Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread for planning Disney holidays.
sharing stories, passing on and asking for advice 🙂

hope it helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes please!! Me and my best friend are planning on going in 2022- ages I know but we’ve never been and obviously need to save! Any tips, recommendations, dos and Dont’s would be very much appreciated!

thank you!!

Reactions: 1
So many tips to share as we go to Florida most years. Get to the parks as early as you can and start from the back of the park and work your way back to the start, lots of people go in and jump on the first rides they see. We buy multi park tickets from Floridatix which saves money and you usually get something thrown in for free! Download the Disney app and plan all your fast passes - cuts queues for certain rides by half and you manage to get loads more rides done! Take your own food/snacks - Disney food is v pricy - and top tip... WEAR GOOD SHOES! You’ll walk miles! You’ll have the best time, my favourite place in the world!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So many tips to share as we go to Florida most years. Get to the parks as early as you can and start from the back of the park and work your way back to the start, lots of people go in and jump on the first rides they see. We buy multi park tickets from Floridatix which saves money and you usually get something thrown in for free! Download the Disney app and plan all your fast passes - cuts queues for certain rides by half and you manage to get loads more rides done! Take your own food/snacks - Disney food is v pricy - and top tip... WEAR GOOD SHOES! You’ll walk miles! You’ll have the best time, my favourite place in the world!
Thank you!! Would you recommend a Disney dining plan??

I would also agree parks early if you stay on property make use of the morning extra magic hours. This means that you can get most of the park if not all (depending on how hard you want to go) and venture back to your hotel for 1:30/2pm to either grab some pool time, relax, freshen up and then head out again at around 6 to do a park in the evening, catch the fireworks, go to Disney springs for dinner.
I would also say have a loose plan of what parks you want to go to when and build your fast pas around that or build your itinary around the fast passes you get. Always leave a few days blank so you can still be spontaneous.
I would also say avoid the parks on weekends or stick to the mornings. We usually do outlet shopping, beach, Disney springs, resort day or go to universal on a weekend as it’s not normally as busy as Disney.
if you want to know anything specific let me know I go all the time and used to work in magic kingdom

Reactions: 8
Thank you!! Would you recommend a Disney dining plan??
No worries! 😃 as much as I’d love to we don’t stay at the Disney hotels as we’ve found them v pricy, we stay in Lake Buena Vista or International Drive and tend to find a hotel with breakfast. We load up on breakfast and that usually sees us through until late afternoon!

I would also agree parks early if you stay on property make use of the morning extra magic hours. This means that you can get most of the park if not all (depending on how hard you want to go) and venture back to your hotel for 1:30/2pm to either grab some pool time, relax, freshen up and then head out again at around 6 to do a park in the evening, catch the fireworks, go to Disney springs for dinner.
I would also say have a loose plan of what parks you want to go to when and build your fast pas around that or build your itinary around the fast passes you get. Always leave a few days blank so you can still be spontaneous.
I would also say avoid the parks on weekends or stick to the mornings. We usually do outlet shopping, beach, Disney springs, resort day or go to universal on a weekend as it’s not normally as busy as Disney.
if you want to know anything specific let me know I go all the time and used to work in magic kingdom
Completely agree with the avoiding weekends part!

I am planning on going Oct 2021🤞🤞 hopefully 2020 won't screw these plans!

I have also gone down a disney hole today on youtube because I know I won't be travelling this year.

We are planning on a disney resort! Thinking about Art of Animation or Pop Century! Would anyone recommend one over the other. The deluxe resorts are the dreeeeeam though.

We always say international drive or Kissimmee so it’s easy to get to both Disney and Universal ... don’t buy merch in Disney, there are kids of cheaper shops on I drive or even Walmart.

We are planning on a disney resort! Thinking about Art of Animation or Pop Century! Would anyone recommend one over the other. The deluxe resorts are the dreeeeeam though.
I would choose art of animation purely for theming. They are both on the skyliner line so are great for getting to Epcot and Hollywood studios quickly.

Yes please!! Me and my best friend are planning on going in 2022- ages I know but we’ve never been and obviously need to save! Any tips, recommendations, dos and Dont’s would be very much appreciated!

thank you!!
Hi! Found you...

Any questions - just holla!

Hey!

we just need any advice we can get haha! Never been and going for our 30th birthday me and my best friend! We don’t know where to start!

I am planning on going Oct 2021🤞🤞 hopefully 2020 won't screw these plans!

I have also gone down a disney hole today on youtube because I know I won't be travelling this year.

As an adult I’ve stayed at Dolphin (as in Swan and Dolphin), Port Orleans French Quarter and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista.

Out of those we have been back to French Quarter a couple of times. It’s a moderate resort, the smallest Disney resort which means no 5-10 minute walk back to your room after a long day in the parks, only one lot of bus stops so your not picking and dropping off at multiple stops and also a huge bonus (for us being an adult couple) is the boat to Disney Springs.

Ive not been to pop century or art of animation, however, I think if you look for someone like Tim Tracker on YouTube or Adam Hatton they have done tours of most of the resorts which should give you an idea.

If you are hoping on free dining I believe those resorts offer free breakfast, so if you are looking to upgrade to the quick service dining plan, it’s often cheaper to just upgrade to a moderate resort rather than paying the difference...

Hope that helps? If you have any more questions, just ask!

Hey!

we just need any advice we can get haha! Never been and going for our 30th birthday me and my best friend! We don’t know where to start!
Have you already booked or looking to book now?

As an adult I’ve stayed at Dolphin (as in Swan and Dolphin), Port Orleans French Quarter and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista.

Out of those we have been back to French Quarter a couple of times. It’s a moderate resort, the smallest Disney resort which means no 5-10 minute walk back to your room after a long day in the parks, only one lot of bus stops so your not picking and dropping off at multiple stops and also a huge bonus (for us being an adult couple) is the boat to Disney Springs.

Ive not been to pop century or art of animation, however, I think if you look for someone like Tim Tracker on YouTube or Adam Hatton they have done tours of most of the resorts which should give you an idea.

If you are hoping on free dining I believe those resorts offer free breakfast, so if you are looking to upgrade to the quick service dining plan, it’s often cheaper to just upgrade to a moderate resort rather than paying the difference...

Hope that helps? If you have any more questions, just ask!

Have you already booked or looking to book now?
I don’t think we can book till end of the year or beginning of 2021! So we are going to be saving etc! We would like to stay at a Disney hotel!

Just - I think you probably haven’t booked yet so I’ll base my response on that...

First off, you want to think about the kind of trip you want to do... just Disney, Disney and Universal, no parks, some parks and exploring or cruise...

Depending on your answer this will probably determine where you want to base yourself for your trip.

The other thing to consider when thinking about where to stay is if you are going to have a car, use uber or Lyft or relying on resort transport.

Disney offer magical express (free transfer) from Orlando airport to their hotels and then various modes of free transport depending on which resort you are staying in (buses, boats, skyliner) so if the majority of your trip is Disney and you’re not driving I’d opt for a Disney hotel.

In previous years, Disney have offered free dining if you booked in April for the following year... either free breakfast for value resort, free quick service (2 quick service meals and 2 snacks) at moderate or free Disney dining plan (one quick service, one table service and 2 snacks) for deluxe resort.

In my opinion if you are going to book a Disney hotel it’s worth waiting to see if free dining is offered as you then don’t have to worry about paying for food when you get there. Disney food and snacks are expensive and whilst you may want to buy some extras at least most of your meals would be covered.

What kind of resort were you looking at?

Just - I think you probably haven’t booked yet so I’ll base my response on that...

First off, you want to think about the kind of trip you want to do... just Disney, Disney and Universal, no parks, some parks and exploring or cruise...

Depending on your answer this will probably determine where you want to base yourself for your trip.

The other thing to consider when thinking about where to stay is if you are going to have a car, use uber or Lyft or relying on resort transport.

Disney offer magical express (free transfer) from Orlando airport to their hotels and then various modes of free transport depending on which resort you are staying in (buses, boats, skyliner) so if the majority of your trip is Disney and you’re not driving I’d opt for a Disney hotel.

In previous years, Disney have offered free dining if you booked in April for the following year... either free breakfast for value resort, free quick service (2 quick service meals and 2 snacks) at moderate or free Disney dining plan (one quick service, one table service and 2 snacks) for deluxe resort.

In my opinion if you are going to book a Disney hotel it’s worth waiting to see if free dining is offered as you then don’t have to worry about paying for food when you get there. Disney food and snacks are expensive and whilst you may want to buy some extras at least most of your meals would be covered.

What kind of resort were you looking at?
No we can’t book it yet :( wish we could but nothing available yet! And we probably want to do everything! Including a day at universal. We have been looking at the all star resorts as they seem the cheapest Disney hotels

Adding my recommendation for Port Orleans French Quarter. It’s my absolute favourite resort 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Playing around with a split stay at Disney will post more info when I sit down and map out dates properly, I know my rough timeframe but will be visiting family too in another state. Looking at 4 nights at a luxury resort and 6 at a affordable resort, not well versed in disney terminology, going for autumn 2021

We usually book everything separately and play with the dates on skyscanner ... we’re looking at flights for £349 return each and 4* hotel with breakfast for about £1800 for 14 nights, £600 for a car then park tickets are the killer at about £708 each then about £3k in spending money for 2.

Last edited:
We have done budget hotels, 4* hotels and villas so prices range but with flights, disney, universal, sea world and Busch tickets, halloween horror nights, car hire and spending money: around 2 to 3k each

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.