Am I sad for staying in tonight ?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For various reasons I’m glad to say bye to 2019. I’m staying in with wine, dog, a good book and loads of Netflix.
Am old enough to have confidence in my decision and I don’t have FoMo.

I think it is a very over rated evening, the pressure is in to have a good time, I’d rather sit in a beer garden in the summer with friends and call that New Years Eve!

Reactions: 10
So sorry to hear about your year. I appreciate times are hard and in this situation you should do what you want to do. I'm staying in tonight..food, drinks and games with my autistic sibling. Not one duck given if it's sad or not, try not to be hung up on being 'sad'.

Reactions: 6
New year is overhyped. It’s just another day no one has any control or influence over, but it is yet another opportunity for people to make money out of us. BUY ALL OUR DRINK AND PARTY FOOD! SEE EXPENSIVE FIREWORKS! NOW BUY THIS MAGIC DIET PILL YOU FAT BSTARD NEW YEAR NEW YOU! ad nauseum.

I say, do what *you* want. Be Bridget Jones and have a mope if you want. Go out and see your family if you want.

Reflect on everything, regret nothing.

Reactions: 8
Just dropped my husband off at the airport for 4 weeks of work so just me and my 2 small girls here. No NY parties or invites. The joy of small children 😁 always hated NYE anyway. So much expectation and all that counting down, never been good with numbers 😆 nothing sad about staying in, it's just another day. The plus side is you have a clear head for tomorrow and can plan a nice walk or visit people then. duck you ex. Easy for me to say but look at it as a clean slate. Leave him behind and start anew tomorrow. Happy New Year to you all.

Reactions: 5
I’ve never been out on New Year’s Eve 🤣 my partner always has to work, I’ll be asleep by 10 LOL but get woken up by all the annoying fireworks

Reactions: 4
Not at all.
I made party food with my three year old, we’re doing our new year countdown together at 8pm then the kids are off to bed. I’ll probably watch a sappy movie on my own and eat junk food.
I might order in some food just to treat myself.
I’ve never been sentimental about New Years. It’s just another day for me really.

I’m psyching myself up for the 2nd. That’s my sons birthday but he’s not with us anymore, so New Years hasn’t even been on my mind at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Not sad at all.

Was talking to my fiance earlier about how I dislike the lull between Christmas and new year. I love Christmas but have never been a fan of new year festitivities and I can't wait to get back to a normal routine.

We are out for dinner and I will probably be in bed before midnight. Haha.

Reactions: 3
Don’t feel bad about staying in, it sounds like this was a tough year for you, and it’s a pity that your ex didn’t come through for you. But it’s good riddance, if you think about it. I hope your 2020 is much better, healthy, joyful and so full of gorgeous, smart guys who want to be with you that your biggest problem becomes which one to choose. xx

Reactions: 1
Not sad at all. I'm staying in too, with my parents. I'm at home from uni at the moment and also got invited on a night out. But double fare for a taxi home and £15 entry to the nightclub? No thanks. I'd rather stay in and eat Doritos and drink lots of wine lol. Sorry to hear you've had such a rough year x
Here with my Doritos gin and cousins lol

Question: what would you tell you best friend to do if she was in the same situation ? That’s your answer.

The only sad thing would be if you did something you didn’t want to. I stay true to myself, staying in. I can’t cope with the fake “hugs and kisses” from people other times of the year don’t bother at all.

But having said that don’t sit in and dwell on your ex, he’s an ex for a reason. You’ve seen the other side to him (cold communication) you’ve had a lucky escape. He has moved on and ready to trap his next victim in his web. He’s in 2019 for a reason.... 2020 will bring new things. Focus on you, and what’s right for you this coming year. You deserve it after a rotten year.
So true ! My ex was great up until I went into hospital. He became so distant. I know he has depression and for some reason it got worse when I was in hospital and he had no one to look after anymore lol.

Honestly no one has ever loved me as much as he well showed, unfortunately !! When we Broke up he told me he loved me like 12 times and that we could work out in the future, lolll

I heard he got a tattoo of a demon on his arm and I was like ??? Lol

It's so weird but I'm demi sexual and rarely fancy people! I'm so scared I won't fancy anyone as much as him lol.

Nope. Im planning on staying in and playing the sims.
No one has to go out and party new years eve, its just another night.

Id rather do whatever i wanted then go out and not really be into it.
I'm playing Minecraft with my cousin !

Staying in here too, it's overrated to go out. I'm just not a party person at all. I hope 2020 proves happier for you!

Reactions: 2
I just don't know how to get over the person you thought was the one you where gonna marry !

I sound like one of my patients lol. I see my psychologist once a week thank God lol.
I know I deserve better just hope I fancy them as much as him!!

Last edited:
I just don't know how to get over the person you thought was the one you where gonna marry !
I didn’t know how I’d get over the person I DID marry! I look back at it and I’m grateful that he left me because I’m much happier now - we both are actually. I still see him and his new wife/kids at functions and we all get on fine - I actually really like his new wife. And I like being able to smile at her and think “rather you than me, love” when he’s being a bit of a tool 😂.

At the time I was devastated and it didn’t make any sense to me but now I can see that it happened for a reason and I’m pleased it did. I learnt a lot about myself and how I deserved to be treated after that.

Reactions: 5
I’m in. Pjs on. Bond on and drinking Prosecco 🍾 when I was in my twenties I felt like such a sad twit not going out....so much pressure!! Could not give a flying duck now🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I didn’t know how I’d get over the person I DID marry! I look back at it and I’m grateful that he left me because I’m much happier now - we both are actually. I still see him and his new wife/kids at functions and we all get on fine - I actually really like his new wife. And I like being able to smile at her and think “rather you than me, love” when he’s being a bit of a tool 😂.

At the time I was devastated and it didn’t make any sense to me but now I can see that it happened for a reason and I’m pleased it did. I learnt a lot about myself and how I deserved to be treated after that.
Don't know he's 28 and I'm 30 but had no plans to marry etc and I was like.. eh I want to get married lol

I have become such a more chill person since we brokeup and I never learned how to drive or cook cause medicine took over my life and I'm doing it all now :)

Reactions: 6
Don't know he's 28 and I'm 30 but had no plans to marry etc and I was like.. eh I want to get married lol

I have become such a more chill person since we brokeup and I never learned how to drive or cook cause medicine took over my life and I'm doing it all now :)
Breakups are rubbish but you’re killing it! It is shite, but there’s something exciting about focussing your energy elsewhere, especially stuff that’s going to be so beneficial for you 💖

ps. Staying in for New Years is the champion choice. I’m 27 and staying in with my folks and fella, watching Netflix and tanking wine and it is glorious. You’ve made the right call x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm at home spending New Years with my dogs who are petrified of fireworks and dealing out their medication like tic-tacs!

So sorry to hear you've had a rubbish year and a tough break up with your ex @IrishGryffindor hope tonight hasn't been too bad for you and you can get some peace and closure in the new year xx

Thoughts go out to you too @KateESJ on the eve of your sons birthday xx

To my Tattle crew wishing you all a happy 2020 🥳🥂🎉

Reactions: 4