American Crime Story - Impeachment - BBC2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I gave up on this. It dragged and I didn’t really care about any of the characters. Lewinsky was sleeping with a married man, Linda Tripp is horrible etc.

Reactions: 2
Yeah it finished, last week I think. I quite enjoyed all of it but the last few episodes were best so stick in if you can. But I’d def wait until it’s all on iPlayer unless you’re downloading it. I couldn’t have kept up if it had been 1 episode a week. But I could say that about any series tbh probably 😬
I know it’s obvs a dramatisation but remembering back to the news coverage at the time and the odd bit since then, I’m quite shocked at how obviously misogynistic it is. I shouldn’t really be surprised should I? 🙄 For ML to be portrayed as so vindictive and like she seduced this innocent loving family man, is horrific. Yes, she knew he was married and was intimate with him, both physically and emotionally, but she was 21 and was clearly flattered by the attention from someone so powerful. He’s a scumbag. Clive Owen is much better in it than I expected and the lady who plays Hillary is great I’m the last few episodes.

Reactions: 4
I though this was brilliant. Up there with the first one. I love Sarah Paulson's acting.

Reactions: 3
Yeah it finished, last week I think. I quite enjoyed all of it but the last few episodes were best so stick in if you can. But I’d def wait until it’s all on iPlayer unless you’re downloading it. I couldn’t have kept up if it had been 1 episode a week. But I could say that about any series tbh probably 😬
I know it’s obvs a dramatisation but remembering back to the news coverage at the time and the odd bit since then, I’m quite shocked at how obviously misogynistic it is. I shouldn’t really be surprised should I? 🙄 For ML to be portrayed as so vindictive and like she seduced this innocent loving family man, is horrific. Yes, she knew he was married and was intimate with him, both physically and emotionally, but she was 21 and was clearly flattered by the attention from someone so powerful. He’s a scumbag. Clive Owen is much better in it than I expected and the lady who plays Hillary is great I’m the last few episodes.
Yip. Me and ML are the same age. I couldn’t imagine being in the position she was in at 21, I was incredibly naive and unworldly. The coverage of her was so misogynistic and slut shaming, and Bill got off Scot free in comparison.

Anyone still watching this? I think it’s gotten way better the last couple of episodes (just finished ep8)… The woman playing Hilary is great.

Yes, I do too. Taken me to esp 8 to realise Clive Owen plays Clinton. The acting is incredible.

Reactions: 3
Just over half way through, it's slow to start but after a few episodes it gets good.

However, bloody hell Monica is annoying, and just when I start to have sympathy she annoys me again 😆 I don't know if that's how she was or if its the actress playing her. I don't think it's helped that we don't really see the build up and the affair to fully understand how she feels and what she experienced, especially with the different timelines at the start.

Clive Owen is good but is too chiselled and doesn't quite look like Clinton.

I know this is an old thread but we have just binge watched this series, I had no idea it was on Disney Plus until very recently and hadn't realised it had been shown on TV previously.
I enjoyed it but I think being able to binge watch kept up the momentum. You realise how horribly Monica was treated by just about everyone, even Linda Tripp was to some extent by the media and the comedy shows, yet Clinton managed to skate through it all practically unscathed.

I know this is an old thread but we have just binge watched this series, I had no idea it was on Disney Plus until very recently and hadn't realised it had been shown on TV previously.
I enjoyed it but I think being able to binge watch kept up the momentum. You realise how horribly Monica was treated by just about everyone, even Linda Tripp was to some extent by the media and the comedy shows, yet Clinton managed to skate through it all practically unscathed.
I agree. I watched Scoop on Netflix about the Prince Andrew interview, and I loved hoe they dropped Clinton's name a few times. He has got away with so much, it's time he got some karma. They also briefly mention Emily's interview with Monica.

We no longer have Netflix so I haven't seen that one unfortunately. It just amazed me that Monica was made out to be the absolute devil of the whole saga yet Clinton was much older than her and in a very powerful position. I remember this happening at the time but I didn't really read into it past the headlines (too busy being young and out enjoying myself lol) but as a parent now I would be so angry if my child was treated like that and disgusted that a man trusted to lead the country would be such a scumbag.