American Candy Stores

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few weeks ago I saw a TikTok about how these stores are allegedly fronts for money laundering and their associated crimes. (Apologies I can't find the TikTok but it was a young man).

I've just seen this;

So now also counterfeit goods and tax scams as well as selling illegal vaping products.

What does everyone think about these shops? Not just candy stores but those random vaping and mobile accessory -type shops that pop up not just in Oxford Street but all over.

Also the sheer number of "sweet shops" on TikTok.

Reactions: 1
Oh wow, I had no idea! How can it be profitable to make counterfeit Wonka bars though?

Reactions: 1
I can't be bothered with these candy shops, they charge a disgusting amount for candy that's cents over the pond, I remember showing my mate who's in America what they were charging for stuff and she could get it for under a doller back home, an they seem to be everywhere as well, I wish towns would limit the amount of these "pop up" shops so we could try an encourage some family owned businesses, I'd much rather be paying out money for somthing to help a family put food on the table

Reactions: 4
I believe it. They have a few of them on Oxford street.Some have suitcases and phone covers too. Don’t believe they actually make enough selling chocolate to afford the high rent there.

I’ve walked in but never bought anything.

Reactions: 2