Alternative Christmas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all I was just wondering what plans non Christmassy people have for the season?I will get the nieces and nephews gifts but don’t feel like joining in the celebrations at all this year.So what other films/food/activities could I do to have a slightly less hectic season.I am off for nearly 3 weeks.I am planning a Air BnB trip but that’s it so far.Any advice welcome.

Reactions: 2
Hi all I was just wondering what plans non Christmassy people have for the season?I will get the nieces and nephews gifts but don’t feel like joining in the celebrations at all this year.So what other films/food/activities could I do to have a slightly less hectic season.I am off for nearly 3 weeks.I am planning a Air BnB trip but that’s it so far.Any advice welcome.
Great thread idea. We didn’t really do anything Christmassy last year, didn’t buy presents (except for the dog haha). I even couldn’t be bothered making a Christmas dinner. Instead I ate a bowl of Profiteroles because that’s what I felt like and it was bliss 😂😂. Parking myself here to see other peoples suggestions as I don’t want to really do Christmas again this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Last year it was my first christmas alone and I was isolating so I made myself christmas dinner, ate a cake that I'd bought and did my university work. This year I'm alone again, so I will probably do the same thing.
I usually go on a Christmas Day run (yeah I'll see myself out on this one cause it's a crap idea but it calms me down ready for the overwhelming family gathering. Method to the madness I promise). I don't really do much else. I've never liked christmas before cause I was working non-stop so it's only now I've started to enjoy it

My mil passed away shortly after Christmas last year, so we really don’t feel like doing anything. We have kids so will make a effort for them, but would love ideas of places to go or stay at instead of just being at home over Christmas.

I make sure I have all my favourite foods in the house, and then I settle in with Netflix, my favourite DVD’s, a pile of books, etc etc when I have Christmas alone. I’m missing the Christmas gene and so every couple of years rather than going to see family I properly lean in to not getting involved 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My mil passed away shortly after Christmas last year, so we really don’t feel like doing anything. We have kids so will make a effort for them, but would love ideas of places to go or stay at instead of just being at home over Christmas.
have you thought of renting an Airbnb somewhere? You can still make it your own unlike a hotel but you wont be in your house as such. Some European countries (Germany being one but I am bias 🤣) are amazing at Christmas time. Much better than the UK imo which is very consumer focused.

I’m not really into Christmas. I make an effort for the family but I find it really depressing. I’m working this Christmas and couldn’t be happier tbh.

Reactions: 1
I have little ones so I do everything by the book (as I feel I should 🤣) but my Nan and grandad’s local Indian buffet opens every Christmas for them especially and they go there every year, have an Indian buffet, drink themselves silly and then come home and crash out. I aspire to be like them when I’m older 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Usually I choose to work over the Christmas & I liked that distraction cos it meant I could just avoid being forced to go see anyone, but last 2 year it has just been my & my husband at home, watching movies & play video games (the sims).
We make a nice dinner of steak & potato gratin with a yummy desert.
We get gifts for our cat (treats and a new toy) and we buy ourselves something nice.
We also like to go cinema so we try go there at some point too.
Other then that it's just usual day to day stuff.

Reactions: 1