Amelia Liana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely agree, I find it difficult to say anything negative about Amelia lately,
I fell like since the breakup she's become more likable When I expected the opposite (estee la loner)
I like what she's doing. And i respect that she keeps out of ALL the drama around bought followers/ASA grumbles/instagram grumbles.
I wonder how much of it is because she doesn’t actually “need” to work. And she’s used to not having to hustle for anything.

I'm not a fan of skinnydip stuff at all. That was a collaboration with a ”friend of daddys” for sure! 😬
But Il let that go for now 🤣
Completely agree. Considering how much she has, I find her quite down to earth. She can't help the family she was born into and I like that she's quite unapologetic about that!!

Reactions: 6
Amelia is luckier than most UK influencers in that if she decided to stop tomorrow her lifestyle wouldn't need to change. Even ones that are married and well off, to varying degrees (Fleur, Lily etc) would have to adjust to buying everything for themselves. Ones like Lydia who live beyond their means would struggle.

Weirdly, that privilege makes her slightly more likable to me? As you've wisely said @Tatvam said, shes unapologetic! Not trying to justify herself the whole time.

Yes, I think because she was born into a privelidged world, she doesn't come across as "ooooo look what expensive things I have" or that she's better than the rest of us. She doesn't identify herself by her wealth or purchases. She has class and doesn't flaunt her lifestyle at all.
To me, she's my fave and eventhough she's been around for ages, she's a breath of fresh air 😊

I agree. Although I do find her annoying I enjoy and like how everything about her seems natural. She doesn't need to fake the snobbery (ahem Frow and Lydiot), she doesn't need to flaunt any kind of luxury anything, she doesn't talk about saving up for anything or sneaky purchases ( ahem Fleur and Lily), etc. She's just who she is and her life is just the way it is...she just gets on with things and therefore seems real.

Her podcast is actually very good - accessible, practical & positive (but doesn’t gloss over how crappy break-ups can be). Her honesty is refreshing & brave - to turn something that must’ve been humiliating into something useful for others shows a kind spirit. But she looks so fragile & thin! I hope she’s ok.

Reactions: 1
Just popped in here to say that my sister fell for her SkinnyDip London collab, ordered a couple of pieces and they're crap quality. A necklace arrived broken because they shipped internationally in a thin plastic envelope with no padding, no box or wrap. Earrings don't have a hinge backing so they have to be forced open. Amelia needs to rethink her partnerships if she's about quality ........not that skinny dip is meant to be luxury or anything but it's real crap...

Reactions: 2
Wonder what the relationship status of Guy is? He seems such a good bloke. Did anyone spot Linda Plant? Turns out she's Jak's mum.

Really? My radar must be broken. He seems ten times better than the ex fiance. What was his name again? :LOL:

Linda Plant is one of the interviewers on The Apprentice.

There’s a video with Guy and another male friend of theirs where they make a number of misogynist comments - I can’t recall exactly when though. I think from before the ex-fiancé/Guy moved to Switzerland. It was startling to me that Amelia didn’t edit the video to cut them out at the time.

Does anyone remember it?

kudos to her for the sale she did! I think I saw 5000 raised?

There’s a video with Guy and another male friend of theirs where they make a number of misogynist comments - I can’t recall exactly when though. I think from before the ex-fiancé/Guy moved to Switzerland. It was startling to me that Amelia didn’t edit the video to cut them out at the time.

Does anyone remember it?
Oh well he's definitely off my imaginary nice list then. duck him.

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here 🙂
I don’t like Guy either and remember him being a bit of a misogynist, he strikes me as the Nice Guy TM but underneath that veneer not so nice after all. But I’m nit surprised that Amelia didn’t edit that as I imagine she’s quite used to men in her circle behaving like that. I remember Amelia and her mum fangirling over some pretty patriarchal psychobabble book about masculine vs feminine energies, and they went on and on about how they identify with “feminine” energies which were basically a 1950s housewife stereotype. This kinda explains the marriage obsession as well as their superficiality. I get the feeling that Amelia’s family is quite conservative and into stereotypical gender roles, and I think both her and her sister struggle with it.

Mesotherapy doesn't give you new cheekbones, Amelia 🙄.

( eventho I have to admit it looks great on her. Hope she doesn't overdo it )

A break up manual.....

I will give it to her, she’s really used this break up in a positive way 🤣 I don’t dislike her for it 🤣

Reactions: 2
Has there been any more juice about her breakup?
Can’t listen to her podcasts as her voice grates on me. Occasionally come here though to see if there’s any tea 😂
Come on folks, someone take one for the team!

I love Amelia and Tamara. I guess it is bc both of them are born in privileged families, they don't have the "New Money" stink (a kind of snobby and "oh look I use Hermes toilet paper and rub gold on my skin" bragging and showy attitude). I didn't mean that all people from a common background will become girls like Lydia or Vic, a lot of actually preserves a humble and down-to-earth attitude. Oh boy how Amelia and Tamara make influencers like Vic and Lydia look so bad. I just can't stand them and can't bear to watch any of their contents. I just wish Amelia would post more on her youtube channel, her personality is just so loveable and full of positivity

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.