Am I just being a twat or is my husband being dodgy?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am going through the exact same thing, my husband admitted he had been cheating on me with a friend of ours for a number of months a few days ago. We haven’t even made it to our second anniversary.... I am heartbroken by the betrayal and the way he has been treating me. Feeling robbed of the chance to work on our marriage I offered him an olive branch to try - he didn’t take it so in my heart I know we are done - and maybe that is for the best.
Reading the posts on this thread I know I should always follow my gut - I knew he was cheating but I didn’t want to believe it because I love him and I thought he was better than that.
In a few months you will look back on this and realise what a lucky escape you had. You deserve to be adored and what he has done is not love or adoration. I hope you heal quickly sending so much love to you right now 🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sending my love, there are a few of us freshly heartbroken on tattle at the moment, welcome to the club that no one wants to be in 💔. Are you still living together or has he left?
I’ve bolted to be with my parents as I need 24hr care at the moment and he is staying with his mum as he (deservedly) is not in a good place either . However, I think I’ll be living in the house until things are finalised and it’s unlikely at this stage he will be living there with me.
I am so glad I posted here - to know I’m not alone and others are facing the fears and heartbreak too is sad, but comforting!

In a few months you will look back on this and realise what a lucky escape you had. You deserve to be adored and what he has done is not love or adoration. I hope you heal quickly sending so much love to you right now 🧡
Thank you - you are so so right... it’s so frightening and painful now though - I see glimpses of hope, but then I remember what’s been lost and I crumble again! 8 years together torn apart in a matter of weeks 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve bolted to be with my parents as I need 24hr care at the moment and he is staying with his mum as he (deservedly) is not in a good place either . However, I think I’ll be living in the house until things are finalised and it’s unlikely at this stage he will be living there with me.
I am so glad I posted here - to know I’m not alone and others are facing the fears and heartbreak too is sad, but comforting!
I've come to my parents too. I couldn't be on my own. I've been here 7 days now. I know from the last week how important it is to talk to people experiencing the same feelings right now don't you feel so completely alone. If you want to talk feel free to pm me any time

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I've come to my parents too. I couldn't be on my own. I've been here 7 days now. I know from the last week how important it is to talk to people experiencing the same feelings right now don't you feel so completely alone. If you want to talk feel free to pm me any time
Thank you - I’ve been here since Wednesday but I know I’ll need to go back soon - rip off that band aid and make our home less about us and more about me! X

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I am going through the exact same thing, my husband admitted he had been cheating on me with a friend of ours for a number of months a few days ago. We haven’t even made it to our second anniversary.... I am heartbroken by the betrayal and the way he has been treating me. Feeling robbed of the chance to work on our marriage I offered him an olive branch to try - he didn’t take it so in my heart I know we are done - and maybe that is for the best.
Reading the posts on this thread I know I should always follow my gut - I knew he was cheating but I didn’t want to believe it because I love him and I thought he was better than that.
Sending all my love to you. What a bleep he is and your friend should be ashamed.

Reactions: 3
Thank you - I’ve been here since Wednesday but I know I’ll need to go back soon - rip off that band aid and make our home less about us and more about me! X
I'm going back home this evening. No matter how long I leave it the pain will be the same so I might as well pull the plaster like you said. Just remember non of what's happened is your fault, nothing you did or didn't do, said or didn't say so don't torture yourself with the what ifs.. He is the one that has done this, keep your head high x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What a spineless man . More and more things like this will be exposed during the lockdown . I cannot offer any guidance all i can say is you sounds like a lovely woman and you are so much more than your gutless husband .

Reactions: 7
I’m so sorry this has happened to you. You’ve done the right thing though and it’s his loss. I hope you’re doing ok

I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry you've had to go through this, it must be so heartbreaking especially in a time like this where you've been secluded without much support due to lockdown. You must be really hurting right now, but I really hope you get to move on as soon as possible and get to meet someone who deserves you. You were good enough to offer an olive branch after what he did and he still didn't accept - his loss. I wish you all the best.

Reactions: 5
Thank you for your messages! I’ve been working through things and I’m in a better place. I am not with him and we are starting to put the wheels in motion to get a divorce. I’m planning a more permanent return home this week too 💪🏼 I am worth so much more than the value he put on me and our marriage! And the Value she put on my friendship to her! Hope that the other girls in the same boat are coping ok too. It’s hard, but there is hope for something better 💜❤💜

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Thank you for your messages! I’ve been working through things and I’m in a better place. I am not with him and we are starting to put the wheels in motion to get a divorce. I’m planning a more permanent return home this week too 💪🏼 I am worth so much more than the value he put on me and our marriage! And the Value she put on my friendship to her! Hope that the other girls in the same boat are coping ok too. It’s hard, but there is hope for something better 💜❤💜
So glad you’re ok and have been strong. You ladies deserve much better than what has been done to you. Good for you and I hope in the future someone treats you the way you deserve to be treated.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m separating after nearly 40 years of marriage - it wasn’t my choice initially but Im ok with it now and when I read how sad some of you are I think at least you didn’t do what I did and spend my life with a man who has never really loved me. Be hopeful and excited about the future - you can spend a lifetime with someone who loves truly loves you. Be strong and choose to be happy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I’m separating after nearly 40 years of marriage - it wasn’t my choice initially but Im ok with it now and when I read how sad some of you are I think at least you didn’t do what I did and spend my life with a man who has never really loved me. Be hopeful and excited about the future - you can spend a lifetime with someone who loves truly loves you. Be strong and choose to be happy.
I’m sorry that happened to you and it sounds like these ladies, you deserve better too!

I can’t comment as such as I am in a truely wonderful marriage but I got involved in this thread to try and give advice. I have had some really awful, awful break ups with some truly awful men and I wish I could’ve shaken myself when I was grieving them and say to myself just wait, you will see that it all turns out ok. Time is the most magnificent healer and the pain and the grief will be with it in the end.

• Heart
Ahh this makes my heart hurt for you, I’m sorry you are in that situation. I am in a way thankful this has come to light now and not in a few years where kids may be involved and time has run on. I hope you feel positive about your future too - you deserve better and I hope you find happiness in yourself first, and then Perhaps with someone else who adores you. I loved my husband completely - I adored him and everyone could see it but it wasn’t enough for him 😞 I need to divert that love onto myself and the friends and family who love me! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ahh this makes my heart hurt for you, I’m sorry you are in that situation. I am in a way thankful this has come to light now and not in a few years where kids may be involved and time has run on. I hope you feel positive about your future too - you deserve better and I hope you find happiness in yourself first, and then Perhaps with someone else who adores you. I loved my husband completely - I adored him and everyone could see it but it wasn’t enough for him 😞 I need to divert that love onto myself and the friends and family who love me! Xx
You will have a new lease if life after this, trust me. The initial stages are the worst but you will have so much to look forward to. I always think one of the most important things in life is the ability to be truely happy in your own company. The moment I found that was a huge turning point in my life. I feel excited for you and what your future has in store. I am so sorry it didn’t work out with your husband but he clearly wasn’t worthy of you x

• Heart
It’s taken me years to recognise this - I don’t regret it as we have had a wonderful family and family life but now they’re adult and I don’t want to live with a man who neglects me and our marriage. Finally I have a future that’s open and full of possibility!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.