American Crime Story - Impeachment - BBC2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watching this series? Part 3 in the anthology after OJ and Versace, both of which I really enjoyed.

This series is about the whole Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky scandal.

A promising start last night. It stars Sarah Paulson (again) and Clive Owen as Clinton. I think Monica is an executive producer, so hopefully it should be quite accurate. Wondering how they will portray some of the more infamous incidents of the affair :ROFLMAO: 🚬👗

Reactions: 5
I watched! Did not realise it was Sarah Paulson playing Linda Tripp, she was unrecognisable. Great start.

Reactions: 2
I watched! Did not realise it was Sarah Paulson playing Linda Tripp, she was unrecognisable. Great start.
I had to check on Imdb 😂. Apparently she's expressed regret for wearing a "fat suit" for the part. Looking forward to seeing more of Edie Falco as Hillary. Those 90s hairdos though OMG 😂

Reactions: 1
Just watched episode 1. I can happily say that I never had a hairstyle in the Nineties like any of the women in that episode. Those hairstyles looked specific to North America to me.

Reactions: 3
I was a little bored by it at first but it does pick up when Linda meets Monica. The hairstyles certainly were big in those days, and as mentioned above, more so in the US. Linda reminds me of secretaries I have known and worked with.

The glimpse of Clive Owen as Clinton at the end looks to be amazing.

Reactions: 5
The White House canteen looked incredible. No wonder Linda was bummed out at being moved to the Pentagon.

• Haha
The White House canteen looked incredible. No wonder Linda was bummed out at being moved to the Pentagon.
Yes, didn’t it!

I thought the lighting in this was very interesting, as it was extremely subdued everywhere. It reminded of the lighting on the Nashville TV series.

I would hope that times had changed now and people would see Monica as more of a victim than she was at the time. She was a young woman used by the president and then let down by a woman she considered her friend.

Reactions: 8
I would hope that times had changed now and people would see Monica as more of a victim than she was at the time. She was a young woman used by the president and then let down by a woman she considered her friend.
She was treated abominably. Imagine being early 20s and the most powerful man on the planet coming on to you.

Reactions: 7
I've only seen one so far and thought it was brilliant. She plays Linda Tripp really well, what a piece of work.

Reactions: 6
I Googled the actress who plays Monica, she’s Jonah Hill’s sister.

Bill seems very ruthless, him and Hillary a perfect match all told.

I didn’t even know this was on the BBC yet! I’m giddy!

Didn't know there was a thread for this. Finished it last night. I'm too young to remember when this happened, and haven't been reading much about this, so it's been really informative.
Bill, the real culprit passed unscathed. So horrible how the women were the villains in the eyes of the public. Poor Monica, everyone was so terrible to her. Loved the last scene with Monica's panic attack, I really don't know how she survived all that.
At the end, this season was fine, not great. It's a tie with the second season, but the first is still my favourite.

I wish the BBC would have dropped the complete series, I found i was losing interest having to wait weekly.

Reactions: 4