Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the system as it is too! And I love booking my meals months in advance too 😂 I’m such a saddo!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I love the system as it is too! And I love booking my meals months in advance too 😂 I’m such a saddo!
Me too. There's so much to do at WDW it can be overwhelming so I really liked knowing in advance which park I was going to, fast passes and meals booked. It wasn't a military operation, there was always time to mooch around and change plans if we wanted to, it just meant we weren't wasting hours every day trying to decide which park to go to, where to eat etc.

Reactions: 2
we’re planning august/September 2022 and are supposed to be going to Tokyo this September but that might be pushed back. I don’t mind the 30 mins early entry at every park rather than extra magic hours as you can get a lot done and I think it’ll spread the resort guests out a bit. The happy 15 works well in the Asian parks so think losing EMH isn’t too bad. The ME going is a strange one. I think they are trying to save money Chapek does seem the thrifty type of CEO

we’re planning august/September 2022 and are supposed to be going to Tokyo this September but that might be pushed back. I don’t mind the 30 mins early entry at every park rather than extra magic hours as you can get a lot done and I think it’ll spread the resort guests out a bit. The happy 15 works well in the Asian parks so think losing EMH isn’t too bad. The ME going is a strange one. I think they are trying to save money Chapek does seem the thrifty type of CEO
I think the lost of the evening ones is more of a bummer - you used to get loads done and could be in to the park until way later

Reactions: 1
I think the lost of the evening ones is more of a bummer - you used to get loads done and could be in to the park until way later
I was thinking maybe they will just extend their regular opening hours post pandemic plus introduce more paid for after hours events for those who want less queueing time.

Hoping to go sept/Oct 2022 as our honeymoon.
Plan is to stay at the Disney resort in hawaii, some time in california and do Disney land and then into Florida for a week. It will be 3 weeks in total. Just need to properly plan it all.
Will be staying off site as we normally so. Cant wait to actually book but waiting until we know for definite borders will be open.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The coverage of the Disney Springs Gideons opening and all the cookie pics on the gram is definitely making me wish I was there 🥲🍪

I was thinking maybe they will just extend their regular opening hours post pandemic plus introduce more paid for after hours events for those who want less queueing time.
I wouldn't mind this, I also liked Early Morning Magic. They weren't cheap but you got so much done. We literally rode every single seat on 7DMT one morning, just walking off and on the ride for an hour or so. Something we'll never forget.

This thread has understandably been dead a while!

But is anyone thinking of booking for 2022? I’m considering a Feb or April trip but never been in Feb so not sure. (Obviously all covid dependent!)

I am gutted about magical express going too 😩 but the train sounds like it will be a cool replacement when finished.
Been in January and it was bloody freezing. No help to you I know!

Been in January and it was bloody freezing. No help to you I know!
Ack really? Like proper freezing though or just Florida freezing? 🤣 I don’t like it to be super hot! But also want to wear summer clothes.

I went in January and there was frost and they had to cover the plants 😂

Still went to the water parks and literally the only people there were brits 😂😂😂

• Haha
If you go January early feb take jumpers and some jeans you probably will get a lot of warm days but it’s so unpredictable so be ready for the cold.

Hoping to go sept/Oct 2022 as our honeymoon.
Plan is to stay at the Disney resort in hawaii, some time in california and do Disney land and then into Florida for a week. It will be 3 weeks in total. Just need to properly plan it all.
Will be staying off site as we normally so. Cant wait to actually book but waiting until we know for definite borders will be open.

Where do you like to stay off site in Orlando? Last time we were there we stayed on International Drive and loved it there location wise.

Where do you like to stay off site in Orlando? Last time we were there we stayed on International Drive and loved it there location wise.
We stay at Rosen Inn at pointe, on International drive. Love it there. Great location. And Millers across the road is our fave!

Reactions: 3
We stay at Rosen Inn at pointe, on International drive. Love it there. Great location. And Millers across the road is our fave!
Oh I loved Millers! So many great places on I Drive. We always love Yard House too.

Has anybody booked for this year? If so, how are you feeling about it? We were hoping to get there this summer for our honeymoon but hesitant with no Disney dining plan and mask mandates :(

Has anybody booked for this year? If so, how are you feeling about it? We were hoping to get there this summer for our honeymoon but hesitant with no Disney dining plan and mask mandates :(
I’ve got august 21 booked (we booked pre covid). Honestly I don’t think we’re going, and if we can not sure I want to with expensive testing and mask wearing in the heat. Making alternate plans for a staycation instead

Awww im glad i have found this topic!

I normally go to DLP twice a year so i know pretty much all there is to know about Paris, but i have never been to Florida and that is my plan. Do people prefer to book all in and get a package, stay at a disney hotel? or do it a bit different and get a villa etc? i can see benefits to doing both tbh, but i cant seem to find decent prices. The things i have looked at is about £15 k and thats far too expensive.

Awww im glad i have found this topic!

I normally go to DLP twice a year so i know pretty much all there is to know about Paris, but i have never been to Florida and that is my plan. Do people prefer to book all in and get a package, stay at a disney hotel? or do it a bit different and get a villa etc? i can see benefits to doing both tbh, but i cant seem to find decent prices. The things i have looked at is about £15 k and thats far too expensive.
ive done it as a package or booking separately. Last time I went we were the last flight out of Manchester with Thomas cook and being able to pay it off monthly was great. Ocean Florida are usually good for packages at a decent price. I’ve also stayed in a villa which is great if you’re happy to drive to get around and pay the $25-30 parking at the parks. I find on property it’s so much easier to get around with the buses boats skyliner etc and also you’re in the magic. But villas are great as you can cook yourself. I’ve booked directly through Disney before and that’s the most expensive to be honest. It’s an expensive trip however you do it. for 2 of us on property we paid about 6.5k for 2 weeks but that was with free Disney dining which saved us a fortune and we stayed a port Orleans riverside. Whereas a week in a villa in davenport (we were just there for a wedding) cost £100 each for 6 of us plus flights around £500 plus tickets for a week around £250 (not sure exactly the cost for the ultimate ticket at the mo) and I took 500 dollars spends. My friend Hired the car so I paid all the parking charges.

May 2022!

This thread has understandably been dead a while!

But is anyone thinking of booking for 2022? I’m considering a Feb or April trip but never been in Feb so not sure. (Obviously all covid dependent!)

I am gutted about magical express going too 😩 but the train sounds like it will be a cool replacement when finished.
I’ve booked for May 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.