!! She’s taking it rather well, considering! I find them all a bit Hoorah Henry at the moment, I’m sure that’s how it’s meant to be but it’s a bit irritating.

Started watching this tonight, three episodes in and want to punch them all in the face.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Watched it all and

really didn't rate it. The twist was obvious and not very imaginative. Then it played out exactly as you'd expect it to. It was so obvious he'd be not found guilty, the wife would leave and holy would have retribution. Mehflix strikes again

Reactions: 7
I'm up to E3 ... loving it so far.

Rupert Friend sounds so much like Billy Crudup to my ear.

I feel like this might head the same way as that other David E. Kelley production (the one with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant) - I hope not; it just has that feeling.

Reactions: 2
Ugh another Netflix letdown. These dramas always show so much promise and then jump the shark 2/3 of the way through.

Reactions: 6
I'm up to E3 ... loving it so far.

Rupert Friend sounds so much like Billy Crudup to my ear.

I feel like this might head the same way as that other David E. Kelley production (the one with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant) - I hope not; it just has that feeling.
The Undoing?

He also had his hand in Big Little Lies and Nine Perfect Strangers so very much up and down depending.

It was easy to watch and wasted a few covid- filled hours.

Reactions: 3
Sophie whitehouse's wardrobe and interior design of homes were great, everything else was an absolute mess namely:
- swooping camera work gave me vertigo
- unnecessary SFX
- unnatural dialogue “You think like a poet … politics could always use more poetry” 🙄🤢
- the plot twist that you could see from a mile off
- the closing shot

I would say it's worth a watch but as usual, I think itv/ BBC do brit drama a lot better than netflix

Interesting as I felt it was the best Netflix drama for a long time. It just had a classy feel to it, and mostly felt realistic.

The weird sfx at the end of every episode did seem pointless and yeah the twist was obvious but then I wasn't sure if it was really meant to be that much of a twist.

The effect at the end of each episode added nothing but I didn't mind it. Kinda worked for the first episode with hearing about the rape allegation and then they shoehorned it in for the others.

The story was the main letdown. I don't know why they spend so much money on doing everything else so well if the basics aren't in place.

Reactions: 6
The story was the main letdown. I don't know why they spend so much money on doing everything else so well if the basics aren't in place.
The book comes into the charity shop I volunteer in almost as frequently as Dan Brown ones.

Tells you all you need to know really.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
The book comes into the charity shop I volunteer in almost as frequently as Dan Brown ones.
I can see it working as a travel read picked up in WHsmiths airport buy one get one half price. But even if you loved it you most want it taking up space at home.

I can see why lots would enjoy it (especially if it backed up their political persuasion) but it seems so lazy of netflix to always acquire these book rights even if they don't adapt well to a tv show.

The Undoing?

He also had his hand in Big Little Lies and Nine Perfect Strangers so very much up and down depending.

It was easy to watch and wasted a few covid- filled hours.
Yes, The Undoing - I didn't enjoy that.

I loved Big Little Lies; Nine Perfect Strangers was another one I didn't enjoy.

-------------------

I loved it!

Can someone please tell me, did the Whitehouses live in Downing Street? It's something I was curious about (not being from the UK myself).

I did find this which sort of suggested they might have - although, they did have their surname on a bronze plaque beside the front door - do all ministers have that in the UK?:

... I think itv/ BBC do brit drama a lot better than netflix

💯 ... I find a lot of Netflix's offerings a bit blah (although I did enjoy this series).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yes, The Undoing - I didn't enjoy that.

I loved Big Little Lies; Nine Perfect Strangers was another one I didn't enjoy.

-------------------

I loved it!

Can someone please tell me, did the Whitehouses live in Downing Street? It's something I was curious about (not being from the UK myself).

I did find this which sort of suggested they might have - although, they did have their surname on a bronze plaque beside the front door - do all ministers have that in the UK?:

💯 ... I find a lot of Netflix's offerings a bit blah (although I did enjoy this series).
It didn't look like downing Street. If Boris has to live in a flat in No 10 then I'd imagine the other residents also live in flats. The Whitehouse's House would be worth millions, they both are from well off families.

Reactions: 1
No, that property definitely wasn't set on downing st.

There's loads of grace and favour homes around Whitehall but that looked like a private one.

It's not a ministerial thing having a plaque outside (maybe an English heritage blue one after they've been dead a while!). I think that was to feed into the entitled arrogant family name thing.

Reactions: 2
I’m on episode 4 and I’ve enjoyed it so far. I really like Sienna Miller so I’m a bit biased!